G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OMG.. Did I buy a used G with FRAME DAMAGE? Please LOOK (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the car rides like crap.. It bobs and weaves when i drive over 60 on the freeway.
It does not ride smooth or straight..

I also feel every single little bump.
Its a very harsh ride.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Let be honest. If the same crappy welds was found on a Lexus IS350 or a Honda instead of OUR car, everyone here would be having a blast attacker Lexus. Doesn't matter if it's under the car and no one can see it, shoddy welds are shoddy welds.

Would anyone here buy an exhaust with the same welds? NO. Why not? I mean, you can't see it right? I've seen many people here attacking off brand exhaust because of the "welds"... But when it comes to the welds on the G. It's perfectly ok?

The welds are soo crappy, I bet an insurance adjuster would look at it and say the car has been in a bad accident and it's salvaged. I mean, just look at the first few posts, people thought it was...

I've seen better workmanship on a 1996 Acura. LOL. It's the little things that count sometimes. Don't get me started on the headliner. The edge where it meets the windsheild.. That part is sagging like a mother F'er. Whereas, on other cars, it is sealed and a rubber mold is covering the gap holding the headliner in place. On the G, there are no seal. Just an ugly looking edge..
+1 someone that actually gets it.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by spacecitygroove
the car rides like crap.. It bobs and weaves when i drive over 60 on the freeway.
It does not ride smooth or straight..

I also feel every single little bump.
Its a very harsh ride.
get a alignment and switch to thicker sidewall tires or smaller diameter wheels. If that doesn't fix your two problems, then your pretty much out of luck.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
i snapped these pix of my rear suspension about an hour ago. again, what you're seeing is normal.

Attached Thumbnails OMG.. Did I buy a used G with FRAME DAMAGE? Please LOOK (pics inside)-welds1.jpg   OMG.. Did I buy a used G with FRAME DAMAGE? Please LOOK (pics inside)-welds2.jpg   OMG.. Did I buy a used G with FRAME DAMAGE? Please LOOK (pics inside)-welds3.jpg   OMG.. Did I buy a used G with FRAME DAMAGE? Please LOOK (pics inside)-welds4.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Wow this thread is so full of fail... apparently everyone is an expert on undercarriage welding....

Old 12-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
I just read on MSNBC.COM that local authorities have taken into custody what they have described as an undercarriage pervert. It appears over the last couple days people have been reporting that a perp has been seen with a flashlight crawling under several vechicles. When apprehended he claimed that he was only examining frame welds. He gave the name of jibberjabbers but authorities think that this may be an alias. When interviewed a local officer stated that this was just plain unbelievable. In his expert opinion who the hell cares. More information will be forthcoming
They are stealing catalytic converters, my neighbor's catalytic converter got stolen in front of his house in the late night

Old 12-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by RiversideS13
They are stealing catalytic converters, my neighbor's catalytic converter got stolen in front of his house in the late night

Understanding a joke FAIL.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
if its such a problem then get rid of the car if you think its bad quality.....if it was shoddy construction nissan wouldnt have done it. period.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
They fixed the crappy welds on the newer models! G37.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...s-arrived.html

Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 PM
That looks pretty nice. Thats what I would expect out of infinite.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
^ I hate the rotation of that image!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Yeah, thanks for fixing it, Much easier on the eyes. Glad to see Nissan / Infinti step up its game. Much cleaner welds. And that thing now painted. Just like the BMW's. Just looks a lot better.

I see that there is a check mark on that thing too. LOL Good to go!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
ok, so strip your rear subframe apart and paint it.....then you wont have to stare at the welds that are "questionable"

Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Yeah, thanks for fixing it, Much easier on the eyes. Glad to see Nissan / Infinti step up its game. Much cleaner welds. And that thing now painted. Just like the BMW's. Just looks a lot better.

I see that there is a check mark on that thing too. LOL Good to go!
Honestly jibbers I have nothing against you but why don't you just sell the car if you are so unhappy with it...I think I saw in another thread that no one is willing to give you the money you are asking for but just bite the bullet and get something else that you are happy with.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure what to make of that. One the one hand, they don't look like factory welds. On the other hand, I don't see any evidence of grinding or re-welding that I would expect if it had been repaired by a frame shop. I'd have it checked by a body shop. If the frame is straight, you should be OK.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG.. Did I buy a used G with FRAME DAMAGE? Please LOOK (pics inside)