G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G is terrible on snow, snow tires or chains?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HAha yea that was part of the joke using the boobie girl thing after he pulled the age card. These guys are just mad because they just realized they spend their lives on the internet forums. Lets go do the home depot lip smitty

Old 12-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pwestbball11
exactly smitty50. It also proves my point that it takes more time to make those stupid search posts than it would to give the actual answer. If you think it is a duplicate thread then just dont answer. Dont be a dumb piece of **** about it and post all your little search results. That long post probably took atleast five minutes for your pea sized brain to think up so... Again... Get a life. You spend your whole life on these little forums telling people to search when you could be productive. Yes. I dont have the money to buy seperate sets of tires and rims... This does not mean that i cant own a performance car like a g35. I am 17 and work at a grocery store... Next year i will be attending a six year md/ba program. So dont sit on the internet and try to tell me im stupid and ignorant for not using your stupid search feature. Just keep your bull**** to yourself if you dont like what i post... GTFO
About 5 people have answered your question already including me. Please move on.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Im just responding to their irrationality. Including yours. Again. WHat is the point of you telling me to move on... Just dont post.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Great. It's over. Me telling you to move on is saying, you're new here...you've made your point about people telling you to search instead of posting an answer, we get it.
It's me politely asking you to stop cluttering up the forums with your incessant bickering.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Good stuff from the all-knowing newbs

Old 12-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Good stuff from the all-knowing newbs

Ya....I've been reading posts from this site for a long time and I enjoy reading these each and everytime

Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 PM
i just picked up LM-60's Bridgestone Blizzaks. Heard excellent reviews on them. I was in my car driving slow and this american car rolls his window down and says "buy an american car". i just laughed it off. First day it started snowing down here in maryland. Looking forward to switching to winter tires.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:20 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
I run Blizzak LM-22s on OEM 17s on my coupe, having been doing so for the past 2 winters, this is the third year on my first set. LM22s are a performance winter tire...good in mild-moderate conditions (Midwest winters). Only ok in the heavy stuff...buy studless ice/snow if you live somewhere with a ton of snow/ice (snowbelt or up North)

YES x 1000000000. I got my mother to finally replace her Michelin A/S tires and got her some new Conti Extremes for winter as she barely drives her 03 G sedan because the A/S weren't grippy enough. Anyways tires came in last Friday, stopped off at home and stole her car for the trip to Philly to test out the new tires.
I was blown away on the drive back to Columbus last night. Philly was cold but clear, but once I got up into the mountains on I76, things got bad. Near whiteout with patchy accumulation and random uneven spots of clear road usually on the right or the left of a lane. Tricky conditions to drive in during the day on a regular road, much less night time on a curvy mountain.
The new Conti's blew my Blizzaks out of the water. I didn't slip ONCE in the 8+hour drive...I probably would not have made it on her old A/S or atleast it would have taken me double the time. I was driving essentially 40-50mph safely with no loss of traction and no unexpected slides. They just cut right through any snow and made it almost seem like it was dry road. Even when my right tires were in snow and my lefts were on road, the car handled just fine, something that my Blizzaks don't do for me to be honest.
Truly astounding tires, I would recommend them to anyone looking to drive their G or any other RWD car in the winter with no issues.
*caveat being that you still have to be a good driver, no tire or traction control system will make up for stupidity or a lack of experience.
Glad to hear the Contis are working well on your mom's sedan! I love them on my car. It is honestly night and day and the car feels as if the roads are dry and like summer time. I can throw my car sideways doing 60mph, and with the tires and VDC system, it always goes straight again. The car barelly lets go with VDC OFF. It is just incredible. My dad was all "Those snow tires aren't even going to make a difference. But what do I know." Now that they are on the car, and it blows every car in our driveway out of the water in the snow, he is all "Maybe we should pick up a set for the Altima" and I'm all "Well what do i know!"
Originally Posted by Tabris
People should purchase less expensive vehicles if they can't afford tires to drive said vehicle.
+1 if you can't even afford proper tires/maintenance/gas for your high performance vehicle, you shouldn't even be buying it.
exactly smitty50. It also proves my point that it takes more time to make those stupid search posts than it would to give the actual answer. If you think it is a duplicate thread then just dont answer. Dont be a dumb piece of **** about it and post all your little search results. That long post probably took atleast five minutes for your pea sized brain to think up so... Again... Get a life. You spend your whole life on these little forums telling people to search when you could be productive. Yes. I dont have the money to buy seperate sets of tires and rims... This does not mean that i cant own a performance car like a g35. I am 17 and work at a grocery store... Next year i will be attending a six year md/ba program. So dont sit on the internet and try to tell me im stupid and ignorant for not using your stupid search feature. Just keep your bull**** to yourself if you dont like what i post... GTFO
Dude, you give the rest of us teens a bad name. (I am 19). Wanna get responses on here? Learn to go with the flow. Starting pissing arguments gets you nowhere, especially when its on a subject like snow tires (a topic that has been discussed 8million times)

BTW, you are supposed to respect G flip with 1k posts, but you must obey me with my 17k

Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 PM
haha this thread made me smile! ...informative thread too btw

Old 12-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow, it went from tires to tantrums in one page.
at least it was somewhat entertaining?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:39 PM
17,000 post is supposed to make me respect you like your some village elder? It just shows me that you have no life. You guys are killin me. I said thanks for the answers... I was trying to be nice and also prove a point about the search thing. Then some guy started on the age thing... and downhill from there. Glad its entertaining.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:26 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
It is very entertaining. I hoped you learned to search.

BTW, thats 17,025 posts thank you very much.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
just wanted to stop by and laugh again! hahahhaaa

Old 12-17-2010, 01:23 PM
17,000 post is supposed to make me respect you like your some village elder? It just shows me that you have no life. You guys are killin me. I said thanks for the answers... I was trying to be nice and also prove a point about the search thing. Then some guy started on the age thing... and downhill from there. Glad its entertaining.
It was downhill long before that little buddy. I was just giving you a hard time, but you didn't need to mention your age. You've done a perfectly fine job pointing it out with your maturity level.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Glad to hear the Contis are working well on your mom's sedan! I love them on my car. It is honestly night and day and the car feels as if the roads are dry and like summer time. I can throw my car sideways doing 60mph, and with the tires and VDC system, it always goes straight again. The car barelly lets go with VDC OFF. It is just incredible. My dad was all "Those snow tires aren't even going to make a difference. But what do I know." Now that they are on the car, and it blows every car in our driveway out of the water in the snow, he is all "Maybe we should pick up a set for the Altima" and I'm all "Well what do i know!"
Yea, my mother doesn't drive her car much in winter because she doesn't feel comfortable with RWD in snow. She knows I've been running winter tires on my coupe for a while but was still skeptical. But I think one drive in a blizzard and she'll be convinced and not to mention much safer.
Problem now is that I know how much better the Contis are then my Blizzaks and I wants them.
Then again, this is hopefully the last winter my G will see so maybe Conti's for whatever car I buy for winter I guess.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G is terrible on snow, snow tires or chains?