G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

? for anyone who has rebadged to Skyline....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2011 | 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by bigc
wtf is with these thread revivals today?
Are you saying this topic has been discussed before Chris? Wonder what they would have found had they SEARCHED rebadging? Only several hundred posts.... I love the date on this thread....2K04
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 08-21-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2011 | 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
are you saying this topic has been discussed before chris? Wonder what they would have found had they searched rebadging? Only several hundred posts....hboy:
gary
He must have spelled it wrong and didn't come up with anything. Hehe

Old 08-21-2011 | 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by bigc
wtf is with these thread revivals today?
Maybe people are just bored and just reading old threads

Old 08-21-2011 | 05:44 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Or maybe n00bs ARE searching?!?! Perish the thought

Old 08-21-2011 | 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Or maybe n00bs ARE searching?!?! Perish the thought
Lmao

Btw skyline on g35 = rice

Old 08-21-2011 | 08:45 PM
well...everyone yells at noobs to use search, so they comply, then they find topics from 7 years ago and post.

and for the record, your G isn't a skyline just cause you stick the badges on it. it's not. really, i promise. whenever i see someone with skyline badges i just think, "you aren't that cool. you aren't that JDM. see how you are driving on the left? that's no skyline."

Old 08-21-2011 | 09:30 PM
Wish ppl would quit crying about havin skyline is rice n it isn't. It's personal preference. No One is gonna like everything u do. No one is gonna cry about what y'all do to your car. I have it on mine but I don't think it's rice. Most ppl put the clear corners...is that rice?? Is it not from Japan skyline?? Are out cars not made in Japan with Japan parts from Nissan?? Just because you don't convert it to rhd it's not jdm or have the right to put skyline? Now if you put gtr stickers then yeah rice!! Last time I noticed our cars r all Japanese unless Nissan is building American muscle. No one is driving rhd cars here unless u got cash...so I guess every import can never be jdm?!? I'm just sayin...my .02¢

And maybe ppl are looking stuff up from old post. But if ppl post new post on the same topic ppl get mad at the noobs either way!! Make up ur mind ppl!!

Old 08-21-2011 | 09:32 PM
As long as ur **** looks clean n isn't tacky go for it no matter what anyone else's opinion is. It's ur car do what u want. Can't please everyone. Just be tasteful with your mods n ppl should respect you and your car and what you do to it

Old 08-21-2011 | 09:43 PM
by putting clear corners on i'm not trying to represent my car as something it is not. if i put the RHD JDM battery cover over my brake area, again, it's aesthetics, not misrepresentation.

it's like putting center caps on replica wheels. if you wanna rock Varrs, go for it. don't put Volk caps on it. that is the DEFINITION of a WANNABE. like you said, no one is here is driving RHD cars unless they have the cash. same thing as putting caps on replica wheels...don't have the real thing cause you don't wanna pay for it.

and don't tell me you think the word "skyline" LOOKS BETTER than "infiniti"

Old 08-21-2011 | 09:58 PM
Then Nissan should put Infiniti on every part they make for Infiniti. the only reason it says Infiniti is because us American will pay the extra 10k for the same **** everywhere else in the world just cuz it's labeled luxury. I don't think it's a misrepresentation. If you put gtr then yes. Its not like it's not a Nissan. Are they not labeled Nissan parts...you can slap whatever you want on it but the end of the day it's still made by Nissan. Infiniti is just a glorified Nissan. I think the misrepresentation is saying it's not a Nissan? Either way can we all agree on that??
It's all personal preference either way. I just don't think it's rice...throw some gtr stickers, a big *** wing, giant chrome rims that don't fit and a tacky body kit then let's talk about rice.

Old 08-21-2011 | 10:03 PM
Now throwing Volk caps on some Micky mouse brand rims from the mom n pop rim shop at the corner tryna pull that off then yea that's rice and a misrepresentation. I totally agree on that.

Old 08-21-2011 | 10:06 PM
A real misrepresentation is a damn Porsche 944! That things a f'n glorified vw!! IMO. Just sayin

Old 08-21-2011 | 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by team_work
A real misrepresentation is a damn Porsche 944! That things a f'n glorified vw!! IMO. Just sayin
We can ABSOLUTELY agree on that!!

Old 08-21-2011 | 10:33 PM
^ finally!!! Lol
Now as for our cars let's agree to disagree lol

Old 08-21-2011 | 10:42 PM
Talking

WHA?! Porsche=VW & Mercedes=Chrystler? i didnt know tht...

anyways, back on topic... I tell people i drive a V35 Skyline, if they see my car and start arguing i tell them its JDM badged but its the same car/same parts. if they continue to argue, then i just tell them, do some research, i bought the car for me, not for you... no way in hell i spent that much money to impress you lol but it all depends on how you look at it...

1. From a legal standpoint, its an Infiniti, not a Nissan. my car is registered as in Infiniti G35, and the DMV sees it as a G35. When i tried to bring my car to the Nissan dealership for a recall they sent me to the Infiniti dealership(anything that i NEED a dealership for, i go to Nissan).

or

2. From a common sense standpoint, its still a freakin Nissan! We all know Infiniti's are just Nissans, and i wouldnt even say "upgraded" because you can get the same features on the G that you can the Z. 90% of the parts for the Infiniti G35 and the Nissan Skyline 350GT are exactly the same. if Infiniti made a RHD G35 then it would be closer to 99%, with the badging as teh exception. every other part would be the same. but since Americans as a whole cant get away from teh whole Infiniti/Nissan separation, car companies are able to make a KILLING off of us. Americans like things nice and we like to do things big! many of us let that mindset take over common sense, we see the Nissan logo as "cheap" and possibly lower quality... c'mon now, we all know Z's have some of the same problems and im sure in japan their Nissans have the same problems, because they are same parts! Its not like i took a standard WRX and threw STI on there! those are 2 very differnet cars w/ very different parts. This is the same car, but i just chose to rebadge it how Nissan originally had it(yes, it came out in Japan first)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ? for anyone who has rebadged to Skyline....