G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Something I notice (feel) being a new G owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by meister23
Many Z, G owners are old people that are not on the boards either so if you wave they have no clue why you are waving and give you this weird look like do I know you, I wave if the g or z has any mod, no front plate, shaved emblems, I look for the simplest thing hahaha then I know they care about their car.
I have thought about modding the looks but really besides high end rims(and tint), which i won't buy until i'm paid off in about a year, I like the stock look.

no wonder no1 waves at me ....

Old 11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the difference is that the g35 has a back seat and the looks are far better....
the only thing i like about the 350z is that it has better packages from factory....i love those peanut butter leathers some of them come in....

Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedrog35
....i love those peanut butter leathers some of them come in....
eww..

Old 11-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by swivelhips
they won't wave back anyway.
lol +1

Old 11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Normal sentiment? I don't know.

But, uh, BREEZERBOAT, you can call me crazy or just plain ole frickin stupid (Hey! All of you's shut up I'm talkin to BB ).........but believe it or not, you are driving nothing more than a glorified, dressed up, gussied up, 2+2 Nissan Z Car. I aint never lied.

That's right, and the G35/37s are also commonly referred to as a Z car for people with lives, albeit a dressed up thug of street car, nonetheless.

Not to mention, the G-Sedan is nothing more than a 4-door Z.

Car & Driver editors have referred to 350s/370s as a Japanese Corvette of sorts, which essentially means you can only get but so much refinement.

Want that? Get a 3-series; I still plan on it. An M3 for my money.

All in all, though, I would say a brilliant strategy born about 10 years ago by CEO Carlos Ghosn.

Anyone not believe me? Well, precisely where is the 2+2 that I was looking for - and woulda been perfectly happy with - prior to getting my 2006 coupe?

I'll answer that. Over in Japan being sold as SKYLINE 350GT.

TRANSLATION: I show love - peace signs or thumbs up - to all Zs and Gs when I see them as I cruise the suburbs of Havana, Cuba.............err, the streets of South Florida.

And they always return the love. They know what's up.!! We are nothing more and nothing less than fraternal, "non-indentical" twins.

Some of you cats still not believin? Sit your butt in a 370Z and look around the cockpit. Low rent 350Z materials? History.

Think about it. Minus the Nissan badges, Infiniti grade materials, period. Interiors the same; wheelbase & outer shells, different.

In fact, the 2003-2004 G interiors - although just fine to me, a regular Joe, kinda looked like sh.........shall I say, "poop".

Even the early FX 35/45 interiors might make you barf.

Last, but not least, I leave you fine folks with quote from a Santa Monica 350Z owner - one of many surveyed by Road & Track - that easily translates us every DAY we approach our glorified Zs:

"My, what a beautiful car you are. I love you."

Need I say more? Not today!!

Time to bounce. He gone!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by sTeadFasT96
I wish there was a G wave around here. It seems like all the people who are driving a G35 in my area don't seem anywhere remotely being an enthusiast.

Looks like they just bought an entry level luxury car just because it's nice.
It is hit or miss in my area. Sht load of old fckers that drive G's... and then around the corner there are a good handful of UCSB students that drive G's...

Kind of funny but if I see "clear corners" I will usually wave or give them a solid NOD.

I once waved at what I thought was an enthusiast... and it was some old dude with the huge terminator cataract sunglasses..

"Keep your eyes on the road, Stanley."

"Martha, I am almost positive that dark fellow just threw a gang sign at me!"

Old 11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Bozo954
Normal sentiment? I don't know.

But, uh, BREEZERBOAT, you can call me crazy or just plain ole frickin stupid (Hey! All of you's shut up I'm talkin to BB ).........but believe it or not, you are driving nothing more than a glorified, dressed up, gussied up, 2+2 Nissan Z Car. I aint never lied.

That's right, and the G35/37s are also commonly referred to as a Z car for people with lives, albeit a dressed up thug of street car, nonetheless.

Not to mention, the G-Sedan is nothing more than a 4-door Z.

Car & Driver editors have referred to 350s/370s as a Japanese Corvette of sorts, which essentially means you can only get but so much refinement.

Want that? Get a 3-series; I still plan on it. An M3 for my money.

All in all, though, I would say a brilliant strategy born about 10 years ago by CEO Carlos Ghosn.

Anyone not believe me? Well, precisely where is the 2+2 that I was looking for - and woulda been perfectly happy with - prior to getting my 2006 coupe?

I'll answer that. Over in Japan being sold as SKYLINE 350GT.

TRANSLATION: I show love - peace signs or thumbs up - to all Zs and Gs when I see them as I cruise the suburbs of Havana, Cuba.............err, the streets of South Florida.

And they always return the love. They know what's up.!! We are nothing more and nothing less than fraternal, "non-indentical" twins.

Some of you cats still not believin? Sit your butt in a 370Z and look around the cockpit. Low rent 350Z materials? History.

