window stuck down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
ok but does it sound like the motor?
I just went through this I can almost assure you it is the motor. I went through the whole slam hit the door thing for about two weeks then it finally stuck down.

The install is quite easy this is what I used as reference:

http://infinitihelp.com/diy/gcoupe/p..._procedure.htm

Use the reset procedure after the install then you're all set.

Name:  reset.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  67.4 KB

Old 09-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
with the auto up auto down function when the window hits the top or bottom it holds the motor on for a second each time and eventually make a burnt spot on the contacts so you have to bounce it off of that spot and it will work. with the car on pull the switch up or down and bang the door right fter u pull it it should work might tke a couple trys depends how hard u hit it. also when u pull the switch and it doesnt move the motor after 2 seconds it shuts off the switch and you had to repull it. its just a way to get it to close if its stuck i milked my window this way for a few months being too lazy to take it out lol

Old 09-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
UPDATE UPDATE-------------------------

got new motor from rockauto. quick test and it moves via switch. installed it and went to reset everything and go figure the SWITCH ONLY WORKS FOR GOING DOWN.

I hit the switch to go up and it doesn't, i took it off and brought the glass up manual by taking off the motor. I looked at the bare motor and clicking any type of down and it spins counterclockwise. I click up and it spings counterclockwise!!!.

I go take off my pass side panel and hooked the motor to the pass side switch both up and down worked properly and it spun both ways.

So what i came to the conclusion so far was, 1 the motor was indeed bad because i hooked the old motor up to either driver side or pass side switches and it is dead. 2. the motor is good because when hooked up to the pass side it will spin clockwise and counter clock.

now...either my friend bought a pass side motor, but i doubt it because it should still work up and down just not mounted the same. The switch or the wiring it dead on the driver's side. He told they were playing with the switch for a while before i worked on it and well they might of damaged it, dropped and etc.

what do you guys think.

cliff notes: new motor in, works but only goes down when plug on driver side. Works both up and down when plug into pass side.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Premier Member

It's gotta be a bad driver side switch... If you had a buddy with a other g you could test it to be sure.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i ended up jus replacing the motor. was a lot easier. screw it lol $160 at checkers n lifetime warranty. that's deals

Old 09-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by xCALiBUR05
It's gotta be a bad driver side switch... If you had a buddy with a other g you could test it to be sure.
i have a sedan and dont know other local coupes in my area.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey by any chance would anybody know how i can fix this issue?

my back window wont go up it will only go down so i thought that maybe:

1) the motor was bad so i tested that motor on the other side and it worked fine

2) maybe the switch was bad so i tried the switch on the other side and it also worked fine

3) all the connectors are receiving electricity

So basically all the hardware works window motor and switch but it wont go up..... any idea?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:10 PM
my window on drivers side is stuck up now due to what i think is a dead motor

Old 07-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Hey there. I had a similar problem. My window would roll up, but its was jumpy when rolling down, or it would not roll down at all.
I cleaned up the motor, and put it back together. Seemed to be good, within one day the problem returned.
I took it apart a couple of days later, did another clean on the motor, then noticed the lubricant for the front trackbwas sticky. Used some brake cleaner to clean off the old lube, put some fresh grease and bobs your uncle! Works great going up and down now.
Thought I would share incase someone else can benefit. Also making sure cleaning where the armature seats into is cleaned is key as well. Good luck and thanks for the diy!!!