G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Oil Consumtion update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Oil Consumtion update

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I seem to have trouble getting my point across about owners responsibility to keep the oil full even if the engine is using oil.

Till Infiniti agrees that you have an engine that uses in excess of what ever they consider normal, you are stuck with maintaining the oil level.

<hr></blockquote>

That is a very typical dealer response, however it is unacceptable. I depend on my car, not the vice versa. I did not purchase an infant, I purchased a car. I have NEVER had a consumption issue with ANY other car I have owned and if the dealer tells me that this is normal, the car goes on the selling block. I have a dishonest dealer overfilling my car to make it seem as if I am not burning oil, and a BRAND NEW $39K car that eats oil like a 1981 Ford Bronco.

UNACCEPTABLE

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi (every option offered)
"You can live in your car but you can't drive your house"

Old 09-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any good tips on checking the oil accurately? The dip stick sucks, especially if you have an injen CAI in the way.

I notice that a lot of dirt collects around the dip stick too so make sure you get that all out before putting the dip stick back in place. I pulled the dipstick out one time and it scooped up a bunch of dirt on the way out.

Anyone have a mod for an easier dip stick. This crooked thing is pretty much useless.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I truly agree....I didn't spend 40K on a G just so I have to worry about oil consuption....Hell I have a rice burning VTEC civic with over 140,000 miles and what do you know...it still holds all of its oil. I'm about to take my G in about the oil consuption and damn car still continues drifting to the right even with the new rod they placed because of the TSB. BTW, my G is burning approx 1-2 qts. for every 5,000 miles.

It's a G thang, you wouldn't understand...No Really, you won't understand unless you have one.