G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Buyback Program

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe Buyback Program

Anyone else get a letter from their dealership indicating that they want to buyback their car as part of a special program authorized by infiniti. The letter says that due to the number of special requests for my model and color (2003 Auto Caribbean Blue w/ Willow Cloth) they have been authorized to buy my car back and put me into a new one for no $ out of pocket and very similar payments.....what's up with this?? I got the letter two weeks in a row and it says I have to bring the letter with me to the dealership.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Re: Coupe Buyback Program

It's a dealer promo meant to sell more cars.

BLKSNAKE - '04 G35 Coupe
http://hiddensub.info [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

huh?! is that fo' reals?

Old 10-26-2004, 05:50 PM

sure it can be for real, buy back for what price?

similar payments, sure, but you've already been paying x years, now you go and add another 5 (assuming 5 year loan that is).

Old 10-26-2004, 10:36 PM

My cousin sells cars and his dealership does that all the time. Its a way to get customers who have already bought from them to come back in and trade thier car in and then they have you look at something else and they try to sell that to you. Its just a scam bascially. And trust me, a dealership will never give you what you want for the car. Besides, when you leave they will be selling your 03 model for like 30 grand. I have seen that at the dealerships in my area. God, i hate car salesman. Even my cousin is a bastard...lol.

2004.5 6MT Coupe Diamond Graphite/Loaded...no mods(yet)

Old 10-27-2004, 03:35 AM

It won't hurt to give it a try! Just go down there with no intention to buy and see what they have to offer.
I think it may be too good to be true. I'm sure the payments will be similar, but the duration of your loan/lease will be extended, dramatically.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:26 AM

That makes it seem as if it's an even trade of a used vehicle for a brand new car... A dealer would never do that as they would lose money, and I'm sure they do not have any definite buyers who plan to pay what you paid for your car brand new.

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 10-27-2004, 11:05 AM
G SQUAD

Hate these cheap tricks they use to rip people off

Old 10-27-2004, 12:43 PM

Same thing happened with my Chevy truck. I took it in to get the BCM re-flashed, the service department gave my information to the sales department. Next thing you know I'm getting like four or five phone calls telling me that they would like to buy my truck because they have a high demand for that year and color with my options and they can put me into a new one for the same price.

As they said above - DEALER SCAM

At the time, I owed like $18,000 and new ones were going for $23,000 after all the drastic rebates. No way in hell would they ever give me $18,000 for mine, and give me a $5000 upgrade for the same price. Maybe if they gave me a 6 year loan after I've already been paying a year or two on the current truck.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:56 PM

I'm in sales... it's a classic technique--the BUYBACK... what it is an extension of your lease, which keeps you in the cycle of coming back as an INFINITI customer over and over again.

If you have some 19s that you want to sell... let me know

Old 10-27-2004, 03:57 PM

<a href=http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html>Confessions of a Car Salesman</a> ... pretty sure buybacks are in there. along with alot of other tactics

Old 10-27-2004, 10:44 PM

We were given a script to follow when making our calls. To me the dialogue sounded stilted and ridiculous. But I made a point of following it word for word. For example, after we had identified ourselves, we had to ask, "Am I interrupting anything important?" This seemed like a poor strategy to me. I felt they would tell us if we were interrupting anything. Or we could tell from their tone of voice if they were busy.

Assuming we hadn't interrupted something important, we then explained why we were calling: "We have a shortage of quality used cars on our lot right now and my manager would like to offer to buy your car at above market value. We would like to invite you to come down here for a free appraisal. Is the afternoon or the evening better for you?"

The beauty of this system, the BDC manager told me, was that "they're expecting you to sell them something. But you're not! You're offering to buy their car!"

Of course, all you're really doing is offering to take their car as a trade-in. Because, when you are appraising their car, it will begin to occur to them that — if they sell their car — they will need another one. So they begin looking around our car lot and before you know it, you have a sale and a trade-in deal. Nice idea. But it never worked for me.

--- that was from the article.