G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Gforce Performance chip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Erexx
Please then expain to me the increase in mpg. That very small change resulted in a 2+ mpg increase. Nothing I had done prior installing the resistor had any affect on gas milage. I've added a K&N air filter and Borla cat back exhaust expecting a slight increase in mpg which never materialized. The car has consistantly averaged about 19 mpg since it was new. I've kept records. Over the last 4 fillups my average increased to 21.9 mpg. That's better than a 10% increase which I consider petty good for something I wasn't sure would work either. I like to tinker and have the time and money to **** away so my attitude was WTF I'll give it a shot. I have no dog in this hunt it's basicly irrelevant whether anyone belives me or not. I don't have any involvement with the company and don't sell them on ebay. I just figured someone might be interested in my results, sorry for the intrusion The reason I don't post anything is I do not care to get into bullshit sessions like this one. I visit this site essentially for information and research. Some of which I find informative and other information a little too involved for me to take on as a poject or I have no interest in. You guys won't hear from me again unless you care to.
Like someone has already stated, our cars have ECUs that can be retuned/reflashed.

This IAT sensor trick has been around for ages.

The whole point of it is as simple as putting in a resistor that sends a constant signal that makes your ECU think the intake air temps is constantly 60 something degrees, tricking it into advancing timing and adjusting fuel to compensate. This can be a good thing, but it can also be very bad. I'll let you think about that and decide for yourself.

FYI, this can be done with a 25¢ resistor from Radio Shack.

Last edited by dofu; 04-26-2013 at 02:54 PM.