G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What do you guys think about this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah it was pretty disgusting had racing slicks too so he cant drive it on the road anymore, strictly a track car.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
lol, had a friend whos gf drove a ****ing Aston Martin DB7 coupe... i only got to look... damn rich kids with their mommy and daddys money....

all things will fall into place.. things happen for a reason, bro.

ive been learning this the hard way.. with the law and such..

good luck with whatever happens.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:06 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by miniracer43
i would deffidently love the g37! I think anyone would take that over a g35. What i think my dad is trying to get at me with is that he doesnt want me driving that nice of a car. Im sure he would be fine buying a 17,000 k honda accord with like 15k miles on it. Ill sit down and talk to my mom and dad tomorrow. Hopefully, i can talk them into it. Also, im only 2 miles away from school and 4 miles away from the gym so i wont be using any gas except on the weekends.
Nevah. G37 sux. G35C FTMFW

Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miniracer, you seem like a responsible kid with a good head on your shoulders. Demonstrated a lot of good and fundamental thinking with your decisions. I personally think you're responsible enough to handle the finance side of things and you're definitely qualified in terms of knowing how to drive the car safely. Your dad should definitely be giving you your money back, it's not a good way to teach you to save responsibly by having the money disappear when you go looking for it.

Ultimately though, they're your parents and they can and will be able to prevent you from getting the car one way or the other. Imagine having the car against your dad's wishes and having your curfew set to 7pm. Parents have ways of making their kids conform while they're under the parents' roof.

I personally purchased a car when I was young and ended up regretting it. Not because I didn't enjoy the car, but because I was young and kept thinking about all the other things that I could do on a monthly basis instead of spending it on a vehicle/gas/insurance. A few hundred dollars every month spent on hanging out and taking trips with friends, skydiving, photography, classes, or whatever else pops into your mind is something you may not be able to have after you make a financial commitment like pulling out a loan.

Wish you the best of luck with your parents, just remember not to be like the guy from the "I just got a G35, need some tips" thread. =)

Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
i recomend buying something thats cheap on insurance like a decent golf or jetta spend about 3k for something thats reliable. Use this to get oyu around and to your jobs, school, etc for now. So in the next few years when you have saved up enough you can sell the car and not only will you have the money for the car you want. you will have driving experiance (insurance wise, i know you are a responcible driver so you say) and the insurance wont be AS bad becuase you have been with them for a couple years.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You could look at it this way. If you get a cheap car for the time being and continue to save up money for a G down the road, you could have more money for either a nicer G, or mods. And if you stay on this site, you will mod

Old 01-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
I feel for you man, I can tell how much you'd like to have a G35 and how hard you've worked for it and I won't try to tell you not to get one, they're a fun car and I love mine so it'd make no sense to tell you otherwise. I will however, ask you one question about your future: What are you going to do after high school? And the reason I ask that is so you can start to think about where you're going to be in a couple years and what you'll be able to continue paying (in terms of insurance, gas, and any possible car payments that may still be around). If you're planning on college, count on your income dropping significantly, even if you continue to work unless you're going to a community college and living at home, you'll have a lot less in your pocket than you're used to. If you plan on getting out of high school and working full-time then make sure you know you've got a decent job lined up that will afford you enough to pay for your incidentals. Believe me, stuff like that is hard to budget for, no matter how much time you pour over a budget there's almost always more to it than you think of the first time or two around.

Good luck with whatever happens man, you sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders and I'm sure you'll be alright either way, just keep a cool head and make the best decision you can.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
What are you driving now?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by sn618
Miniracer, you seem like a responsible kid with a good head on your shoulders. Demonstrated a lot of good and fundamental thinking with your decisions. I personally think you're responsible enough to handle the finance side of things and you're definitely qualified in terms of knowing how to drive the car safely. Your dad should definitely be giving you your money back, it's not a good way to teach you to save responsibly by having the money disappear when you go looking for it.

Ultimately though, they're your parents and they can and will be able to prevent you from getting the car one way or the other. Imagine having the car against your dad's wishes and having your curfew set to 7pm. Parents have ways of making their kids conform while they're under the parents' roof.

I personally purchased a car when I was young and ended up regretting it. Not because I didn't enjoy the car, but because I was young and kept thinking about all the other things that I could do on a monthly basis instead of spending it on a vehicle/gas/insurance. A few hundred dollars every month spent on hanging out and taking trips with friends, skydiving, photography, classes, or whatever else pops into your mind is something you may not be able to have after you make a financial commitment like pulling out a loan.

Wish you the best of luck with your parents, just remember not to be like the guy from the "I just got a G35, need some tips" thread. =)
I think this whole situation is just bull****. My parents haven't paid for any of my **** for the past 10 years. I pay for track entry which is about $25, all my bikes, karts, and gear for both. On the other hand my sister who is 13 now does cheerleading. My parents pay over 3k a year for her to do this. She travels YEARLY to vegas, california(3 times a year), orlando, and new york. I think its quite unfair how they support her and not me because they dont like my sport. I dont want to ruin my relationship with my parents just because of money. Kids around the world dont even get their own car when younger so i am extremely fortunate but the fact that we do have money and they throw all of it to my sister and not me makes me extremely mad.

I am diffidently going to college after i graduate from high school. If they would have agreed to pay what i pay, i would have to worry about monthly payments and all money would go towards gas, food and things to do on weekends, and clothes(hats, shoes, shirt, jeans since i have to pay for all that stuff too). I am going to talk to them tonight and see what happens.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by TannerG
What are you driving now?
dont have a car right now. Have been saving up for this.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Dude I understand where you are coming from and would be very pissed too. Good luck with the talk tonight.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
once you buyt his thing and finance it your going to be living paycheck to paycheck. its tough

Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by miniracer43
i would deffidently love the g37! I think anyone would take that over a g35.
I wouldn't.

Your dad is concerned about you and your safety with the car i am sure. There are alot of news stories and posts of how young drivers end up dead or seriously injured driving high power cars. I know i am lucky after some of the stuff i pulled when younger... I am sure you are a good driver, sounds like you have experience, but it all changes on the roads with other people and conditions - race tracks are much safer than public roads....

Good luck with your talk, hope you end up with something you like.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You seem really responsible compared to your average 16 year old. I remember wanting a sports car for my first car and ending up with my dad's Honda Accord V6. The reasoning being it was reliable, good on gas, and cheap to maintain. Sure enough it was all 3 of those. I just got my G this weekend and love it.

I think what your dad wants to do is keep you from buying a car on impulse and regretting the costs later. From what I've seen though, you worked your *** off to meet the deal with your dad, and IMO you deserve to make the decision, you just need to prove to him you are ready to. Also, there is no doubt you have the driving experience to know how to not be stupid on the street.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 PM
How much would you guys spend annually on maintaining it and misc. repairs?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this?