G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Something I notice (feel) being a new G owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the reason i like Gs better then Zs is defiantly because of looks. Gs look wayyyyy better IMO..the Z looks plastic to me..like a toy

Old 11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by N80
First of all, I do not think an analogy with the Corvette is appropriate. For one thing, the Z (and the G) handle well, which the Corvette traditionally did not, although I understand from Top Gear et al that things have really improved with the Vette. But I wouldn't know, since I'm not a 65 year old woman, who are the only people who drive Corvettes from what I've seen.

Second, I think the Z (350 and 370) are simply brilliant cars. Not because they are the best at everything (they are not) and not because they are the most prestigious cars around (they are not) but because they perform as well, if not better than so many performance cars that cost sooooo much more than they do. To me, that's just cake + icing.

Third, I think the Zs and the Gs are gorgeous, especially the G. It has classic lines (think old Jag, Austin-Healy, Supermarine Spitfire, etc) and looks sporty without looking like it is trying too hard to impress anybody. I personally have never seen a Porsche that I liked the looks of and I can't afford a Ferrari.

The G loses a little bit on price break because of the things that attract most of us which is a trunk and vestigial back seat. But that's going to cost you no matter who makes a car.

The bang-for-buck things goes a long way with me. And if I can get a car that performs above its price point, looks stunning AND has a back seat then I'm in heaven. I think a moderately used G35 6MT coupe is one of the best deals there is.
Well said. Even the M3 isn't that great of a comparison. It's almost double the price new as a G. Regular 3 series? Yes. But the G35 Coupe stomps all over the 330ci all the way around. The BMW maybe has better interior materials, but the layout sucks, IMO. Who wants window controls in the center console?

Old 11-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by SmokingSkull
Well said. Even the M3 isn't that great of a comparison. It's almost double the price new as a G. Regular 3 series? Yes. But the G35 Coupe stomps all over the 330ci all the way around. The BMW maybe has better interior materials, but the layout sucks, IMO. Who wants window controls in the center console?
I have an 03 g coupe and an 05 BMW 330CI, both are coupes but in comparison the BMW handles like a dream in many ways better than the G. The G obviously will out run the BMW in a heartbeat. Both cars are different in their own way, Japanese sports car compared to a European sports sedan/coupe. BMW does not have a good car to compare to the G coupe in its price range. The layout is different but when you drive one you adapt to were it is. when you drive both you get lost and start pushing random things.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by N80
I wonder what old is? I suspect most of you here would consider me old. I've got some gray hair. Got kids who are driving now. And I sure didn't have enough money for a luxury car or a sports car when I was 25. So I guess I'm old but I am on the boards. So as soon as we settle on the secret wave at least I'll know it.
Old is not your age, my dad is 61 and is not old. Drives like a younger person spirited and enjoys driving. Old is someone that drives slow under the speed limit you know what im saying.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I give love to the whole nissan family! I pulled up next to a 300zx today and gave him a thumbs up as we were checking out each other's cars and he gave me a nod with a big grin.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty funny, N80 - for real!!........but that's peculiar; 1985 just happened to be the year IIIIIIIIIIII got a cap busted in MY, err, butt.

So, for starters, precisely what city were you living in during the year 1985, Senor N80?

Any history of gang banging in your past? Hmmm?

'Cause I still aint found that mother........shutchyomouth. And you know a little too much.

(Oh no, not back to 1970s lingo. I've clearly been watching too many Jeffersons re-runs on the Hallmark channel. Or was that Sanford & Son? Whatever. Way 'fore my day.)

Speaking of which, don't pay much attention to that little exchange with Silencer. I can debate from the podium using factual data just as comfortably as from the gutter. Kid on, brother.

You see, a young gordito of fat boy - that's redundant, I learned how take it before I learned how to dish it out. I just have this thing about the "shoe on other foot test".

And I'd like to think neither of us took offense, so I look forward to "relaxing" in to more G-family dialogues with him, as he suggested I do.

Actually I thought I was pretty relaxed already, still, I'll try to play nice........and not get too ghetto.

Rock on dude.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 AM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bozo954
Pretty funny, N80 - for real!!........but that's peculiar; 1985 just happened to be the year IIIIIIIIIIII got a cap busted in MY, err, butt.

So, for starters, precisely what city were you living in during the year 1985, Senor N80?
Couldn't have been me.....one shot, one kill.....no one walks away.

Senor N80
Indeed, anciano senor. I probably bring the average age....and average IQ .....of G35 coupe drivers up by 10.

'Cause I still aint found that mother........shutchyomouth. And you know a little too much.

(Oh no, not back to 1970s lingo. I've clearly been watching too many Jeffersons re-runs on the Hallmark channel.
1971 to be exact:

They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft.
THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh okay, N80. I’m witcha.

Most gangbangers – except the military trained ones, for the most part – can’t shoot fer sh……….there I go again.

Anyway, from the respectable un anciano (you) to un stinky-mouth viejo (me), I like your marksmanship principles. Yes, full disclosure - I do have a daughter that’s driving age.

And as we sit on the eve of Veterans day, could he be a military man? Special operator maybe?

