G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Weight of 19" forged OEMs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Weight of 19" forged OEMs?

I've got an 06 6MT coupe with the OEM forged 19" rims. To my taste they look great but I'm curious about how much they weigh and how that weight compares with other common 19's and stock 18's. I've had them off the car and they certainly don't feel light, but I have no idea what they actually weigh and don't plan on removing a tire to find out. Thanks to anyone who might have the answer.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
19 (f) and 20 (r) approx.

They don't feel light because the oem bridgestone RE050s are rock heavy.

You will have to replace them with another set of oem/aftermarket FORGED wheels to get anything as light or nearly as light.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
I copied and pasted the title of this new thread into Google and got the answer in the second hit, from ToyotaNation.com of all places. Just sayin'.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Red Card Crew

Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 PM
N80
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
I copied and pasted the title of this new thread into Google and got the answer in the second hit, from ToyotaNation.com of all places. Just sayin'.
That's great! What's your point?

Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by N80
That's great! What's your point?
that flooding the threads with questions that can easily be answered by searching is wrong n a crime n is punishable by castration.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:07 PM
N80
Originally Posted by SkylineGTR2789
that flooding the threads with questions that can easily be answered by searching is wrong n a crime n is punishable by castration.
First off, I've been on this site for a few months.... there's no flood here. A pair of waders might come in handy but its not because of deep water....if you get my drift. Second, if there is any flooding its with the parrot-like repetition of people complaining about flooding. Third, so what if it gets flooded? It's almost like you duplicate post police get some type of ego boost from whining about it.

So here's an idea. If a question pops up that you've seen a thousand times and you are deeply concerned about wasted bandwidth and saving the planet, then ignore it. Or, if you don't have some sort of pathological superiority complex click on it and answer it....if you know the answer. How hard is that?

And here's the thing, if you pay attention and put your ego on hold, you will find out that with each question, no matter how often it is asked, there are new and different answers because there are new and different people here all the time. And a lot of the old answers are crap too.

Finally, why would I bother using Google when I got the answer here just as easily?

Last edited by N80; 10-18-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ LOL no need to get hostile my fellows G drivers. we all drive nice luxury coupes. now go DO WORK!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 AM
N80
Good point Rob.

I did a little more research and it looks like getting lighter wheels is possible but to get much below these in weight gets pretty pricey. To get forged ones is way more pricey.

So, I'm pleased to find that these are pretty light and I still think they are nice looking. I'm not wild about the finish but don't think I'd spend money to change that.

I got the 6MT entirely because I wanted a manual. I have been pleasantly surprised to find out how many 'sport' features were stock on the 6MT. My car is high mileage and has lots of little aggravations about it but on the whole I'm really starting to like it.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by N80
First off, I've been on this site for a few months.... there's no flood here. A pair of waders might come in handy but its not because of deep water....if you get my drift. Second, if there is any flooding its with the parrot-like repetition of people complaining about flooding. Third, so what if it gets flooded? It's almost like you duplicate post police get some type of ego boost from whining about it.

So here's an idea. If a question pops up that you've seen a thousand times and you are deeply concerned about wasted bandwidth and saving the planet, then ignore it. Or, if you don't have some sort of pathological superiority complex click on it and answer it....if you know the answer. How hard is that?

And here's the thing, if you pay attention and put your ego on hold, you will find out that with each question, no matter how often it is asked, there are new and different answers because there are new and different people here all the time. And a lot of the old answers are crap too.

Finally, why would I bother using Google when I got the answer here just as easily?
If you had put 2% of the effort looking for the answer that you spent to write this arrogant post telling us how we should spoon-feed the n00b (tell me again who has ego issues here?), you could have gotten the answer yourself. I think you just guaranteed that future help will not be so forthcoming.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:48 AM
N80
Right. That makes perfect sense. I post a question. I get a quick, polite and accurate answer. THEN you pop in to tell me how I should have done it so as not to waste time. And now you're spending even more time beating a dead horse and in the same breath lecturing me on research efficiency! Don't that beat all? And if you're indicating that you're not going to be helpful anymore, well, I'm not sure you could have been any LESS helpful at this point. So that sounds like an idle threat.

Remember, all you had to do was ignore this post and it would have been short, relevant, pleasant and accurate. Taking this thread in this direction was solely your responsibility.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SwivelHips has been very helpful to me and others. He was just pointing out that you could have found the answer out yourself much quicker using google... hence Jeff92se's lmgtfy link http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Weight+of+19%22+forged+OEMs%3F+ which produced the answer (top link) in 0.2 seconds.

The point is... search before you post. This forum has been around for quite some time and is a valuable resource. Google is your friend too.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Well my friend, I hope you don't have too many questions in the future because I doubt Swivel (that's always been happy to help) is really going to go to any great lengths. And for the record, I know Swivel.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:19 PM
N80
Originally Posted by grocerylist
The point is... search before you post.
Why? Why is that the point? Seriously. Have you thought about this? I've been a moderator on a much larger, brand based photography website. We decided long ago that it made no sense to make a post telling someone they should have done a search. Nothing is accomplished by this and there is no harm in duplicate questions.

First, you will never, ever stop people from posting questions without doing a search. So all you do by telling them they should have done it is waste additional bandwidth and keep a common question bumped to the top completely defeating your own purpose.

Second, one of the figures used to sell advertising is traffic. If I'd Googled and found this answer at a Toyota website, it diminishes traffic and therefore advertising value. And based on the data I see on this site, too much traffic is hardly an issue.

Third, common questions cause no problems. If you don't want to read them, move on. If this thread had ended with the question being answered it would have dropped off the page within a day or two.

Fourth, it is presumptuous to think that once a question has been answered by one person that no new aspects can be brought to the issue. Again, there are new users here all the time who can and do contribute new material to common questions. I've been able to help a number of folks regarding buying used Infinitis in my region in the common 'how to buy used' threads and since I own a coupe and a sedan I've helped folks with the ubiquitous 'sedan or coupe' question.

Fifth, when a question like this pops up again as a thread people get info even when the weren't looking for it. I found the recent 'tall driver' thread when I'd have never thought about the issue at all. It referenced a previous thread about how to lower the coupe seat a bit. It was valuable to me and that makes this site valuable to me. If that guy had done a search and never posted his thread, a good many people wouldn't have gotten that additional value from this site.

Sixth, if you're responding to noobs this way it just comes across as unfriendly. Even if your intentions are good, it comes across as being picky and snooty. If you know the answer or a good link, why waste time telling them to go look for it when with the same number of keystrokes you can help them out.

You see what I'm saying? There is simply no reason at all to chide people about doing a search. Let it go.

Peace.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:24 PM
N80
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Well my friend, I hope you don't have too many questions in the future because I doubt Swivel (that's always been happy to help) is really going to go to any great lengths. And for the record, I know Swivel.
Jeff, you know, you did the right thing. Nice helpful reply. And I'm grateful. Glad you know Swivel, he's probably a nicer guy than he came across as in this thread.

Just take a moment and read the post above. It might make sense and it might not.

And the truth is, if you guys decide not to answer my questions or any other new member because we ask common questions and question the 'do a search' mentality then go for it. It just hurts this site. If people can't get friendly advice they'll go somewhere else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weight of 19" forged OEMs?