G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Motordyne ART Pipes and Spacer Combo.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Motordyne ART Pipes and Spacer Combo.

So i found a really good deal on ART pipes and 5/16 spacers. I have a totally stock G35 coupe 5at and im looking to add these to my lineup.

My biggest question is Oil Consumption, Back when i thought my car had it(doesnt thank god) i read that some forum members start consuming oil after they added breather mods. Im not entirely certain but my real concern is will a spacer and art pipes cause me to burn oil? Do i need a tune?

When i get them on i plan to run a dyno and post the results also

Old 01-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
No, breather mods will not cause the OC issue.

IMO, It was just bad timing for the OC issue to rear it's ugly head.
The only other explanation could be that they were just driving their cars so much harder after modding in order to experience the extra power/sound.
Could have prematurely caused the OC issue, dunno

I wouldn't bother doing a tune unless you know you will not be doing
anymore breather mods for a while.
Cause another retune will be in order if you add any other substantial mods.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
All im looking to do is make my car faster. Belive it or not, i rolled up next to a Maxima and he beat me in a 0-80mph sprint. By about half a car length. I had winter tires on my car and my buddy in the passenger side too. But i feel like the 05+ maximas shouldnt be able to beat a 05 G35 with a passenger lol.

I was seriously pissed when he pulled away in 3rd. Both are auto btw. After the Art, spacer, and exhaust im done performance modding.

But anyways i NEED to get some low end torque and i dont wanna cause OC.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Great choices, you'll definitely get that low end power. Since you're gonna dyno your car afterwards, tell them to give you the A/F reading so you'll know whether you need a tune or not.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
By installing MotorDynes spacer and art pipes along with some decent rubber you shouldn't have a problem leaving the max in the dust. Working on your reaction time may be your biggest advantage, being slow doesn't work no matter what you drive.... What track do you guys race at....? smirk
Gary

Old 01-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Well im looking to change back to my summer wheels here when all the Mag-Chloride from winter is gone. Thats another 2 months though. I have a nice new set of summer performance tires too. But right now im rolling on stock 18's with blizacks.

Lol the track was a local road by my house thats only really used for my family to get home. So a closed course? hahaha.

We both launched at the EXACT same time i swear. We both where equal until 3rd gear and he started to inch away until he was quarter car in front... I didnt know the VQ's in those miximas where tunes like the G's. He had an aftermarket exhaust and a spacer too but i thought i could sill take him. Dangit!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Do it! Tune is not necessary but will help to free up some more ponies!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by thatattguy
I didnt know the VQ's in those miximas where tunes like the G's.
Its also FWD which means less power loss to the wheels. Was it an auto or a stick? Our auto trannys rob a lot of power from the engine.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The maximas are surprisingly quick but I wouldn't think they would be able to beat a G. I believe they are lighter than the Gs though. Eitherway the G is way more fun to drive. I can't wait to install the 5/16th spacer! I hope to see low end gains on my 04 5AT.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
herrschaft is right. fwd cars can put more to the wheels than rwd. plus he's no longer stock so its not really a fair comparison anymore. stock vs stock i think a g wins but even then only slightly.

Originally Posted by iceguju
The maximas are surprisingly quick but I wouldn't think they would be able to beat a G. I believe they are lighter than the Gs though. Eitherway the G is way more fun to drive. I can't wait to install the 5/16th spacer! I hope to see low end gains on my 04 5AT.
the spacer only gives like 1-4 hp gain from 2k rpm to 4.5k rpm. only ater 4.5k rpm do hp gains go above 5.

Last edited by BonBG35; 01-29-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to recall someone on here saying if you're putting on ART pipes that a tune would be highly recommended...

Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Exactly i remember the same thing but idk where i heard it from. Perhaps tony from motordyne will chime in...

--Okay if you had to pick, would you guys buy:--

-Motordyne ISO 5/16 spacer copper
-Greddy AXLE BACK spectrum elite dual tip exhaust
-Motordyne Art Pipes

--OR--

invidia Gemini Dual CATBACK exhaust
Motordyne ART pipes.

You all are great for helping me with this by the way!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by msommers
I seem to recall someone on here saying if you're putting on ART pipes that a tune would be highly recommended...
It depends on your other mods. If all you have done is replaced the cats then its not necessary but with any mods done a tune will continue to increase hp/tq.
I would not go with either of them... I would get the plenum spacer and ART pipes and save up for MDs shockwave v2 with resonators... Sounds amazing. But if you had to I would go with greddy over invidia.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^+1. You should be ok without the tune if you just have the spacer and ART pipes. You'll definitely need one after you complete all your breather mods. You'll know for sure once you dyno it. I had to get a retune after I got my pipes on....

Old 01-29-2011, 08:16 PM
if you want performance then neither of those exhausts.

and you don't need a tune unless you have other breather mods. plus you'd want to get it after you get all your mods or else you will have to retune and spend more $

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne ART Pipes and Spacer Combo.