G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fast Intentions High Flow RESONATED Cats... anyone use/know of anyone who has them..?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Intentions High Flow RESONATED Cats... anyone use/know of anyone who has them..?

Hey I'm looking around the net for some HFC's, and I'm looking at Fast Intentions High Flow Resonated Cats, but I just can't seem to find much feedback on them at all... It seems like the best of both worlds, HFC's and resonators to help keep down some drone and volume.. is the power still there? Thanks

Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
out of all the breathing mods on my car, this was absolutely the most powerful one (acording to my buyy dyno). It feels as if it truly gave the car a significant improvement in power.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Damn...$620 for HFC's. Why not just get ART pipes?

Old 11-22-2010, 03:10 AM
I was ironically reading up the big thread about them earlier tonight... and I saw you're a big fan of MD in general. My only issue with them, would be the gas fume smell I guess. I know HFC's are illegal just the same, but at least its a better argument then test pipes... I'm worried about rasp and drone as well. I am looking for power for sure, but definitely need to keep up the audio appeal. IMO i'm favoring the sounds of Stillen of FI for there exhausts, and just getting some info on Cats... There isn't that much of a difference between the FI HFC's and ART's, just abit more with the latter of the two...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:13 AM
I was ironically reading up the big thread about them earlier tonight... and I saw you're a big fan of MD in general. My only issue with them, would be the gas fume smell I guess. I know HFC's are illegal just the same, but at least its a better argument then test pipes... I'm worried about rasp and drone as well. I am looking for power for sure, but definitely need to keep up the audio appeal. IMO i'm favoring the sounds of Stillen of FI for there exhausts, and just getting some info on Cats... There isn't that much of a difference between the FI HFC's and ART's, just abit more with the latter of the two, and the fumes, right?...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by josh.irvine.6; 11-22-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:54 AM
I understand about the fumes, some people can't stand them, I don't mind them myself. If you're worried about fumes, then yeah, F.I. HFC's are the way to go. I used to have them before my ART pipes, but the non-resonated HFC's. There's actually a pretty big difference in performance between the two, I gained 12+whp on top of my hfc's by switching my ART pipes. Obviously a straight pipe will flow better than any cat.

To break it down between the resonated HFC's and ART pipes:
- Both will reduce droning and rasp. I can't speak from personal experience about the HFC's if they do actually do this, but I'm assuming.
- Both are illegal (at least here in Cali).
- Both cost about the same.
- Both are great quality.
- Both will give you good gains over the oem cats.
- ART pipes will give you more proven gains than the HFC's.
- ART pipes will smell.
- ART pipes are actually quieter than normal HFC's, but i dont know if they'd be more quiet than these resonated ones.

It really just comes down to the fumes.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Hell of a write-up, thanks so much. Now I can't say I've actually smelled the fumes from test pipes though. Is it just a gas smell, or distinctly different?

I love the sound of the power gains of the ART's, I was looking at dyno's earlier.
- Actually the sound of the ART's and the Shockwave V2 setup..
And if they're the same or lower in volume, that's awesome.
Do you get the fumes inside of your car alot? And is it a very obvious smell if you're around the car.. aka.. cops?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:34 AM
In fact.. i just noticed it was your thread about the comparison on the FI HFC's and and ART's... good thread, great movie, awesome sound.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
The smell is sort of unique. Imagine sitting right behind your exhaust tips while the car is running, but amplify that smell a couple times, lol. As the driver, you only smell the fumes when you're at a stop or come to a stop with the windows down and the fumes catch up to you. If you drive behind a car with test pipes, you'll clearly smell it. I've had my ART pipes for a while now and havent had any trouble with the cops. Of course, I take precautions if i see a cop anywhere behind me, such as not revving high, and changing to a different lane so he's not directly behind me. Might also depend how strict cops are in your area.

Thanks, heres a better video of my setup. Though it gets too loud sometimes for the camera at the high rpms lol. And although the exhaust sounds pretty loud from the outside, it's surprisingly not loud in the cabin.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
To find Fast Intentions exhaust all ya gotta do is Google, all the information is there and they have clips too....
Gary

Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
To find Fast Intentions exhaust all ya gotta do is Google, all the information is there and they have clips too....
Gary
Thats true for the FI HFC's... but I'm trying to find out more information about the RESONATED HFC's... I can't find any audio clips or dyno results at all...

Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Are you referring to FI resonated test pipes? Or FI HFC's? As far as I know there is one or the other and no such thing at FI resonated HFC's....

Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Also, if you want the HFC's they're available through some vendors here in the marketplace for $500.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
^ Yeah there is. Check their website.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
I understand about the fumes, some people can't stand them, I don't mind them myself. If you're worried about fumes, then yeah, F.I. HFC's are the way to go. I used to have them before my ART pipes, but the non-resonated HFC's. There's actually a pretty big difference in performance between the two, I gained 12+whp on top of my hfc's by switching my ART pipes. Obviously a straight pipe will flow better than any cat.

To break it down between the resonated HFC's and ART pipes:
- Both will reduce droning and rasp. I can't speak from personal experience about the HFC's if they do actually do this, but I'm assuming.
- Both are illegal (at least here in Cali).
- Both cost about the same.
- Both are great quality.
- Both will give you good gains over the oem cats.
- ART pipes will give you more proven gains than the HFC's.
- ART pipes will smell.
- ART pipes are actually quieter than normal HFC's, but i dont know if they'd be more quiet than these resonated ones.

It really just comes down to the fumes.
And also, ART pipes will not pass smog.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions High Flow RESONATED Cats... anyone use/know of anyone who has them..?