G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tow truck screwed up my g35... I need help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tow truck screwed up my g35... I need help!!

So i needed my clutch replaced on my dads Infiniti G35, so i decided to use CAA (tow truck company)to tow his car to the shop that was doing the clutch install. The tow truck driver picked up the vehicle at 12:00 pm and he said it would take him 45 mins to get to my mechanic... my mechanic calls me at 3 stating that the vehicle hasnt arrived yet. We call the tow truck driver, he says hold on, I'll call you back. Get a call back 10 minutes later, saying rad cap blew off, coolant spilled all over, and that he saw steam. He was about 10 minutes away. How long was this idiot sitting there for? So I ended up showing up to the spot where hes sitting, sure enough, dumb **** ended up towing a Rear wheel drive car with the rear wheels on the ground.Not sure what damage is done, they ended up calling CAA with a flat bed to finish the towing. Flat bed tow truck driver confirmed you can't tow a rwd car with its rear wheels on the ground.
I talked to the first driver for a few minutes, and then dumb **** tow truck driver just ended up taking off without telling anyone hes leaving, because of course he knew he was in the wrong so the flat bed tow truck driver ended up finishing the rest of the tow. Caa said that they will be responsible for the engine and tranny problems but not the radiatior. Does anyone know why the radiator would blow during the tow? I suspect that the dumb *** probably left it in first gear and is trying to cover up his actions. Hope the tranny and engine is ok and that the bearings aren't ****ed.

Just wondering, anyone had to deal with anything similar to this?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Thats the worst. Had the same thing happen to my 96 300ZX. Trans is prob fuc*oed but your motor should be alright. As for the radiator. There is absolutely no reason the car should have blown it because it wouldnt have been running? I think?! Good luck man. Call the company and get a written statement if you can and whoever else was involved. GET IT ALL IN WRITING!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not sure if it would help but also consider calling the Better Business Bureau. They definitely ****ed up big time, best of luck getting all of this worked out.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
You better call them ASAP and tell them you want to speak to their insurance company. Don't let them tell you they'll have someone call you. Get the number and call them yourself.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I am going through with my insurance but the tow truck driver only takes responsibility for the engine and transmission..... im not a mechanic but my theory is that he probably left it in first gear and was towing the vehicle at 50 miles an hour and guaranteed the car would be redlineing at that speed and wouldnt it cause the pistons to move up and down causing the rad to heat up and eventually blow because the keys werent in the ignition which means that the fan couldnt kick in... im not sure if i make sense but i somehow need to prove to them that my rad was not ****ed prior to them picking it up even though the tow truck driver said that the reason he pulled over was because he heard a pop and saw steam... also would any kind of pressure be building up in he engine or water pump causing the rad to blow? any help would be greatly appreciatted

Old 10-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Don't go through your insurance if you weren't at fault. It will make your premium higher and let them off the hook.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Btw, the fan can kick on at any time.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 PM
the battery was dead on the vehicle tho also my insurance will pay for engine and tranny issues and will sue the tow truck company to recoup the costs thus causing my premiums to not go up

Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
That sucks. In for an answer, I didn't think the engine could get that hot if it wasn't running. But, abviously the problem is related to the way the car was towed.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Why weren't you there at the time the tow guy was setting up your car on his tow rig?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
i was but i didnt even think there was a problem with the way he was towing it.... im not familiar with engines and i also wasnt familiar with towing procedures until this happened

Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I don't see how this could happen. Perhaps it was towed while the car was in gear? ie.. 6mt?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:26 PM
thats what i mean... would the rad blow if he was towing it in gear at 50 miles an hour?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
You're not supposed to tow a car by it's drive wheels. If you do, you need to disconnect the driveshaft. There is absolutely no reason for him to have towed it with the rear wheels on the ground.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
yes he acknowledges that but he doesnt want to take responsibility for the rad.... how do i prove it that the rad blew as a result of the towing... i dont know why i have to prove it when the tow truck driver said that he pulled over because he heard a pop and saw steam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tow truck screwed up my g35... I need help!!