G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Something I notice (feel) being a new G owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by danielj
I like the G better then the Z for looks, and the Z better then the G for perfomance.

All and all performance is so rediculously close that I like the G better.
+1 and the backseat.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by walshtj
+1 and the backseat.
I looked at 350z's this past spring before buying my G. I liked them, but the lack of a backseat was killer. Even though I don't have anyone sit back there ever I like it for putting down anything I buy or for carrying a bag or whatever. That little extra space was apparently a big deal for me.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
^ same way i thought too

Old 11-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I just bought my G35 Coupe this past July. Sometimes I wave at another G but I get a blank face. All 350z owners wave back though.

I looked at the 350z before buying and I ended up going with the G. Kinda regret it so I'll be selling the G soon and I'll buy a 350z HR....haha!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Its always bothered me that there is no brotherhood with the g. My mom always had wranglers from when I was 5 years old so we always have been part of the "wave trend" From when I was 16 and driving the jeep I always liked driving it because of the wave. With the g there are so many people who see it as just a car and have no real enthusiasm for it so they never wave back. Its gotten to the point where I only wave or head nod the ones that are modded. I only wave at sedans that are modded because the ones that arent modded usually dont care. Some wave back, most dont. I wave at coupes sedans and yes even z's. The people without overinflated egos of "my car is better than yours" usually wave back.
\

Oh and for the person who said jeeps are nothing but trouble... we have never had any serious issues with any of ours. Now they have all been 5-speed models and thats because we know the automatic transmission chrysler has been using aren't all that reliable but everything else is great. We wheel them occasionally too. Our 99 is our oldest one and its in need of some cosmetic work (new top, seats, and fender flares would be nice) but it drives perfect... always has.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll admit, I do notice other G's around town. I live in a small city which is near a big city and when I'm in the small city I rarely see a G coupe. There are a good many more Z's around.

In what ways is a G better than a Z. Well, for me, the primary reason is I don't fit in a Z. I'm 6'4"....maybe 6'5". I barely fit in the G. And when I was looking for a sports car, I could have purchased any number of Z's for what I paid for my G. But the G won hands down for looks (personal preference...the 370 is pretty close though), room/convenience...I have a real trunk and a reasonable facsimile of a back seat...and from what I've read, pretty close to a 350 in performance...equal in some articles.

The final thing is the interior. The interior of my 06 G is cheap and a bit cheesy. The interior of the 350 Z is a joke. It looks like a 15 year old's idea of what a space ship car interior should look like.

Where I live, if you drive a pick up, you wave at your neighbor in his pickup...but that's more of a southern, rural, friendly kind of thing. I think I'll start waving at other G coupe drivers....but there just aren't many of them out there.....and that is THE main reason I like my G.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
N80
As for Jeeps, I owned a 76 Jeep Cherokee (the big original Cherokee). I drove it for a long time and I loved it because it was big, and cool and relatively tough but OMG that thing was a piece of junk. None of the windows worked. Radio didn't work. Went through water pumps and u-joints like candy. Head liner fell out. Glove box was made of card board. Alternator and solenoids constantly failed. Left me stranded more times than I can count.

I traded it for a Nissan 4x4 King Cab in 84. It was indestructible and utterly reliable. I vowed I'd never own a Jeep or American made vehicle. Broke that vow in 03 with a Ford F150. Good truck. Boring but good. But I will never own a Jeep.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish we had a "wave"...
The only acknowledgement I've received from another G was a blink of the lights, which I happily returned!

Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
We should create a g wave!!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:01 AM
N80
Peace sign.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Yeah it's typically the peace sign amongst G drivers.

I rarely ever see modded G's around me, and when I do, they usually try to compete with me somehow and end up just speeding past me . Same goes with Z's.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
I've always been partial the 45 degree in the air Shooter McGavin, sideways, so your thumb and index finger make a check or nike swoosh...I know its complicated to describe, but its surprisingly easy to do, and I get the rocker, peace, and thumbs up back...

Never enough Gs around me.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most of the jerks in my town that jumped on the board w/ g coupes think theyre something special so they turn theirs noses up. originally there were just 5 of us. 3 IP’s my DG and one BS. we had ours for a year or better and we all waved now a handful of others have em and think theyre “rich” or smt. i dunno. i cant stand people like that bc its not like comparing a Civic to Ferrari lol but regardless everyones doing their best! - DONT BE A JERK!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Middle age Moms usually drive the sedans. I ignore them.

I had one coupe flash me his lights. That's it.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I think there is one simple answer as to why there is no community with the Gs, 70% of the owners are snoody folk who drive it just because Infiniti is a luxury brand. Meanwhile, there is another 30% who drive them because they like the car for the car, and the engineering behind it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Something I notice (feel) being a new G owner