G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who said the G35 can't run with Lamborghinis??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by binder
so basically what you are saying is if you take a stock g35 and double the hp we will beat a lambo.

great post

Actually that is not what I was saying. Was just kiding around. However, based on what you are saying...yes. if you did what you suggest you are talking about racing a 660HP+ G35 against a 640HP lambo that also weighs 200 pounds more.

Now I LOVE lambos but if you take a look at the people who drive them and their lack of knowledge about their $300,000 toys, then you will understand why the cars are getting more tame and computerized compared to the wild beasts they used to be. In short...CEOs don'nt drift, they drive lambos! Those cars are heavy and full of understeer and you can't see anything out the back. The transmission is slow(like G-37) for my tastes.

Remember they are also naturally aspirated. A 200 pound lighter G with 20 more HP and similar torque numbers is the car I would want to be in for the quarter mile. That being said, my favorite car is the murcielago...but NOT because its the best performer. It's the complete package that has me. The look, the SOUND, the power and to a much lesser degree the handling.

Disclaimer: When I referred to the 640HP 487ft lb Murcielago as tame I was referring to the fact those numbers suggest a much more violent experience than you get in today Lambo. I mean flooring the pedel in a car like that should be a potentially scary experience(or so you would think), but as long as you don't break traction it's not scary at all....unless you break traction. IF you break traction, then you WILL know why there is a bull on the front of the car.

Last edited by visualfxpro; 06-01-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucid

I think the OP brings up reasonable thought, if the performance numbers under the hood were close then there wouldnt be much difference in how the cars run together
So if 2 cars have similar performance numbers they would run the similar speeds?

Who'd have guessed that?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 AM
cool looking show. i'll have to check it out. Especially if they are going to do a piece on G35s in the same episode they do ferraris and lotus. Niiiiiice.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Doubt that the less weight in the G is going to make up for the lack of 140HP unless the torque can be put into the 500+ range...then maybe. If the G has even slightly more power however...

That being said, I can assure you, my favorite car the Murcielago is most definitely NOT better than the G in EVERY way. There is no comparison in the luxury space and your G feels like having a 30LB sofa for a driver seat after a day in the Murci. The G is probably much safer with it's lack of carbon fiber body and the air bags everywhere. You have 4 seats and a much bigger trunk. You have power seats with more adjustments than just forward and backwards. When you look in your rear view mirror you see OTHER cars, not your own...unlike with the Murci. I can guarantee you that you can get into and out of your G faster than in a Murci. You can also park your G without having to open the door. You can get more than 9 MPG. You can drive more and spend less time in the shop. A lot of what makes the Murci great is actually it's "legend" which comes a lot from it's cost in my opinion. Just like an ugly feature lacking first generation iPod("Wow...you have an iPod...you're rich!!"). The G is a very well rounded car that does very well in most if not all areas. The Murci does well in a very limited few areas. Areas like:

-Looks
-Sound

If that is not enough to convince you of how much better a G is in more than a few areas then consider this. You didn't hear it from me, but a certain high ranking official at Lambo HQ doesn't even drive a Lambo themselves. They drive a car that some would consider a G35 rival. The biggest flaws with the G in my opinion is the weight and suspension. Drop 500-1000LBs and tighten up that suspension and I think we would all be VERY impressed. That theoretical car however would take away some luxury(Rough ride) in order to gain significant performance and handling advantages.
Originally Posted by herrschaft
I'd like to see you take a Murcielago with a 500hp G. I could write paragraphs explaining how that car is superior to a G in every way, but I'm not going to waste my time.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well imo,i dont care who you are..if u had the cash and a G was siting next to a murci,and u had to choose..im guessing most would choose the murci.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
well imo,i dont care who you are..if u had the cash and a G was siting next to a murci,and u had to choose..im guessing most would choose the murci.
Yup most would, then there's a few that would choose a G and built it to out-perform a lambo.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
The G coupe at least in looks can hold it's own with the exoctics...

Old 06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
My sister thinks the Murci is ugly. lol. I know, something is wrong with her. She does like the G though. Leave it to a woman to be thinking all practical.

I saw a Murci get raped by a Supra. Lambo did not have a chance.

Originally Posted by lost hybrid RF
Yup most would, then there's a few that would choose a G and built it to out-perform a lambo.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Am i the only one that thinks the video looks neat? haha
Cant wait to see the video OP!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by binder
so basically what you are saying is if you take a stock g35 and double the hp we will beat a lambo.

great post

Old 06-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Stupid thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Added some more footage on the track

Got a nice shot with G35, Lotus and Porsche next to the track and an M3 SMOKIN! Enjoy!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by whosurbuddiee
stupid thread
+11111111111

Old 06-06-2010, 02:30 PM
gck
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
THe video has nothing to do with the threat tittle...what a waste!!!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 02:41 PM
"Let's take a look at the G35 6 M T. You see the seat raises up, the steering wheel is moving."

hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who said the G35 can't run with Lamborghinis??