G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New member with pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks...good enough...a savings of $6800 is sizeable. Hope you'll find the G a fun ride until you can get what you really want.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Thanks...good enough...a savings of $6800 is sizeable. Hope you'll find the G a fun ride until you can get what you really want.
thanks, i love the G and everytime i turn it on i love the sound of the stock exhaust, but everytime i see a white is350 it just makes me want one. Thank goodness the is350 only comes in auto which is another factor of me not getting it, plus everytime i see the shiny gold Brembo's on my G, it puts a smile on my face

Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AnJingG35
Just wanted to introduce myself. Recently picked up an 03 G35 coupe with 80k miles. Didn't want the 05+ models since they are known to have engine failure and no Brembo's package available. Used to own a 350z but hated it(no trunk space, and no rear seats) and sold it for an 02 E46 M3. Love the M3 but maintenance was too costly so i ended up selling it. Anyways, owned the G35 for a lil over a month now and the only problem i had was the radio/climate control which was a common problem with 03-04 models but was solved with an aftermarket deck. Only mod i plan to do is add an OEM front lip and that's it.

2003 G35 Ivory Pearl White with black leather interior
Brembo package
Jim Wolf intake
Pioneer AVIC X9115BT navi
Rear M3 style trunk lip spoiler

Nice pickup!!

Diggin that discreet (and unique) little spoiler, amongst everything else, of course.

But before I blow up my own 2006's VQ35 engine, please school me on what I need NOT do to push it to failure.

(Unless you wanna push me into getting that Lexus IS-F I've been obsessing about........although my plan is to keep the G, also.)

I mean, I don't abusively drive her hard, but thinking safety 1st/no tickets!! I do run 'er fast when I can........the way she likes it, essentially being a 2+2 350Z - as you know.

Lastly, to each 'is own regarding the Infiniti trunk badge, I suppose.

I rocked it over the SKYLINE 350GT badging for a little while - along with a Nissan Front Grille Emblem also in place - but quickly grew tired of it (much to my own surprise).

Decided I should go full JDM conversion; felt like I was half-assing it. But again, that's just me.

Not to mention, I was delighted to find out you can get the Nissan emblems from a Nissan dealership.

Specifically, from a Florida dealership the parts dude was even able to pull up the right part # for a Skyline emblems......although other U.S. models have the same size badge.

Still, I didn't even have to ask. He was like "want it for a Skyline? Got some in stock. Here you go." A happy camper I was.

Other than that, be safe and have fun! Gonna do some wheels?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Bozo954
Nice pickup!!

Diggin that discreet (and unique) little spoiler, amongst everything else, of course.

But before I blow up my own 2006's VQ35 engine, please school me on what I need NOT do to push it to failure.

(Unless you wanna push me into getting that Lexus IS-F I've been obsessing about........although my plan is to keep the G, also.)

I mean, I don't abusively drive her hard, but thinking safety 1st/no tickets!! I do run 'er fast when I can........the way she likes it, essentially being a 2+2 350Z - as you know.

Lastly, to each 'is own regarding the Infiniti trunk badge, I suppose.

I rocked it over the SKYLINE 350GT badging for a little while - along with a Nissan Front Grille Emblem also in place - but quickly grew tired of it (much to my own surprise).

Decided I should go full JDM conversion; felt like I was half-assing it. But again, that's just me.

Not to mention, I was delighted to find out you can get the Nissan emblems from a Nissan dealership.

Specifically, from a Florida dealership the parts dude was even able to pull up the right part # for a Skyline emblems......although other U.S. models have the same size badge.

Still, I didn't even have to ask. He was like "want it for a Skyline? Got some in stock. Here you go." A happy camper I was.

Other than that, be safe and have fun! Gonna do some wheels?
thanks, i actually just removed the 350GT emblem the other day. I don't plan to mod the car anymore. As for wheels, im not really into aftermarket wheels, i do however like the 19" 370z stock wheels, not sure how they'll look on the G.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Nice car. Add some front and rear splash guards and an OEM lip and you'll be good to go!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Anytime, AnJingG35. You not planning anymore mods makes a great point about the car in general.

Seems to me Nissan-Infiniti did such a bang-up job with the G35 Coupe that it's just fine with ZERO aftermarket mods or even manufacturer mods (sport & aero packages, especially).

The bone stock base model is a serious value for the money, with performance essentially unchanged.

Lastly, depending on your personal tastes, you might be able be more sure of the 370Z wheels you displayed...........or I'll give you my input.

They'd not just look good on a G35 or 37, they'd probably look great. Yes. Frickin great.

Then - ALL-OF-A-SUDDEN! - you'll see a bunch of cats bitin your style.

My prediction.......if you make the move.

Rock on.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by EnJoiLuv
Nice car. Add some front and rear splash guards and an OEM lip and you'll be good to go!
u read my mind....i went to the dealers and found out splash guards in ivory pearl white has been discontinued so i would have to get unpainted ones. I'm hoping to find a used set and already painted for under $100.