G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I just got a G35, need some tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by LegendC32A; 01-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You are still in denial

THE PROBLEM WAS THAT YOU WERE ON THE STREET! If you were on a skidpad (autox) you could have spun out without hitting the curb.

Also, the loss of control was not from what you said but from
1) Braking or lifting of the throttle in a turn, or
2) Aggressive throttle in a turn
and then
3) Improper counter steering or failure to let the spin occur.

If you want to learn about this stuff without doing any work (reading a book or asking an instructor) you should do it in a place where your guesses won't get you in trouble.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
^ +1 to what happened. "Aggressive throttle in a turn".

Happened to me when I had my G35. There were two 'left-turn' lanes at an intersection. I was in the right one, and the person in front of me spent like 10 seconds when the light turned green and still wouldn't go. I got mad and quickly accelerated into the inner 'left-turn' lane. I gassed it into the intersection because that guy had pissed me off. I turned and the car began to drift through the intersection. I managed to countersteer it perfectly and it seemed quite legit, so i LOL'd. Only rough point during that little stunt was at the end, when the car jerked to the right after I released the gas pedal, since I was still countersteering to the right. When I released the gas, the car almost immediately regained grip, so I had to spin the wheel left again. but quickly recovered and continued on my merry way.

After that incident, I've been careful not to get pissed at drivers and begin driving aggressively.

I didn't floor the car either, the ground was damp due to previous days rain.

The difference is, I was not trying to spin during this intersection or drive aggressively, I was simply angry and went through the intersection a bit fast. Oh, and my G35 was my first RWD car as well.

During my ownership of the G35, it is almost impossible to break traction and lose control during a turn if you are driving responsibly. You were driving a bit too fast for what you can handle, but also, you were driving way to aggressively. So can you tell me why you were driving so aggressively? Are you just one of those people who likes to swerve through traffic on the freeway and race people at a light?

Last edited by TORETTO; 01-13-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by LegendC32A
I just totaled my car.. I will be posting pics.. Was taking a turn and lost a bit of traction and forgot I was in RWD so I handled it like FWD and the car lost control and went on a curb and divider.. after that the car wouldn't even move.. can't even turn the wheels.. Had it less then a week.. I bought the car because I was depressed.. now I am depressed again... Thank you everyone for helping me know about the car a little bit more.. too bad I can't stay around because I no longer have it.. Nice meeting you guys.. I just wanted to perfect driving it by practicing all day.. cars are my passion.. driving takes me away from the world.. iono..
Dude.....seriously!!!

This is why people on here told you to learn to drive the car hard in a secluded/empty parking lot, not on the streets. You have got to expect the worst when trying to learn the characteristics of a new car, wether its FWD or RWD. Which is why you don't push the car to its limits near curbs, traffic, or any other obstacle, especially when you don't know its limits yet. The weight distribution on these cars is more towards the front, which means the a@@ end likes to kick out, especially when under throttle. Sorry about the car but you need to use common sense.

I'm not going to try to sound like I'm perfect, I have done a lot of stupid **** on the roads before. I enjoy pushing my car and driving fast sometimes, but only after I've felt comfortable with its characteristics and knowing exactly what its capable of.

I'm done with my rant, GL with insurance.

Originally Posted by Cali*Coast
THE PROBLEM WAS THAT YOU WERE ON THE STREET!
^ With less then a weeks experience.

Last edited by herrschaft; 01-13-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Bump. My convo I had with the seller.

Awesome bro.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. Double fail. Driving and lying.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW, why would you be so dumb, someone gives you a great deal and car and you blow it off like nothing, I guess you never really appreciated the car like most people on here instead you tried to learn to drift in public. IMO I love my G35 and drive it hard but respect the power it produces because I know I will never get another chance if I do something and ruin it. I came from a 1980 toyota pick up and drove that for 4 years before I got the G about 2 months ago. My one question I have for you (LegendC32A) is how old are you? This story sounds like a kid with a car thinking he is invincible to everything, and drives without good habits.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is so friggin ridiculous. If I was on the West Coast I'd buy that car and fix it. Airbags didn't deploy, right?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
... Wow, that is a sad situation! I'm sorry to see that happen. On an even more serious note, this situation illustrates the importance of learning your car and driving within your limits on the street. I'm sure we all have been guilty of pushing it a little on the street but damn! ... "was taking a turn and lost a little bit of traction..." is a serious understatement. You had a car with serious capabilities, you can absolutely murder on-ramps, off-ramps, roundabouts, mountain roads etc...

I'm glad to see that you walked away without injury to yourself or anyone else. Take it as a lesson learned. Get another G, and learn to drive! Get some friends together and go autocross. It's an enlightening experience to say the least. Sell those damn Legends!

Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm really highly against him getting another G35 until he learns to be a bit more responsible.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Please don't get another G. They don't make this model anymore, and we can't have you out wrecking the finite quantity of good ones that are left.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares if he lied about where he got the car from? None of your business, really.

That was a pretty big fail, crashing the car within a week tho.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:03 PM
What reason does he have not to just tell us the truth?

I don't know about you. but I'm not one that appreciates being lied to all the time, and I take no BS.

My friend was also readying to purchase this thing with cash, and start modding it. Potential for this car was huge. If he wrecked some 2003 with 100k miles. Then I wouldn't care as much, but this car clearly went to the wrong person.

I know this sounds a bit harsh to put the OP in the spotlight, but had he not been careless, this would not have happened.

I guess it's one of those things where people always say young people who get fast cars "I give him 1 week until its wrapped around a tree.", luckily for the OP, he didn't crash into a tree, and spared his own life, at the cost of the car.

To the OP, if you're planning on being a car enthusiast (which by coming to this site, you might as well be). Please do not drive your future car like that, and make the rest of us look bad. There is already a fine line between enthusiasts and street racers, and when cars are driven like this, it makes police hassle us even more. Cop issues in Northern California are bad enough, don't make it worse.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gosh, I remember seeing that car on craigslist as well. I emailed the seller, original asking price was 16k which was an absolute steal. Even at 18k I was seriously considering it. So sad to see a low mileage G go to waste. I feel for the buyer as I'm sure nobody likes to see that type of money go down the drain. But in the long run, this could be a very inexpensive lesson to learn in regards to driving carefully. There would be an entirely new level of regret for him to deal with if somebody had been killed or seriously injured.

I've been in the market ever since I sold my turbocharged sc300. I didn't get too much practice with that car though since I was always running into mechanical issues. Does the G difficult to tame and will I be running into issues with handling it if I'm just driving it as a dd? I don't do the speedracer thing (got everything out of my system with my 1jz) I just think the car has a beautiful body. My girlfriend will be driving it occasionally and I don't want her having too much difficulty in the transition since she mostly drives her 05 civic manual.

Still sad to see that white G destroyed....

Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by LegendC32A
Also do you guys drive with VDC on? I tried to gas my car through a corner like how I usually do with my Legends with the VDC option off and the car whipped and was rocking left and right and I had to regain control.

Any tips for that?

You know how I know your a ricer ? Please dont f*ck up a nice car . Here's a Tip, leave the VDC on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just got a G35, need some tips