G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

VDC off, slip AND ALARM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
VDC off, slip AND ALARM!

Ok, little backstory:

I recently hit a deer and had to get my car fixed. Finally picked it up yesterday and everything was normal EXCEPT the place the body shop used to have it aligned didn't "center" my steering wheel. So, to go straight, the steering wheel had to be turned slightly to the right. So I take it back today and they take care of it.

Here's the problem now:

As I'm on my way home from having the steering wheel centered, the VDC off and SLIP lights came on and stayed on. NO BRAKE LIGHTS ARE ON. If I turn the car off, and back on again, the lights will be off until I drive maybe a mile or so. I was just out to dinner with some friends, and I was driving home and (before the lights came on) I was accelerating kinda hard on an on-ramp and got this feeling like the ABS was engaging or something. It didn't really feel like the fuel-cutoff sensation of the traction control. Then a minute or so later, the same lights came on.

Then, I get home, park, and lock my car. I come inside and start reading through the (tons of) threads about these lights being on. I wasn't finding any that seemed to exactly fit my car's symptoms. But, while I'm reading threads, my alarm starts going off. WHAT THE DEUCE?

Also, brake fluid is full. I know some suggest that it may mean I will need new pads soon, but that seems funny considering how those lights didn't come on until after I took the car in to have the steering wheel centered.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like electrical ? check out if any exposed wire is present...

or maybe the poor deer soul is hunting your G35

Old 01-14-2011, 06:14 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i had a problem with mine where the abs would randomly engage while turning regular turns and sometimes the slip and vdc and abs lights would come on and off and on again it ended up being a loose wheel sensor. it was wiggling in n out and getting odd readings. maybe a front one got damaged in the accident?? as for the alarm i have no clue make sure your hood pin is in the right place.