G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Decisions Decisions (35 or 37) ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
g37 ftmfw... those g37 pics are sick...

Last edited by av8or; 10-06-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
If you could find the G37 you want and can afford it. Go for it!! If not, a G35 isn't so bad. Sure it rattles alot and has various random issues but those are minor things. The G37 has an awesome interior but the G35 has an awesome exterior. Driving the G37 is alot softer and smoother than a G35... It's what I noticed.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
If you're talking about me. Quote the post where I stated about how fast my evo is. Go ahead, look for it. That's what I thought. You douche.

Riced out honda civics? Do you have something against evo owners or what? Four doors? Seriously? Why don't you tell that to all the sedans driven on the street.

As for buying a motorcycle. My friend let me take his R6 around. It was a pain in the ***, I had to lift the cover on the helmet because where I live, its always foggy. I was wearing contacts and it was LOL because I can't rub my eyes. You don't have to tell me to hop on a motorcycle so I understand "fast". I wouldn't ride one here with all the mist/fog. Maybe if I move down to LA.
Yet another name-calling internet tough guy. Yawn.

Sedans are not known for style. They're known for hauling babies around in the backseat. They have a purpose in life. That purpose is not great style - it's more utilitarian. Getting groceries. Taking the dog to the vet. Cheaper insurance rates. Blending in with the masses who drive uninspiring vehicles.

The EVO is a particularly odd animal. It looks like a car a fifty year old empty-nester would drive around...except some models have this "look at me, I'm a sixteen year old who thinks I drive a fast car" wing on the back. Factory Rice.

I've nothing against EVO owners (except those who can't debate without resorting to juvenile name calling). They are welcome to enjoy their cars and think they're fast, just as G35/37 owners are welcome to the same. I'm just not a fan of four door sedans. I suspect the same can be said for most G coupe owners - otherwise we'd have bought the sedan version.

Sorry you took my post personally. The point I was trying to make is that it's pretty much pointless to debate which car is faster, because the answer is - none of them.

You can have the final word if you wish. I am genuinely happy you enjoy your EVO. It certainly has the ability to be quicker than the G.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by ConradoR
So funny how all we can do to make ourselves feel better is to say the g37 lines are feminine. The cars posted to show how the lines aren't feminine have hundreds of dollars in exterior body mods to make them look more aggressive.

I feel like it is common knowledge that g35s will be the next civic.
fixed.

the g35 is much less aggressive stock than the 37. look at the pics i posted earlier. a girl acutally asked "why are do driving a girl's car" when i had my g35 (swear on my soul). the g37 gets plenty of love, and from me much more than my 35.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by pacman27
I have to question the manhood of any guy who thinks the stock G37 coupe looks good. It's lines are way too feminine and soft, it was definitely designed to appeal to women if you ask me. I'm waiting to see what the next gen G coupe looks like because I could never see myself buying a G37 coupe regardless of how great the motor is.
:FU SMILEY:......I think they look alright.
Originally Posted by ConradoR
So funny how angry g37 owners get when they're told g37 lines are feminine.
LOL

Last edited by herrschaft; 10-06-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by Irrelevant
Yet another name-calling internet tough guy. Yawn.

Sedans are not known for style. They're known for hauling babies around in the backseat. They have a purpose in life. That purpose is not great style - it's more utilitarian. Getting groceries. Taking the dog to the vet. Cheaper insurance rates. Blending in with the masses who drive uninspiring vehicles.

The EVO is a particularly odd animal. It looks like a car a fifty year old empty-nester would drive around...except some models have this "look at me, I'm a sixteen year old who thinks I drive a fast car" wing on the back. Factory Rice.

I've nothing against EVO owners (except those who can't debate without resorting to juvenile name calling). They are welcome to enjoy their cars and think they're fast, just as G35/37 owners are welcome to the same. I'm just not a fan of four door sedans. I suspect the same can be said for most G coupe owners - otherwise we'd have bought the sedan version.

Sorry you took my post personally. The point I was trying to make is that it's pretty much pointless to debate which car is faster, because the answer is - none of them.

You can have the final word if you wish. I am genuinely happy you enjoy your EVO. It certainly has the ability to be quicker than the G.
So all of those BMW/Mercedes/Audi sedans are not stylish? If i'm not mistaken, those cars scream style and status.

I'm not gonna bother even acknowledging the posts about four doors and evo owners. It's pretty clear you are indeed, a douche.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
Wow. That rear shot of the red G37 is sick.
But hideous in the front...

Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
I didn't buy my car because I thought it was fast (because it isn't), and I didn't buy it for the interior (never much cared for it), but I DID buy it because I like the way it looks (exterior).