Think about it. Minus the Nissan badges, Infiniti grade materials, period. Interiors the same; wheelbase & outer shells, different.

In fact, the 2003-2004 G interiors - although just fine to me, a regular Joe, kinda looked like sh.........shall I say, "poop".

Even the early FX 35/45 interiors might make you barf.

Last, but not least, I leave you fine folks with quote from a Santa Monica 350Z owner - one of many surveyed by Road & Track - that easily translates us every DAY we approach our glorified Zs:

"My, what a beautiful car you are. I love you."

Need I say more? Not today!!

Time to bounce. He gone!

We all know that the G is essentially the luxury version of the Z, but with more seats. Never heard of anyone refer to the g35/37 as a Z though. As well as calling the sedan a 4 door Z....

Old 11-09-2010, 02:34 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
First of all, I do not think an analogy with the Corvette is appropriate. For one thing, the Z (and the G) handle well, which the Corvette traditionally did not, although I understand from Top Gear et al that things have really improved with the Vette. But I wouldn't know, since I'm not a 65 year old woman, who are the only people who drive Corvettes from what I've seen.

Second, I think the Z (350 and 370) are simply brilliant cars. Not because they are the best at everything (they are not) and not because they are the most prestigious cars around (they are not) but because they perform as well, if not better than so many performance cars that cost sooooo much more than they do. To me, that's just cake + icing.

Third, I think the Zs and the Gs are gorgeous, especially the G. It has classic lines (think old Jag, Austin-Healy, Supermarine Spitfire, etc) and looks sporty without looking like it is trying too hard to impress anybody. I personally have never seen a Porsche that I liked the looks of and I can't afford a Ferrari.

The G loses a little bit on price break because of the things that attract most of us which is a trunk and vestigial back seat. But that's going to cost you no matter who makes a car.

The bang-for-buck things goes a long way with me. And if I can get a car that performs above its price point, looks stunning AND has a back seat then I'm in heaven. I think a moderately used G35 6MT coupe is one of the best deals there is.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
^they aren't a Z but share so many similarities/parts you could definitively say they're brothers.

I'm 100% convinced the 370 is the most luxuries sports car for the price range. Nicer then a vett's interior also which costs a good 10-15k more.

I don't mind sharing blood with the Z. It has a very rich heritage.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Thank you, SILENCER O.........you - unwittingly, I suspect - made my point for me. Brilliant.

You see, in the exact same way that the G is "is essentially the luxury version of the Z, but with more seats.", the 4-door is essentially the luxury version of the Z, but with four doors. Your words.

Get it? You should.

Which would make us both "mad men".

So, other than the slightly softer sedan suspension - and the body shell with four doors, of course - what would be the TRUE mechanical differences? Emphasis on "true", as I'm thinking you're Nissan-Infiniti engineer of some sort.

I'll even give you an intellectual assist.

You can begin with the exact same (notice the trend?) 112.2" FM platform utilized for both coupe and sedan.

Then move on to explaining the identical suspension components.

And must you use "Killa" Cameron Giles to describe me as a psycho nutcase?

The same Cam'ron who preferred to get cap busted in his culo, rather than give up a Lambo (that can be replaced, I should add)?

Not mention, I live in Florida where the hoodrats know It aint so much when the rabbit's got the gun.

Now, school me, 'fore I have to start talking about your mother. Oh! My bad! (Oh God, I'm gonna get banned! )

Old 11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Dude relax, Im actually agreeing with you that G's and Z's are basically the same. When I said "as well as calling the sedan a 4 door Z", I meant it as in I've never personally heard anyone call or refer to the G sedan as a 4-door Z. Must be a Florida thing? Over here, we call the G a "G", the Z a "Z", and a G sedan a "G sedan".

I have no idea who the guy in the pic is, nor do I care. I could have easily just typed "You Mad?", but a picture is funnier. And you won't get banned unless you're some sort of troll.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Nuff said, N80.........I'm always thinking we've got, arguably, the best value for the money.

And that was before same Car & Driver rated the 370Z possibly the best sports car on the planet - dollar for dollar. Possibly?

Anyway, if I ever lose my M3 obession, a Porsche Cayman - new or certified pre owned - is the only vehicle that keeps me away from a 370Z. Much improved over the 350, which was cool begin with.

I mean, nothing with leaf springs could possibly be in our league.

What's next, a live axle'd Japanese Mustang analogy?

I don't think so.

The original 240Z was a game-changer.

Seeeyah!!

Old 11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
And you won't get banned unless you're some sort of troll.
I thought you could get banned for saying "cap busted", which, for you young folks, was slang for getting shot.......back in 1985.

Just kidding Bozo, couldn't resist.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
lol i honestly feel the same exact way. especially the first day i got my G i was next to a Z on the highway for a while

Old 11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
when i see other Gs I usually give them a thumbs up especially if its a nice G....a Thumbs up should be our "wave"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Something I notice (feel) being a new G owner