Probably aggressive and decisive on the trigger – I suspect – and not into wasting precious rounds. A smart and dangerous man whom I thank for not training his front sights on me, not that I’m into anything but self-defense.

Wait. This ain’t no NRA message board. My bad!

And like me, also a southerner, although possibly also a transplant.

TRANSLATION: NY was great place to grow up & visit – think an “Everybody Hates Chris” Brooklyn brownstone, but nowadays, you wouldn’t wanna live there. Too many liberal laws infringing on my freedom, but I digress.

However, I’m intrigued……..you up the average age & IQ by 10? Hell, I might be contributing too.

Hmm. Could he be an old a— 40-something like BREEZERBOAT? (Thought I missed that, ay BB?)

Or are a really cool 50-something like my boy Ron who drives an F150 Lightning – AND rocks a ponytail?

Whatever; don't matter. That red G is ageless and pretty cool; never thought I’d buy red, but the more I see ‘em the more I like ‘em.

Yeah I was checkin' out that N80 garage. Had me goin' on that Lambo. ( What the....? Lambo makes those, too? I never knew; and I lived in Italia for 4 years.)

Okaaaaay, I'm a little slow today. Geez. Was up late watching Sons of Anarchy and I'm droning out periodically. I need some cafe' cubano.

Lastly, don’t get me started on that 70s stuff (l know, I started it). We’ll be talking about Starsky & Hutch before long.

Later days, dude.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:04 AM
N80
Originally Posted by Bozo954
And as we sit on the eve of Veterans day, could he be a military man?
Yes. Ex-military

Special operator maybe?
Nope. United States chAir Force. Just boring stuff. Carried a gun...once.

Probably aggressive and decisive on the trigger –
Only when hunting deer. Which I hardly do anymore, but my daughter got her first one last week.

And like me, also a southerner, although possibly also a transplant.
Born here. Never lived anywhere else.

However, I’m intrigued……..you up the average age & IQ by 10? Hell, I might be contributing too.
That was just a joke from another thread. Boy some people got upset!

Hmm. Could he be an old a— 40-something
Yep.

Or are a really cool
I recognize cool when I see it but no one has ever accused me of being cool. I don't think anyone has every even mistaken me for cool. I'm a lot of things, but sadly, cool will never be one of them.

That red G is ageless and pretty cool; never thought I’d buy red, but the more I see ‘em the more I like ‘em.
I didn't want red. I'm not too flashy. It was the only 6MT I could find in my price range. But I do like the color now.

Yeah I was checkin' out that N80 garage. Had me goin' on that Lambo. ( What the....? Lambo makes those, too? I never knew; and I lived in Italia for 4 years.)
There was no choice for Kubota. I picked Lamborghini because there is a company that makes Lamborghini tractors. I think it is German now. And it was the only other company on the list that has made tractors....except Ford...but that's boring. I know a lot more about tractors than I do sports cars!

I've been to Italy. Loved it. Went to the Ferrari museum. Loved it too. Maybe that's why I like the red so much now. Chao.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by TDTh3Boss
the reason i like Gs better then Zs is defiantly because of looks. Gs look wayyyyy better IMO..the Z looks plastic to me..like a toy
I got a buddy who's always talking about his Z looking better then my G ( his stock Z )..also says he sees as much G35's on the road as civics. i just laugh at him lol...

Old 11-10-2010, 01:06 PM
N80
I see very few G35 coupes around here.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the wave being a thumbs up everytime I see a G I'm giving the thumbs up that also will let me know if ur a G35 driver member..... I also don't see alot of G35s around here at all....alot of Z though

Old 11-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Oh, okay, N80, I gotcha. I can dig your chAir Force modesty (dig?), but, having trained (as an Army Ranger) with some AF grunts – aka Pararescue – you might a bada--.

But I’ll take your word for it.

I mean, c’mon, dude……….anyone who’s daughter is dropping whitetails (I assume) in some southern state is not to be played with. Congrats to the young lady; may it be the 1st of many.

Not only are there some dangerous ladies routinely at the local Markham Park outdoor range in my area – firing all manner of rifles, I’ve seen some ladies drop mountain goats in Serbia and the Himalayas like Marine Snipers.

I’m talking firing across valleys from one moutainside to another, I dunno, 800-900 meters? It was a long ways.......with nary a silhouette. One was a head-shot 'cause all but the goat's neck & little beany head was behind a giant boulder.

Man, being a proper gentleman at all times myself, do I love a lady with a gun.

Regarding cool points, you run up a nice little tally just driving a G. Ferrari red, at that? Oh, the fond memories of Formula 1 races @ Monza.

But again, I can appreciate modesty.

I try to be humble – I know, shocking! - but the kid is NOT hurting for confidence. NNNNNO.

Loved Italy? You aint never lied, if I could paraphrase junkman Fred G. Sanford. It's a little different now than I was there, but it’s still a great place.

Otherwise, dude, you enjoy your Veterans Day, and I'll catch up with you another time.

He gone! Time for an nice hi-speed on ramp blast.

(No FL State Troopers reading this are there?)