G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My window motors keep failing!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My window motors keep failing!!!

So I own a 2004 6spd coupe and I had to replace both window motors when I got it because they were bogged down and werent working right. I replaced them with motors I bought from Oreilly that came with lifetime warranties...Once i swapped them they immediately worked better...just like new...however after having them installed, a month and a half went by with no problems and then all of a sudden the drivers side began failing and then went dead all together. Oreilly honored their warranty and I replaced it and it again worked fine.

Now I was out cruising all day with no problems until I go pick my girlfriend up. I roll down the window to say something to her and I go to roll it up and...nothing. nothing at all. I get home and bang on the door only to get it to struggle closed very slowly, sounded just like the first dead motor.

Basically replacing these things isnt the problem, because I am becoming very skillful at the process and i essentially have a lifetime supply at no cost but WTF! How can these motors keep failing? Neither motor was older than 2 months! They work perfectly when I install them and then just fail without warning.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? I am wondering if something could be causing these motors to fail so quickly...

Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i bought an oreilly motor.... e'ffed up my regulators... BAD, had to buy all new Nissan motors and regs...

Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 AM
really? the Oreilly motors I got were exactly the same size and shape of the nissan motors, how would they eff up the regulators?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
My passenger window and lock don't work.. It sucks bigtime.. I got dynamat on the inside of my door to.. I'm not looking forward to replacing mine.. Lol

Old 05-16-2010, 11:58 AM
the process of replacing them doesnt suck that much...what sucks is that even replacing them only seems to work for 2 months before you have to replace them again...

Old 05-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Yeah that would **** me off to.. You try an oem one??

Old 05-22-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm going through the same process... mine just failed for the 3rd time today. I hate having to replace it all the time. But the fact with going with another OE one is the possibility of it failing again, and then you are out the 200 bux.

Is there any way that one could possibly install it wrong?

Old 05-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Lesson learned, only buy Nissan parts! Check out www.infinitihelp.com they have an answer for almost everything. Maybe they can give you some insight to why your motors failed prematurely. When you replaced the motors did you clean everything inside the doors or leave anything behind like the carbon residue from the old motors? Just a thought, ultra clean works best.... Here's the number to Riverside Infiniti, being a sponsor they give us great discounts....800-913-3130
Gary

Old 05-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Lesson learned, only buy Nissan parts! Check out www.infinitihelp.com they have an answer for almost everything. Maybe they can give you some insight to why your motors failed prematurely. When you replaced the motors did you clean everything inside the doors or leave anything behind like the carbon residue from the old motors? Just a thought, ultra clean works best.... Here's the number to Riverside Infiniti, being a sponsor they give us great discounts....800-913-3130
Gary
Thanks for the help. But whats to say that buying another OEM motor will do the trick? I've read people have had problems with the OEM motors as well. So its a hit or miss situation.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 AM
ok so I am revisiting this thread because tonight my drivers side window has failed again which will make this the 3rd time I have had to replace the motor and I havent even owned the car for a year!. I got the motor from Oreilly because it has a lifetime warranty, its a PITA to keep replacing but its free...

Ive been scanning the many posts about failing motors and some people seem to recommend getting a replacement OEM motor from the dealer...my question is, does that really make a difference? I am not to keen on spending another $200 if I am looking at replacing the motor again in a few months. Did Infiniti fix the defect in the motors? - or am I doomed to replace it again and again forever?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
just go oem already... had mine replaced about 3 years ago and has not failed since...

Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by av8or
just go oem already... had mine replaced about 3 years ago and has not failed since...
I agree. My driver's side window motor failed eighteen months ago. I had the dealership replace it with an O.E.M. motor, and no issues so far.

Eighteen months isn't that long, but it's a lot longer than two months. Personally I don't care if I could get 100 free non O.E.M. motors. If I have to change them every few months it's still costing me time...which is more important than money.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a 2004 sedan, and I had the same problem when I got the car the passenger side window motor kept failing. So they replace the motor three times in a six month period and on the third time the repair shop took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the window computer after installing the new motor, and I haven't had any more problem since.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04nismoG
I have a 2004 sedan, and I had the same problem when I got the car the passenger side window motor kept failing. So they replace the motor three times in a six month period and on the third time the repair shop took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the window computer after installing the new motor, and I haven't had any more problem since.
youre supposed to reprogram it each time after you install it anyway...have any of you guys tried taking the motors apart and cleaning the brushes?

Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The guys at the repair shop most likely didn't know that they were suppose to reprograme the window after installing the motor, and thats why the motor kept failing until the dealer reprogramed it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My window motors keep failing!!!