G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

window stuck down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
^^ thaht no longer worked for me... I took of the motor already.... It wasnt hard at all and i did not have any experience with door pannel but like i said its not rocket science lol.....wat ima have to is get it replaced.... There is a 350zmotor will it fit and still have same fucntion with fob???

Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
^ sucks..

Old 09-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Yea i know do u know if the 350z motor will work also??

Old 09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
my passenger side is having the issue. ima gett it fixed this weekend ( i think it jus needs cleaning) but wat ive been doing is banging the door handle part inside the car cus thats a solid piece while holding the window button up and eventually itll go up. ive started using a water bottle (with water inside lol) seems to work better and safer. usually hitting it towards the top or bottom of the handle seems to work. hasnt failed me yet lol

Old 09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8_
do u know if the 350z motor will work also??
I'm pretty sure it would but call the dealerships and compare the part numbers just to be sure.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by vipers
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING THAT'S BEEN MENTIONED

Sorry, needed to get your attention before you waste your money. Take a few things into consideration. I've had this car for 3 years now and I've had more window motor problems than I can count. I would HIGHLY recommend buying one on-line or from autozone (should be $200 or more from autozone but there's a $40 core charge you get back). Anything at all is better than going to the stealership.

Another option (for now) is to pull the window up manually and leave it. Unless you really need to put it down. I left mine like that for a while cause I didn't have the money. If it won't come up just hold the window button up with the door open and slam it shut...the window should pop right up because your regulator is still fine.

Lastly whatever you do, don't pay someone to do this for you. Look up a DIY on it and do it yourself. Shouldn't take over an hour. It's simple, especially if you do it several times like me

Good luck.

this is true for the most part.

BUT if ou have alocal auto electric rebuilder near you.. see what they can do. I had mine replaced with arebuilt motor for $140 including the 15 minutes of labor.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Hold the button up and slame the door shut...lol mine always got stuck. it was the only way to get it up or down.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:05 PM
If it doesn't work the first time try it a couple times. Your going to have to shut it relatively hard.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
^^lol until the window breaks lol

Old 09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yesterday i tried the whole punching the door and slamming trick with no luck except the guys at my station thinking im crazy or just really pissed off lol

when i dropped my G off at the dealership today, and the service guy was telling me that since i have tint(20%) that it puts extra stress on the window motor and "technically" would void my warranty. Then he said but here we don't count tint as voiding the warranty.

uhhhh i called bs on that

but for the mean time today they loaned me a g37 sedan

Old 09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by XLR8_
^^lol until the window breaks lol
The window won't break lol

Old 09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by EMTxx
yesterday i tried the whole punching the door and slamming trick with no luck except the guys at my station thinking im crazy or just really pissed off lol

when i dropped my G off at the dealership today, and the service guy was telling me that since i have tint(20%) that it puts extra stress on the window motor and "technically" would void my warranty. Then he said but here we don't count tint as voiding the warranty.

HAHAHA the 20% tint puts extra stress on the window motor?!?! What an idiot! He was actually serious while telling you this?

Old 09-02-2010, 02:31 PM
^yup no lie!!!

I just was kind of blown away by that and too speechless for words to try and argue, and then he was saying "but at this dealership, we dont void the warranty for tint" like he was doing me a grand favor or something.

I just said, "ok" cuz in my head i knew as soon as im done talking to this guy, the sooner they will work on my car.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by EMTxx

lol unless a film of tints adds 10-20 pounds to the window I dont see how the motor would stress, wow at how dealerships are willing to tell just about anything to take your hard earned money.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Verztu
lol unless a film of tints adds 10-20 pounds to the window I dont see how the motor would stress, wow at how dealerships are willing to tell just about anything to take your hard earned money.
i know huh! dont they know that some of us are trying to save up for some volks or works! they are making it that much harder

but in good news. picked my car up and everything works perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: window stuck down