G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tranny Fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011 | 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by inda626
Am gonna flush and fill with amsoil atf in my 06 coupe with 32,000 miles, will let ya know what I think. Have heard good things, but have also heard many say to stick with Nissan s-matic.. Due for the 30,000 mile service, but today I am getting the diff drained and filled, and belts changed, oil and filter changed, along with the trans getting flushed and filled. Besides the air filter, what else am I supposed to have done? I know this is an old thread, just didn't want to start a new one. Will also use the search when I am done with this. Just like to a more recent opinion or experience to use as reference. Thanks
I hope you're not having this....^....done at the Infiniti stealership! To clarify the difference between a trans flush, they fill and drain the trans twice running it between for a specified time and Infiniti charges $300 for the service which is normally done with high mileage cars with 100K miles on them. The drain & fill is supposed to be done every 30K miles but it's not called a flush! Inda626 got it right unlike some other members. Only thing I can see they didn't do was the cabin filter. I really hope you didn't get this 30K service at Infiniti.
Gary

Old 06-14-2011 | 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by JOKER
I hear lot's of ppl using Amsoil

That's what I'm switching to on a next flush.........Nissan fluid is just too damn expensive.
What's more expensive, a transmission or a few quarts of oil?

Old 06-15-2011 | 02:21 AM
Did not get this done at the stealership.. Have gotten some service done and will not pay their prices.. I got this done at Temple City Auto, I've been going there for a while so got hooked up on a price. But they are more than reasonable. Would have been cheaper if I wasn't too lazy to do some of the work, but wasn't feeling up to it. Anyways, I have only driven the car back from the shop after having this done, and can say it felt normal.. Feels smooth, but nothing big. Maybe I'll get a better feel of it on the freeway. Just glad to know my fluids are nice and clean. As for the belts, they had cracks, so I would recommend at least taking a look at them. Belts were squeaking also, and now nice and quiet. Very easy to do. Even as lazy as I am, I did it. I agree with what gary said, do "not" get it done at the stealership. Do it yourself, or find a good shop that won't rob you. And thanks for the quick replies, and the heads up on trying to save the lil cash I have.

Old 06-15-2011 | 02:30 AM
I use Motul in my transmission and it shifts like butter and I have no issues.