G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

ECU reflash for breather mods question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back to this thread. I tried the following steps provided by xXHotelCrazyXx awhile back. I couldn't get my CEL starts blinking on instruction number 3. Anyone try this before?

Basic ECU Reset

Operations Procedures:

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (NOT start) and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone. If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Remember, timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. You may even need someone's help to do this correctly.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dofu
If you really think the UpRev Osiris, a program that is based on Cobb's, that does everything exactly the same way, is better, then you're not just a tard, you're a f*cking idiot.
how about u Suk my left

Originally Posted by NachoCheese
So why don't you buy a Chrysler and GTFO?
and U suck my right nut

this is the reason why **** load of people leave g35driver and go onto other forums, Cause Y'all are bunch of online thugs, that know everything meanwhile cant install a fucckin short ram intake. Douchebaggery at its finest.

Last edited by iiiiiekoiiiii; 06-01-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by tommyz9
Back to this thread. I tried the following steps provided by xXHotelCrazyXx awhile back. I couldn't get my CEL starts blinking on instruction number 3. Anyone try this before?

Basic ECU Reset

Operations Procedures:

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (NOT start) and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone. If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Remember, timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. You may even need someone's help to do this correctly.
Thats how I usually reset my ecu, Timing is very important on this. When u get good at it, u can just do the count urself. till then Id use like a stopwatch or if u have a blackberry, makes life easier.
Again timing is very important, sometimes feels like U have to keep ur foot on the gas pedal for more then 10seconds. till it starts blinking. In the beginning takes a few tries.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM
^ Thanks for your info. I will try it again when I get home.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:31 AM
that Also works on the 2nd gen g35 sedans.
My friend was telling me he kept tryin and couldnt get it right. I looked at his instructions and it's the same thing as 1st gen. 1st try bam. Ecu reseted.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
how about u Suk my left

and U suck my right nut

this is the reason why **** load of people leave g35driver and go onto other forums, Cause Y'all are bunch of online thugs, that know everything meanwhile cant install a fucckin short ram intake. Douchebaggery at its finest.
Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
Thats how I usually reset my ecu, Timing is very important on this. When u get good at it, u can just do the count urself. till then Id use like a stopwatch or if u have a blackberry, makes life easier.
Again timing is very important, sometimes feels like U have to keep ur foot on the gas pedal for more then 10seconds. till it starts blinking. In the beginning takes a few tries.
Gotta love how the f*ggot who don't know what he's doing with an ECU reflash is telling people how to reset the ECU. That's right, stick with the simple sh*t like installing intakes and resetting ECUs.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 AM
If I perform this successfully, will this reset my clock and radio?

Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
Gotta love how the f*ggot who don't know what he's doing with an ECU reflash is telling people how to reset the ECU. That's right, stick with the simple sh*t like installing intakes and resetting ECUs.
U feelin tough over there buddy?
I love pieces of shyts like u that talk so much **** online. I would love to slap the living shyt out of u at a meet. Wish u lived close to Ny and showed up at a good event.
WOW ur so cooool man, u must know how to install a spacer too since u know so much.
Show what you got, another stock sedan that thinks he's modded up the ***?

Originally Posted by tommyz9
If I perform this successfully, will this reset my clock and radio?
No, it will not reset ur radio, nor ur clock.