G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pulled Over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
You guys that hate cops need to f^ukin grow up! They're only doing their jobs that the city or state hired them to do. I've had way more than my share of tickets and deserved each and every one....almost. I've been pulled over several times where the officer admired my ride. After a brief explanation of why/what I was doing I wasn't given a ticket.
Gary
I have no problem getting pulled over when doing something stupid/wrong - however getting pulled over all the time for no front plate when half the cars i pass don't have one and drive by the same cops as i do pisses me off. This is the biggest sham - just a means of harassing.

I get harassed by cops all the time. Happened to me and my buddy just 2 nights ago - pulled us over for racing.. he was behind me and we were both going 30 MPH - so he gave him **** for no front plate... etc.

This makes you a dick.

Giving me a ticket for speeding doesn't make you a dick because i deserved it. But don't try to be my friend when you do it...

Old 05-30-2010, 09:40 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ Hah, that was crazy the other night, Kevin. And for ****s and giggles, I'll post the terrible picture that you took of me getting pulled over for "racing." Even though I was following you, on a ****ty road that I wouldn't be caught dead speeding on anyway, unless I wanted to scrape my car.

Holy crap, I didn't realize the picture would be that small. You suck at taking pictures, Kevin.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
^^ Hah, that was crazy the other night, Kevin. And for ****s and giggles, I'll post the terrible picture that you took of me getting pulled over for "racing." Even though I was following you, on a ****ty road that I wouldn't be caught dead speeding on anyway, unless I wanted to scrape my car.

Holy crap, I didn't realize the picture would be that small. You suck at taking pictures, Kevin.

sorry it's a ****ty phone.... and i didn't have time to zoom in!!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, Imma have to agree. I don't have problems with cops pulling you over and doing there job. Just don't waste my time when you do it.

And please please please don't pull me over just to talk to me about my car. (This hasn't happened to me, yet. But, I can't see enjoying the situation if I am wanting to go somewhere.)

Old 05-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So a cop can't be polite or respectful because its perceived as being a dick...they are human too you know.

It seems pretty stupid to me if you have been pulled over for no front plate before and yet that you still drive around without one.

And everyone knows dark tints arent allowed. Yea its a BS law but its still a traffic violation. So don't bitch about getting a tint ticket when you got tints.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by BonBG35
So a cop can't be polite or respectful because its perceived as being a dick...they are human too you know.

It seems pretty stupid to me if you have been pulled over for no front plate before and yet that you still drive around without one.

And everyone knows dark tints arent allowed. Yea its a BS law but its still a traffic violation. So don't bitch about getting a tint ticket when you got tints.
I agree 100%

Old 05-31-2010, 12:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah i was going 12 over apparently and got pulled over and the one cop wanted to search my car and i said no and the other cop was like i understand why youre were speeding haha thats a sick car i was like thanks man. and
he was like" is that your ride? did you buy it? it is actually yours?"
i was like " yeah man i work hard for my money, im the owner and the only one on that title" haha
all in all they were like we get why you speed have a nice night, oh and nice ride kid" haha

Old 05-31-2010, 04:32 AM
A while back I use to have an SLK320. When I got pulled over for speeding this is what the cop said. "License, registration and insurance please....Wait! with a car like this you must have insurance...so license and registration please" Then he wanted me to show him how the lights, radio and etc. worked.

After all that he still gave me ticket.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:42 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by kricci11
I have no problem getting pulled over when doing something stupid/wrong - however getting pulled over all the time for no front plate when half the cars i pass don't have one and drive by the same cops as i do pisses me off. This is the biggest sham - just a means of harassing.

I get harassed by cops all the time. Happened to me and my buddy just 2 nights ago - pulled us over for racing.. he was behind me and we were both going 30 MPH - so he gave him **** for no front plate... etc.

This makes you a dick.

Giving me a ticket for speeding doesn't make you a dick because i deserved it. But don't try to be my friend when you do it...
That sucks. What part of H Town were you guys in? Did this happen on a weekend night? More than likely the cops were looking for something else and used the "racing" excuse to pull you over.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by BonBG35

I have a front plate because i got sick of the harassment. But i still get pulled over for every little thing... it's pretty ridiculous.

I'm just saying - no need to be overly friendly with me while giving me a ticket - in my book that is what makes you a dick. It'd be like going in for a loan having the banker be overly friendly with you then say sorry, no can do.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
That sucks. What part of H Town were you guys in? Did this happen on a weekend night? More than likely the cops were looking for something else and used the "racing" excuse to pull you over.
happened friday/saturday morning - maybe 2ish.

And i am sure they were, but that is harassment as far as i am concerned, we weren't doing anything wrong and get pulled over...

Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by kricci11
I get harassed by cops all the time. Happened to me and my buddy just 2 nights ago - pulled us over for racing.. he was behind me and we were both going 30 MPH - so he gave him **** for no front plate... etc. This makes you a dick.
I haven't run a front license plate for years and I aways have tint on my cars. I know it's just a matter of time before I get a violation for both but you won't hear me complain cause I know what the laws are and I sure won't blame the cop. And, you won't see a thread where I'm complaining and feeling sorry for myself either....
Gary

Old 05-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
I haven't run a front license plate for years and I aways have tint on my cars. I know it's just a matter of time before I get a violation for both but you won't hear me complain cause I know what the laws are and I sure won't blame the cop. And, you won't see a thread where I'm complaining and feeling sorry for myself either....
Gary
This isn't my thread. I don't feel sorry for myself. I just made a statement and it's been blown completely out of proportion by some. I don't blame the cops -as stated in a previous post. I just wish they would not be overly friendly to me... we're not friends, don't try to act like it.

I'm just sick of being pulled over every other day for BS excuses.

Last edited by GeezNuts; 05-31-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
We were in the Sugarland area, heading home from another fellow G member's house. Funny thing is, the cop came out of nowhere, and I guess that's part of their job is to be able to be really sly like that. He lit me up, pulled me over, and then continued to accuse us of racing.

I'm pretty sure he was looking to see if I was drunk or on drugs or whatever, since he kept shining his flashlight into the cabin of my car.

Regardless, the only thing he could get me on was me not having a front plate, but luckily, he let me go.

But to elaborate on what is being said in this thread, I don't like getting pulled over either and I understand it is the officer's job to look for violations and enforce the laws. I also understand that it is my responsibility to follow those laws that are implemented and that I take the risk of being cited when I don't follow them, such as not having a front plate. But I do agree with Kevin on this one, once you pull me over, please don't pretend to be my friend. I'll show you the proper courtesy and not be rude, but don't try to be real buddy buddy with me. Just take my information, run my license / plates, and give me my citation so I can be on my merry way. And don't accuse me of stealing my own car either... that's why you ask for registration because it will obviously be in my name.

Last edited by XiN; 05-31-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Which town did this happen in OP? I'm in jersey as well. I'm pretty sure tint ticket is $54 if it hasn't gone up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled Over