G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Weight of 19" forged OEMs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by g35sweetness; 10-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts

Old 10-22-2010, 02:32 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is not going to go well. How many .....'s are there in Infiniti?

Old 10-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Children...time to take a deep a breath and a quick nap

Old 10-22-2010, 03:25 PM

Last edited by g35sweetness; 10-22-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:25 PM

Last edited by g35sweetness; 10-22-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Last edited by g35sweetness; 10-22-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
inbeforetheedit

Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by N80
First off, I've been on this site for a few months.... there's no flood here. A pair of waders might come in handy but its not because of deep water....if you get my drift. Second, if there is any flooding its with the parrot-like repetition of people complaining about flooding. Third, so what if it gets flooded? It's almost like you duplicate post police get some type of ego boost from whining about it.

So here's an idea. If a question pops up that you've seen a thousand times and you are deeply concerned about wasted bandwidth and saving the planet, then ignore it. Or, if you don't have some sort of pathological superiority complex click on it and answer it....if you know the answer. How hard is that?

And here's the thing, if you pay attention and put your ego on hold, you will find out that with each question, no matter how often it is asked, there are new and different answers because there are new and different people here all the time. And a lot of the old answers are crap too.

Finally, why would I bother using Google when I got the answer here just as easily?
How about because the rules state don't ask questions without a thorough search first, and infractions are given for starting useless threads.

Ageee new information comes out all the time, but the weight of these rims hasn't changed from day one.

Swivel was trying to make a point without being a dick. I thought he did it quite nicely.

You use google or the search feature here to keep the old timers from having to answer the me questions over and over when the answers are already very easily available. It's called common courtesy.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by N80
Why? Why is that the point? Seriously. Have you thought about this? I've been a moderator on a much larger, brand based photography website. We decided long ago that it made no sense to make a post telling someone they should have done a search. Nothing is accomplished by this and there is no harm in duplicate questions.

First, you will never, ever stop people from posting questions without doing a search. So all you do by telling them they should have done it is waste additional bandwidth and keep a common question bumped to the top completely defeating your own purpose.

Second, one of the figures used to sell advertising is traffic. If I'd Googled and found this answer at a Toyota website, it diminishes traffic and therefore advertising value. And based on the data I see on this site, too much traffic is hardly an issue.

Third, common questions cause no problems. If you don't want to read them, move on. If this thread had ended with the question being answered it would have dropped off the page within a day or two.

Fourth, it is presumptuous to think that once a question has been answered by one person that no new aspects can be brought to the issue. Again, there are new users here all the time who can and do contribute new material to common questions. I've been able to help a number of folks regarding buying used Infinitis in my region in the common 'how to buy used' threads and since I own a coupe and a sedan I've helped folks with the ubiquitous 'sedan or coupe' question.

Fifth, when a question like this pops up again as a thread people get info even when the weren't looking for it. I found the recent 'tall driver' thread when I'd have never thought about the issue at all. It referenced a previous thread about how to lower the coupe seat a bit. It was valuable to me and that makes this site valuable to me. If that guy had done a search and never posted his thread, a good many people wouldn't have gotten that additional value from this site.

Sixth, if you're responding to noobs this way it just comes across as unfriendly. Even if your intentions are good, it comes across as being picky and snooty. If you know the answer or a good link, why waste time telling them to go look for it when with the same number of keystrokes you can help them out.

You see what I'm saying? There is simply no reason at all to chide people about doing a search. Let it go.

Peace.
It's easily stopped because it results in infractions, again, read the rules, and infractions will get you banned.

Problem solved.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This thing was ready to die you know. Six pages. Now its bumped again.

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Ageee new information comes out all the time, but the weight of these rims hasn't changed from day one.
Quite right. But when I went back and did a search, some of the data given in those older threads was incorrect.

You use google or the search feature here to keep the old timers from having to answer the me questions over and over when the answers are already very easily available.
Right. Someone said that. About six pages ago. It was also said, about six pages ago (by me), that the old timers can (or can they?) ignore noob posts if they wish. Helps prevent six pages of bickering.

It's called common courtesy.
Ah, good to know since that seems to be such a high priority around here.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by N80
This thing was ready to die you know. Six pages. Now its bumped again.

Quite right. But when I went back and did a search, some of the data given in those older threads was incorrect.

Right. Someone said that. About six pages ago. It was also said, about six pages ago (by me), that the old timers can (or can they?) ignore noob posts if they wish. Helps prevent six pages of bickering.

Ah, good to know since that seems to be such a high priority around here.

Wasn't crazy about your attitude or treatment of long time, very well respected, and endlessly helpful members. As such, I felt it appropriate to illustrate how the rules of this board contradict your opinion of how things should be. I don't care how many pages this has droned on.

You should take a minute and consider my advice, superior intellect and all. Read the rules, follow them, and enjoy your stay.

I see no reason this needs to go any further. It's up to you.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 10-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Old 10-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weight of 19" forged OEMs?