G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

both traction control lights and break light comes on randomly... help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question both traction control lights and break light comes on randomly... help?

I have a 2004 g35 coupe automatic and about half the time i drive it the VDC off, Slip, and Break lights come on right when i start my car, and sometimes come on when i hit my breaks harder then normal and when i spin my tires the slightest bit. I had my dash apart (the under part where the OBD2 plug and traction control button are) and when i put that back together is when it started happening. I thought it was just an electrical problem with that but then when i saw my break light come on when i hit my breaks hard that made me reconsider that. Oh and the lights came on for the first time when my mother was driving my car to work one day so idk if she did anything to it, i would like to think not. Its going to need rear tires very soon and i was thinking for some reason that might be it?? Idk but i know i have some electrical problems bc the person before me cut a lot of wires to hook up the head unit and half-asses put them back together :-/ so hopefully someone can help, thanks.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Those lights can mean many different things. The "slip" light is suppose to come on when the tires break traction. I believe the tires being low can set those off, the brakes....etc. Try to get the code read when it comes up.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Our TC is active, and it will try to prevent slip.

But it seems like who ever installed your DD was pretty careless.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
yeah they were and it might have had an alarm cut out of it too idk there is an awful amount of open cut wires under my dash. so idk i will try to read the code but will there be one without my engine light being on? but those taction control and the brake light stay on even when im not breaking the tires loose. just driving down the road they are on.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Check your brake fluid level.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
/\ check your fluid, if not that....sounds like a cam sensor or etc. does it have an extended crank when you go to start it up? the cheapazz scanners from autozone and such wont pull up codes if the light is not on, but at the dealer the computer will pull up IF the lights came on for whatever reason....itll show up as a past code and however many keycycles ago it happened. might have to dish out $100 for the diag tho. lmk what happens then.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Its not the fluid :-/ i was hoping it was an easy fix... thanks for all your help

Old 11-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by justin_2009
I have a 2004 g35 coupe automatic and about half the time i drive it the VDC off, Slip, and Break lights come on right when i start my car, and sometimes come on when i hit my breaks harder then normal and when i spin my tires the slightest bit. I had my dash apart (the under part where the OBD2 plug and traction control button are) and when i put that back together is when it started happening. I thought it was just an electrical problem with that but then when i saw my break light come on when i hit my breaks hard that made me reconsider that. Oh and the lights came on for the first time when my mother was driving my car to work one day so idk if she did anything to it, i would like to think not. Its going to need rear tires very soon and i was thinking for some reason that might be it?? Idk but i know i have some electrical problems bc the person before me cut a lot of wires to hook up the head unit and half-asses put them back together :-/ so hopefully someone can help, thanks.
I to justin have the same problem in my 06 g35 coupe, Except I was backin up and hit a pole (Long story) in the left rear side of my bumper, after i got it fixed i noticed the same lights you mentioned came up, im stuck also on how to fix this. im thinkin maybe some wires got messed up in the accident, Any Ideas?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
well im glad im not the only one i guess. I have no idea, my car has been in 3 accidents one by me but not to the rear and it was a while ago so for mine i wouldnt think that would be the problem. I am stumped on this and dont really want to take it to the dealership bc they have yet to help me once with any problem i have had...

Old 11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
yes i will be taking my car soon to my mechanic and if finds a solution ill be sure to let you know what it is, just need to find time to take it to him.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
thanks, although i could be trading mine in soon but i would still like to know what the problem is either way. But hopefully its nothing to expensive.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same problem with the VDC and Slip light going on randomly. Even the break light goes on when I hit the break a little hard. I know I am not losing traction because it happens at start up or when I hit the break shortly after startup.

I will check my break fluid and hopefully this will resolve my problems!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
I did notice i have an extended start up crank by like a sec or two, also ill check my fluids, but how much do the cam sensors cost? also does anyone know how this could relate to my accident (hit in corner of left side of rear bumper) don't know if there are wires back there that can cause that, well thanks for the input

Old 11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
well my fluids arent low so thats not my problem hopefully someone can help, oh and not trading mine in after all so i need to fix this problem :-/

Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
cam sensors if you have an extended crank

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: both traction control lights and break light comes on randomly... help?