Just get what you like, and importantly, can afford. The G35/37 isn't a sports car, nor is it overly luxurious. It's an entry model "sporty" car with a few nice features thrown in. You can buy all sorts of cheap/crappy cars now-a-day that have navigation, and backup cameras, blue-tooth, etc.. these are not really luxury features anymore. There was a time when having power windows was hot sh*t.. now? Or Air conditioning?

Don't get me wrong, I love my G, because it's looks appeal to me. But I could have bought a Honda civic with more features for the same money..

The g35 is an older car now, the g37 will be an old car pretty soon.. the g38, g39 .. whatever.. will replace it. You have to buy a car that YOU like, not what other people TELL YOU to like. On the other hand, if you can throw money out the door and get the newest model of every car that comes out, go for it. Because no matter what you buy, it will become an old car.

-

Since I'm ranting anyway.. Stock vs modified cars do play a role. If you can afford to put some time/effort/money into modding your car, it does make a difference. I don't believe newer or older matters so much here. If I saw an older civic nicely modded (maybe a nice drop, some nice rims), next to a brand new bone stock civic, I'd probably appreciate the older one more. This is true of any make of car though. Nicely modded (or modded at all) cars are a very small percentage of the cars on the road, to a lot of people a car is something that goes from point A to point B.. nothing more.

*cough* Anyway. Buy the car you want to see in your driveway for a while, give it some love, who cares what anyone else says.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tabris
I didn't buy my car because I thought it was fast (because it isn't), and I didn't buy it for the interior (never much cared for it), but I DID buy it because I like the way it looks (exterior).

Just get what you like, and importantly, can afford. The G35/37 isn't a sports car, nor is it overly luxurious. It's an entry model "sporty" car with a few nice features thrown in. You can buy all sorts of cheap/crappy cars now-a-day that have navigation, and backup cameras, blue-tooth, etc.. these are not really luxury features anymore. There was a time when having power windows was hot sh*t.. now? Or Air conditioning?

Don't get me wrong, I love my G, because it's looks appeal to me. But I could have bought a Honda civic with more features for the same money..

The g35 is an older car now, the g37 will be an old car pretty soon.. the g38, g39 .. whatever.. will replace it. You have to buy a car that YOU like, not what other people TELL YOU to like. On the other hand, if you can throw money out the door and get the newest model of every car that comes out, go for it. Because no matter what you buy, it will become an old car.

-

Since I'm ranting anyway.. Stock vs modified cars do play a role. If you can afford to put some time/effort/money into modding your car, it does make a difference. I don't believe newer or older matters so much here. If I saw an older civic nicely modded (maybe a nice drop, some nice rims), next to a brand new bone stock civic, I'd probably appreciate the older one more. This is true of any make of car though. Nicely modded (or modded at all) cars are a very small percentage of the cars on the road, to a lot of people a car is something that goes from point A to point B.. nothing more.

*cough* Anyway. Buy the car you want to see in your driveway for a while, give it some love, who cares what anyone else says.
Love this post... the car i fell in love with was the 35. I know its older, but like my Hondas, if some lady didnt total my 95 Prelude VTEC, id probably still be driving it lol. I just loved that body style ! Ive always wanted a G, so if i can find a decently priced low mileage 35, ill jump on it. The 37s are still too pricey for me right now. Maybe ill get the 35 and wait to see what Infiniti drops after the 37

Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Found a black 08 G37 sport...

18,500 miles on it for $27,900

I think i might go test drive it in a bit... sound like a good deal ?? This has been the cheapest I've found without a sh*t ton of miles on it

Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes, that sounds good. Check it out.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by MiddleFingaz
Love this post... the car i fell in love with was the 35. I know its older, but like my Hondas, if some lady didnt total my 95 Prelude VTEC, id probably still be driving it lol. I just loved that body style ! Ive always wanted a G, so if i can find a decently priced low mileage 35, ill jump on it. The 37s are still too pricey for me right now. Maybe ill get the 35 and wait to see what Infiniti drops after the 37
Ah

My last car was a 2000 Prelude TypeSH, very fun car to drive. And I've always liked the previous generation (like your 95), they can look so hot with a few tasteful mods.

Good luck with your car hunting!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I like to see a girl with a 6mt and then I'll think about calling the g35 a girls car. I wish it was I couldn't talk my gf into buying a g35 or 37 and I offered to pay for half of the car. Instead she wanted an is250 which without a doubt is a girls car. 250 is slow, so slow I can't tell the difference between her old 4 banger jetta and it.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
^^ I personally have met 3 girls who drive manual G35s (one of which actually tracked it) and 4 girls who drive manual 350z. I have seen many many more guys drive automatics. So?

What the hell does that prove?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by pacman27
the 35 is fast enough and it looks way better than the 37
+1 love my g35

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Decisions Decisions (35 or 37) ?