G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

airbag light on and flashing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
airbag light on and flashing

ok just a couple of questions guys. not really trying to mess with it too much and ruin my vacation but airbag light is on and blinking. car has never been wrecked and just hit 40,000 miles on way to the beach this morning. do you check it the same as check engine light and if i was to try the trick that gets it to turn off would i still be able to pull the problem code? this car has been nothing but issues but trying to get them all resolved

Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmg35
ok just a couple of questions guys. not really trying to mess with it too much and ruin my vacation but airbag light is on and blinking. car has never been wrecked and just hit 40,000 miles on way to the beach this morning. do you check it the same as check engine light and if i was to try the trick that gets it to turn off would i still be able to pull the problem code? this car has been nothing but issues but trying to get them all resolved
wsup wsup.. i have a 06 coupe and happened to me too.. no accidents either.. i did the reset procedure and it hasn't turned back on since then..

**one thing to keep in mind.. if your car is 06-07 like mine then don't do the airbag reset procedure because if you take it to the dealer and the code matches with the recalls then you get it fixed for free. if your car is older then 06 then best bet is to just do the reset procedure so you don't cough up mad money at dealer.

Ignition Key Method:

1) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
2) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
3) Wait 4 seconds
4) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
5) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
6) Wait 4 seconds
7) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
8) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
9) Wait 4 seconds
10) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
11) Wait 3 seconds
12) Turn IGNITION off
13) Wait 2 seconds
14) START Car (the light may be blinking slower than before)
15) Wait 3 seconds
16) Turn IGNITION off
17) Wait 3 seconds
18) START Car

Old 06-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...=air+bag+light

You have an '04 so I don't know if this applies to you. But I would check it. My light started flashing out of nowhere, and the dealership ended up having to replace a bunch of stuff on the driver's side. If your '04 doesn't qualify for the recall, it should still be covered under your powertrain warranty if your car still has it.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
ok sry cant multi qoute im on my phone but it is a 04 and so as far as the recall goes i havent heard anything for us earlier owners. im also not under warranty either. does anyone know the way to pull the code and if itll still be able to be pulled if i was to clear the light out. and five4me have u taken it to get it checked. i dont want to just clear it if it is a more serious problem

Old 06-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmg35
ok sry cant multi qoute im on my phone but it is a 04 and so as far as the recall goes i havent heard anything for us earlier owners. im also not under warranty either. does anyone know the way to pull the code and if itll still be able to be pulled if i was to clear the light out. and five4me have u taken it to get it checked. i dont want to just clear it if it is a more serious problem
well i was annoyed of the light flashing so i did the reset.. and then i called dealership the next day and told me i should of let it flash and brought it in so they can pull the codes.so i have to wait til it flashes again to bring it in.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
see i would think it would keep flashing if there was an actual problem. hmm guess i need to search and see if there is a way i can pull the srs code

Old 06-15-2010, 03:44 PM
thanks for the info man. im prolly going to end up cutting it off soon cause it is annoying and it was daytime so its gonna really suck at night

Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
This is happening with my 06, I guess dealer time.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
^ yessir but i believe u are under a recall so it shouldnt actually cost you anything. check to make sure its not just for sedans so check link posted earlier by jevangel! but as far as mine i just did the reset and turned it off. idk what this is gonna cost me in long run but couldnt find how to read engine codes

Old 06-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Yeah next time Im home, headin to the stealership...

Old 06-18-2010, 07:50 AM
^ yes that is probably what i should have done to. eish i knew a way in which we could pull the codes ourselves. but i cleared it out before night came. didnt want these beach cops to have a cheapie and pull me cause they think its a darn seat belt light

Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had that problem with my 03, and i did the reset but it kept coming on so figured it was a real problem. took it into the dealer, and they replaced a bunch of stuff (airbag sensor and stuff i don't remember)

heres the weird part. the bill came out to over 1100 for parts. and i was worried because this was last year and my car was way past warranty. but apparently the airbag warranty is separate and 10 years (thats what the dealer said) and i ended up paying for nothing. hopefully you have the same case.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mitsuko
i had that problem with my 03, and i did the reset but it kept coming on so figured it was a real problem. took it into the dealer, and they replaced a bunch of stuff (airbag sensor and stuff i don't remember)

heres the weird part. the bill came out to over 1100 for parts. and i was worried because this was last year and my car was way past warranty. but apparently the airbag warranty is separate and 10 years (thats what the dealer said) and i ended up paying for nothing. hopefully you have the same case.
ok well it hasnt come back on for me yet but that is some great info. ya i kinda regret turning the light off but not sure what the problem is now since it cant be pulled.

also i will need to check on the warranty. i actually bought my car without any warranty and did not buy it from infiniti. i do not currently have any warranty so not sure if the airbag warranty would apply

Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Infiniti warranty stays with the car. The easiest way to find out is to call your local dealer and ask them.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:41 AM
ok well the car came outta miami with 25k miles on the odometer. it was a lease vehicle too but i will definately have to check out the warranty info on airbags. can anyone confirm dave's post?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: airbag light on and flashing