G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

show me G35 with 19"+ rims without lowering the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by walshtj
I think that stock ride height if fine, especially for a DD like mine.
You're definitely the minority. Any time anyone posts pictures it always gets "lower it, add spacers". I have speed bumps in my complex, so I don't have much room to lower it. I may do some Tein's and a .5" drop, but that's about all I could get away with and doing .2 MPH over the bumps.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My '05

My '05 with 19x8.5 F and 19x9.5 R ASA JH8's , bone stock ride height

The pictures are with OEM size tires on the rims. I have since replaced with 245 up front and 275 in back to more match the rim widths.

Attached Thumbnails show me G35 with 19"+ rims without lowering the car-waxed2-10-08.jpg   show me G35 with 19"+ rims without lowering the car-waxed-10-08.jpg  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Please drop your cars, looks ridiculous with the 4x4 stance. I DD my car and I'm on coils and my college town was pretty much made for trucks, all it takes is practice and going slow - it isn't impossible to drive your car low.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Irrelevant
Lowered cars look better, imo.

I recently put 19's on my coupe, without lowering, and it looks fine. The outside diameter of the tires is no smaller than stock. The rear is a little larger than stock (245/35 & 275/35 if you were curious)

As the outside diameters are the same, saying "19's look bad without lowering" is the same as saying "17's with factory tires look bad". This isn't rational...it's just that most cars look better lowered a bit.

I'd love to lower my car, but if I did I couldn't get out of my driveway. The way the driveways are built here, they basically end at the curb, and there's an abrupt three inch drop at the end.

No time for pics today, but perhaps I'll get some in the future. I'm hesitant to post any, since the standard for photographs on this board is high enough I don't have enough time to produce a photo to meet those standards.
All points well made. And post up your pics with no fear. We have some serious photographers amongst our members but a ton of people with basic point and shoots. A decent pic is better than no pic at all.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by twarsop
These are from the day they were installed, so the tires are filthy from shipping..

are those tenzo type M's ?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by v4shj16
are those tenzo type M's ?
Yes, Version 1.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't lower mine cause my driveway is gravel and it's an obstacle course now. I do plan on adding a front lip though. The best thing I did was put on 25mm spacers to flush my wheels out. That made a HUGE difference

Name:  Signaturepic.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  13.5 KB

Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 PM
nice, i thought soo. mine should be coming this week. their black too but with a polished lip. should look sick on my LR G. It doesn't look like u got a Big brake kit. i plan on getting one tho, eventually u think it'll fit with the rims? Where did you get u your tenzo's by the way?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice, i thought soo. mine should be coming this week. their black too but with a polished lip. should look sick on my LR G. It doesn't look like u got a Big brake kit. i plan on getting one tho, eventually u think it'll fit with the rims? Where did you get u your tenzo's by the way?
Tenzo's?

No regular brakes with Slotted and drilled rotors. They work great. Stop on a dime.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Nice. You'll have to post pics when you get them on. No, I don't have a big brake kit, no other mods are on the car except wheels/tint/black bumper lights (not shown). Not sure if they will fit a brake kit, probably won't go that route myself. I got mine from Wheelsnext (don't buy from them, horrible experience).

Did you get the staggered fit or standard?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by jwrape
Tenzo's?

No regular brakes with Slotted and drilled rotors. They work great. Stop on a dime.
oh sorry , that question was for twarsop, he's got Tenzo Rims.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice. You'll have to post pics when you get them on. No, I don't have a big brake kit, no other mods are on the car except wheels/tint/black bumper lights (not shown). Not sure if they will fit a brake kit, probably won't go that route myself. I got mine from Wheelsnext (don't buy from them, horrible experience).

Did you get the staggered fit or standard?
OH i see. ya i heard wheelsnext suck thats y i ordered mine from wheelstudio. They're on back order so its been over a month since i 1st ordered them. but their customer service is pretty good. Did you put them on ur self? like changing a flat rite? just for each wheel. thats about the only experience i got when it comes to wheel. but they recommend getting an alignment after u put them on so i'll prob do that.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
these are from the day they were installed, so the tires are filthy from shipping..

holy incorrect offset batman!!!

OP..... LOWER IT FIRST... IMO every vehicle should be lowered from the factory instead of having 4" of wheel gap.

And for all you whiners saying you cant lower your car... THATS BS!!! Im dumped on 20s tucking tire... not once have I scraped the bottom of my bumper or sideskirts, the exhaust or cats (cant tell which one) is the only thing I ever scrape. When youre lowered you adjust your driving habits and learn real fast what roads you can take and what ones you cant.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:51 PM
OH i see. ya i heard wheelsnext suck thats y i ordered mine from wheelstudio. They're on back order so its been over a month since i 1st ordered them. but their customer service is pretty good. Did you put them on ur self? like changing a flat rite? just for each wheel. thats about the only experience i got when it comes to wheel. but they recommend getting an alignment after u put them on so i'll prob do that.
Yes, Wheelsnext does suck. My brother in law actually works for a Les Schwab around here, so I took them to him to put them on. They came pre-mounted, balanced, and aired, so all that was needed was take off the old wheels and put the new ones on. He also did an alignment while I was there. However, if you don't have a buddy at a shop, you can jack up your car and put the wheels on one by one yourself as long as they are balanced, then drive to the shop and get the alignment done. Normally the shop would have charged me something like $30 a wheel to swap them out, but all my work was done free, obviously.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
OP..... LOWER IT FIRST... IMO every vehicle should be lowered from the factory instead of having 4" of wheel gap.
An obvious exaggeration. There is maybe an inch of gap... maybe.

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
And for all you whiners saying you cant lower your car... THATS BS!!! Im dumped on 20s tucking tire... not once have I scraped the bottom of my bumper or sideskirts, the exhaust or cats (cant tell which one) is the only thing I ever scrape. When youre lowered you adjust your driving habits and learn real fast what roads you can take and what ones you cant.
Making assumptions and telling people what to do with the cars they own makes you sound like a complete douchebag. You added absolutely nothing to this discussion other than to start a flame war. If you like your 20's and a dumped car, good for you. You have no idea what kind of roads the people on this forum drive on, so your assumptions are both irrelevant and invalid. I'd rather drive and enjoy my car and have it sit where it is than lower the sh*t out of it and have to "adjust driving habits" to pull into my house every day. If someone decides to lower their car, it's their choice, and I sure as hell am not going to do it because you don't like it. I don't know you, and I don't care about your opinion. Especially in a thread that asked specifically for pictures of cars with 19" wheels and not lowered.

The following users liked this post:
kev210 (09-05-2011)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: show me G35 with 19"+ rims without lowering the car