Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jake_91306
forget the spoiler. lol

get the strafe coupe trunk.

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...upe-trunk.html
This. times a 100

Old 01-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
I'll trade you my honda accord trunk for your G35 trunk.

It's mint aside from a couple deep scratches and very noticable blemishes.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you need a beater car to learn to drive the way you want. Something like a 1994-1998 v6 mustang with lsd swap. The crappier suspension the better so when you do drive the the g you will appreciate it more. Autox is a good idea no street drifting

Old 01-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the accord trunk comes with a 2 feet spoiler then count me in!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:52 AM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,018 Likes on 792 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
I'm really highly against him getting another G35 until he learns to be a bit more responsible.
I'm against him driving, period. Find out his name and send a written copy of this thread to the DMV so his license is revoked for a few years at least.

He admitted that he doesn't give a damn about driving safely and that he was planning to, and then did, drive insanely aggressively on city streets instead of in a safe environment (like a track or completely empty parking lot). Lesson learned: he's an idiot. That's my 2 cents

/rant

Old 01-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,018 Likes on 792 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by dineth00i30
wait wtf, G's are not front wheel drive?! but..the dealership told me it makes 500fwhp?
Stickers yo, that's where all the extra HP comes from!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by calcul8
I'm against him driving, period. Find out his name and send a written copy of this thread to the DMV so his license is revoked for a few years at least.

He admitted that he doesn't give a damn about driving safely and that he was planning to, and then did, drive insanely aggressively on city streets instead of in a safe environment (like a track or completely empty parking lot). Lesson learned: he's an idiot. That's my 2 cents

/rant
That's no rant Nate. That's actually what 80% of the people here recommend.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Completely empty parking lot should be the same as completely empty street right? I will no longer be apart of the forums, it seems like there are too many hypocrites. Lots of people acting like they're responsible and obey all the driving laws. Perhaps it's different but to me an empty parking lot is the same as an empty street where you don't see any cars for as far as your vision can see. Parking lot requires no *****.

Last edited by LegendC32A; 01-24-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
I don't even condone an empty parking lot. I agree with the ones that are telling you to play around at an autox event, but it seems you've already made up your mind. Your mindset is what the majority of people are bagging you on. It's not about being a hypocrite and "not breaking laws". It's the fact that you view an empty street as the same as an empty parking lot, despite the fact that a street is not as free, nor as wide as a parking lot; evidenced by the fact that you totaled your car. It's not about "having *****" either because despite you having them, your car was STILL totaled. Its a judgement call, and you made a bad one. Own up to it. Learn from it. Don't retaliate and get butt-hurt when people call you out on it. For one thing, it's the internet. Don't take it personally. You've already stated the RWD is a different animal than what you're used to. You stated again that when you started losing control, your mindset to correct it was still that of driving a FWD. Those are indicators right there that you need to take it slow and LEARN your car before you crash it again. You should be glad that the street was empty. What if you fvcked up and landed into someone's house? What if you took out a pedestrian? That's the difference between an empty parking lot and an empty street. You can still fly into a building/house. I've been trying to be nice to you, but apparently you DON'T want to learn. I honestly pray that you HAVE learned your lesson and that you'll take it slow in learning the difference between the cars you've owned and the G. Whether you come back to this forum or not, I don't want to see headlines that a G driver killed himself and/or innocent bystander. Good luck to you.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes I've learned the lesson of RWD and will definitely take it slow and go autox with it. It's quite embarrassing actually haha but I can care less for what people think of me.. I'm doing me.. but Ima do me safer! lol

Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
I'm glad you learned. Just don't go around typing that "you're done with this forum" and what not. That just gives people more of an excuse to flame you.

Similar thing happened to another member on here, they ragged on him for doing stupid ****, he retaliated but then he was welcomed back here. Even if it were just comedic purposes. Not sure if he's still posting though... Haven't checked.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
90% of the people on this site have done something stupid while driving. What most people are tell you is that don't do it again. Lesson learned the streets are not a race track even if it is empty. You could hit a parked car or some other shat. If you must practice illegal activity go somewere like an empty parking lot were the only thing you can Fvck up is your own car.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:13 PM
My suggestion.

Don't bother with an empty parking lot. Even if it is completely empty. If a cop sees you, you may be in trouble. I suggest you just drive the car NORMALLY and SAFELY when you get it back. Continue driving like this for the next year or 2 years. Eventually, you will pick up good habits and your incentive to go fast will likely diminish.

There's no reason to drive so fast on the street. Especially since you said in one of your posts "you're driving and you look around and see people looking at the sweet sweet ride". Drive slow and let them admire it.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
My suggestion.

Don't bother with an empty parking lot. Even if it is completely empty. If a cop sees you, you may be in trouble. I suggest you just drive the car NORMALLY and SAFELY when you get it back. Continue driving like this for the next year or 2 years. Eventually, you will pick up good habits and your incentive to go fast will likely diminish.

There's no reason to drive so fast on the street. Especially since you said in one of your posts "you're driving and you look around and see people looking at the sweet sweet ride". Drive slow and let them admire it.
pretty much- I'll be one to admit, I used to drive like a careless idiot.
I got my first and only reckless driving ticket (busted for racing) at 16. I didn't fully learn my lesson until the next year when my friend passed away in my arms because of street racing.

... You don't want to know what that is like.

Be safe out there. Drive safe, who cares if you want to 'show it off' by driving like fast and the furious or whatever. Less is more, let them admire it, cruise easy. You'll not only look more mature in the process but you use less gas, less wear and tear on the car, and overall- just a better feel.

Just my two cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just got a G35, need some tips