G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Questions About G's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LowerIt
coming from a bmw 335...i have the option to get another one, or get a used G and save some money.

well i had to many problems with my 335, and honestly its not worth the 35K+ that i paid for that car. Thank the LEMON law, that gave me a full refund on the car.

At this point id rather pay cash to get the G, and save some money for dark days. Its also easier to maintain, i don't have to worry that my fuel pump is gonna die, and im gonna get stuck in the middle of nowhere. Thats just a couple.

Id rather have this car payed off cheaper insurance, etc. Many factors come in place. And it looks nice, sounds really good for a stock car, and i save over 20k+.

You decide, you be the judge, it all comes down to your personal needs.
I looked into the 335i, and OMG what I found about those fuel pumps lol. It may be fast with those twin turbos, but I couldn't deal with the headache of the maintenance. And Insurance surprised me on how low it is. Dad wanted me to get a Acura TL and it was lower on the G 35 Coupe. So now I'm just waiting a week or two to get the G. Hopefully no one gets it by then. My last car I had was free, but had blown speakers, so I'm just looking forward to the Bose and putting my subs into the G. Then going from 187 HP to around 300 is fun too. First thing I wanna do is tint then rims, and thats about it for exterior. Everything else will go to sound and performance.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good luck on the purchase Crazy. You're making a wise decision. The G is a great car. Not the fastest one out there but like others have previously mentioned, puts a smile on my face every time I see her. Gets lots of compliments as well as it's a sharp ride. Have fun bro.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mustang never has been, nor will it ever be a luxury ride. Even if you get an Original Shelby, it's not a luxury car and won't impress in the same way as a G. Mustangs are sporty race cars that occasionaly can look nice. The interior is garbage however, and it will never impress the way a G does. Truth be told though the mustang isn't trying to. Mustangs are designed for "Good Old Boys" and whther that means they're in High School, or going through a mid life crisis, the mustang will never be the kind of car that makes someone go "wow". If you want to build a race car... go with a mustang. If you want cheap service expenses.. go with a mustang. If you want to fit in with the crowd... Drive a mustang. If you want something that is guarenteed to get attention... Drive a G.

For the record, My wife, her sister, and her mom all drove Mustangs. Add in all the other females I've known that have driven mustangs and to me, it seems the mustang has gone female. Meanwhile I'm the only G owner, (My uncle bought a brand new 370z when they came out but sold it 3 months later and bought a Porshe) in my family, and one of only 4 in my entire city. (Coupe wise). If you want to stand out buy the G.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by TripleHBK
Mustang never has been, nor will it ever be a luxury ride. Even if you get an Original Shelby, it's not a luxury car and won't impress in the same way as a G. Mustangs are sporty race cars that occasionaly can look nice. The interior is garbage however, and it will never impress the way a G does. Truth be told though the mustang isn't trying to. Mustangs are designed for "Good Old Boys" and whther that means they're in High School, or going through a mid life crisis, the mustang will never be the kind of car that makes someone go "wow". If you want to build a race car... go with a mustang. If you want cheap service expenses.. go with a mustang. If you want to fit in with the crowd... Drive a mustang. If you want something that is guarenteed to get attention... Drive a G.

For the record, My wife, her sister, and her mom all drove Mustangs. Add in all the other females I've known that have driven mustangs and to me, it seems the mustang has gone female. Meanwhile I'm the only G owner, (My uncle bought a brand new 370z when they came out but sold it 3 months later and bought a Porshe) in my family, and one of only 4 in my entire city. (Coupe wise). If you want to stand out buy the G.
I think all muscle cars except maybe the Challenger are starting to be girl cars. Its crazy the amount of Camaros and Mustangs with females driving them. And most the women add odd color schemes together. The most recent and uglest camaro i've seen was silver, but the hood and top parts of the doors were red, but the roof was the silver color, with a red stripe down the middle. I love American muscle, but I can't with the amount of people who have them and uglyfy them. I'm now a Japanese car lover.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buy the G, put some nice rims on her with a sweet drop & stance, and watch the heads turn. To me, when you do the above, there's no other cars out there that can touch her in the looks department for the same price tag.

The G has such sweet curves. lol

Old 02-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by messinax
Buy the G, put some nice rims on her with a sweet drop & stance, and watch the heads turn. To me, when you do the above, there's no other cars out there that can touch her in the looks department for the same price tag.

The G has such sweet curves. lol
I'm looking around for rims right now. I really like the look of the 20" Vossen VVS-CV2 Concave Wheels. Still looking though. Undecided on lower too. I know I want to, just researching now. 15% or 20% will be my tint for that extra pop. 30% on the front windshield.