G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else have parking lot paranoia?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pacman27
Guys chill out, life is too short to worry about door dings.
Negative.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Life sucks with a chipped up paint job

Old 09-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I have a dime size chip on my driver door handle and a spot on my rear bumper from nice people who are slightly inconsiderate of the fact I parked as most of u. far away passenger side close the. curb. bug I also had someone engrave their name into my headlight bc it was parked far away. so to crazy people who have no respect for anyone - stay home!

Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Chill out? If people werent such careless ****** we wouldnt have threads like this.... I dont enjoy paying $1000s of dollars for something and having some lazy POS wreck it cuz they dont care enuf to take care of their own sh*t

I walk around my car before I leave everywhere, I ever find a fresh door ding, my size 13 shoe is going right into their door multiple times and returning the favor

Old 09-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I think you're overreacting a bit.... the parking lot is pretty small and you parked in one of the most up-front parking spots. Obviously people are going to park next to you if you do that.

If you don't want people to casually park next to you, I suggest parking at one of the farther away spots... that way the only people you will have parking next to you are the ones who legitimately park next to you to be ******, or other car enthusiasts who don't want their vehicles damaged as well.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

That **** annoys the hell out of me.. I've got like 5 small ones all around cause of d-bags that don't watch what they do. I'll try to park far from other cars or between two nicer cars if I have to, but then somehow something always happens..

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Chill out? If people werent such careless ****** we wouldnt have threads like this.... I dont enjoy paying $1000s of dollars for something and having some lazy POS wreck it cuz they dont care enuf to take care of their own sh*t

I walk around my car before I leave everywhere, I ever find a fresh door ding, my size 13 shoe is going right into their door multiple times and returning the favor

LMAO.. I did that just a few weeks ago.. this one guy in a POS 1998 Honda Civic made a ding on my door while I was in the parking lot at this mall. It was pretty noticable, but holy **** I was pissed. Let out a fat kick into their door. Left this nice huge dent hah.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
The last time I parked "far away" was at a college. And my car got broken into. But this was the Integra.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it depends on where i am. if i am at a nice place where every other car in the lot is a beamer or benz, i feel fine parking around them. however when i am at a more plebeian area i freak the **** out because i know how the people in my area can be...i park as far away as possible and will periodically turn around when walking away from my car to make sure no one is eyeing it or something ;P

Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
I always park far away. As much as possible. Even more so at the college lot. Last week some one still managed to hit my bumper and just left.....

Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
^ Not sure why but the G35 bumpers are prone to getting hit.. I guess its the way it is shaped, that people don't know that they're about to hit it.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 AM
haha you guys should see the parking spaces at my school (university of florida). you can hardly fit a damn golf cart in spot. and the dumb school sells more parking decals than there are parking spaces &*!^#&*@!. anyhow, I just started driving to school this semester and 1 week in, big ole door ding on my passenger side door !!! for the OP, dunno if this would ease your mind at all, but a guy at my work drives a new TL and after he parks, he pulls out his cellphone and snaps a pic of the license plates of the car(s) parked on each side of him...not sure how helpful that is in the event that something happens...but maybe?

Old 09-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
If you park in an empty parking lot people are naturally going to park next to you. People are social creatures and will gravitate towards each other. If you put 30 strangers in a room they will slowly move towards each other and form groups or clicks. This mentality carries over even to the way we behave when in an open environment in a random parking lot. There is not really anything you can do to avoid having people park next to you unless you carry traffic cones in your trunk and place them all around your car, but then you run the risk of having people stealing your cones.

Solution...just get a trunk monkey.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I am not as paranoid as before. I saw my first door ding... which REALLY stands out on our cars... and I felt the veins in my forehead coming out.. and almost broke my own teeth from biting down so hard and.... my nose almost started bleeding..

I took a breath and realized there is only so much I can do.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Thumbs up

Awesome! Haven't seen the trunk monkey in years..thanks..Fish

Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Uh no. Not when I'm paying for the car with my hard earned money.

I use to try and get the best parking spot possible then a few months back I came out to my car and there was a huge ding on my car from a truck/suv. I now make it a point to park in the back of the lots where my car is alone. I don't mind the extra walk as long as it keeps other cars from parking next to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have parking lot paranoia?