G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I just got a G35, need some tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got a G35, need some tips

Last edited by LegendC32A; 01-24-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to G35Driver.

Just off the top of my head:

- Be careful with the curbs.
- Be careful with driveways or anywhere that the bottom could possibly scrape. Our cars are lower than we think.
- Keen an eye out on your oil. The Gs like to consume it.

That's it for now.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah it becomes a hassle going in and out of my house especially speedbumps in plaza.. have no space to go over it when there are other cars on the lane

Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
About the VDC, Keep it on in the rain and snow. Other than that whenever you feel the need to have some fun, turn it off. Its a RWD so the rear likes to swing but once your used to the car you'll have full control. I love the clock, I think its like the interior trademark for Infinity. Enjoy it man, I love the white color.

G-girl, I see you got a new cat pic, she looks as if shes ready to kill. lol

Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had to get away from fwd as well, went from a 97 cavalier to an 09 civic si sedan to my lovely 05 6mt DG coupe....and i take vdc off when i am trying to have some fun as well....i notice if vdc is on an i shift hard into second (close to redline), it likes to bog down....so to prevent that i just try and keep vdc off....

Old 01-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Well first things first, it's Infiniti. The other company does audio.

Great purchase. Had my 6mt 3yrs now and I'm still enamored with it. I love to take the kids out during this time of year for some great parking lot snow fun. Doesn't look like you'll be doing that any time soon. A seal coated parking lot during rain with summer tires can be almost as fun.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
please keep your VDC on, it will prevent you spin out and you should not accelerate at corner like how you are with FWD

Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to DRIVER Legend, damn nice IP coupe and no front license plate bracket either....COOL!! Keep an eye on your oil and use nothing but quality synthetic along with changing it frequently (4K miles) your coupe will thank you. Do yourself a favor and don't get squarely with your ride it will last a lot longer....
Gary

Old 01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, are both legends in the background ur's?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by LaserRedG35VS
About the VDC, Keep it on in the rain and snow. Other than that whenever you feel the need to have some fun, turn it off. Its a RWD so the rear likes to swing but once your used to the car you'll have full control. I love the clock, I think its like the interior trademark for Infinity. Enjoy it man, I love the white color.

G-girl, I see you got a new cat pic, she looks as if shes ready to kill. lol
Yeah, she is.

About the VDC, just be careful. It's fun and all, but the you're right about the rear. And yes, the IP is a nice color. I saw a nice one yesterday, brand new and there were times I wish I got the IP. Have fun, but be careful.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by LegendC32A
Also do you guys drive with VDC on? I tried to gas my car through a corner like how I usually do with my Legends with the VDC option off and the car whipped and was rocking left and right and I had to regain control.
VDC is always on for me unless I'm having fun.

I used to drive with it off 24/7 until one day I decided to turn it on cause it seemed to be raining pretty hard. Some idiot cut me off and I slammed on my brakes but before the ABS kicked in my wheels locked and it cause my car to unsettle. Had VDC not been on I would have spun out. After that I keep it on unless I'm specifically out to have some fun.

Be careful with it. RWD are not like FWD cars. When FWD cars spin the tires they still go in the direction the wheels are pointed (more or less - they won't turn quite as much) but are otherwise easy to control. When RWD cars spin the tires you typically have to counter-steer properly and know what you are doing or you will spin out into another car, curb, pedestrian - either way the result is not good.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Yeah have to be real careful of speed bumps..

Old 01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by AnJingG35
wow, are both legends in the background ur's?
Yeah they both are , I have another one but it's not in the pic. Thanks for all the tips guys.. I will try to keep my driving mature.. it really feels like I'm starting to learn how to drive again lol! BTW, what is IP?

Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by LegendC32A
So.. all my life I have been driving FWD Hondas and Acuras... for the past 3 years I've been driving Acura Legend Type IIs. Just got the G35 and I'm like DAMNNNNNN I've been missing out! I'm beginning to learn that spirited driving on RWD takes much more skill then FWD.. So I purchased a 06' 6MT and it came with Tein comfort ride coilovers and the EDFC electronic damper system. The car is pretty low and I'm not sure what to set my settings at for the dampers for daily driving comfort and a little sliding fun here and there. Also do you guys drive with VDC on? I tried to gas my car through a corner like how I usually do with my Legends with the VDC option off and the car whipped and was rocking left and right and I had to regain control. Any tips for that? I can't stop looking at my car.. I'm loving life because of it now and I just drive and drive when I'm bored. Some things that I would of had like Infinity to do was put the VDC button on the steering wheel instead.. and I really hate the analog clock... but the car is a beast!!!!
Infiniti.. But I drive with the VDC on mostly unless I know theres open place where I can fool around.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah I definitely forgot it's spelled with an I and not a Y haha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just got a G35, need some tips