Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Nitto or hankook..

Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tibasnatch
so after I had them put back on the old tires the road noise is pretty much gone...looks like they may have out the inner tread wear to the outside....may just stick with these until they get worse.
Didn't you say these were bald? This is a bad idea. You are going to end up like the Acura Legend guy who totaled his G in less than a week....

Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
so true i have evos and i love them! theyre great handling tires and last. not bad road noise either and they were rated better than most tires that are 400 a piece. my rears were like 550 total for 2 and just bought two for the front and that was another 490... hankook makes good tires though

Dont get me wrong but it seems like you over paid for your tires. Here in LA theres shop that sell you the tires for about $550 all around. Thats if your running stock 19'.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Conti ExtremeContact DW

Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zioxx
Dont get me wrong but it seems like you over paid for your tires. Here in LA theres shop that sell you the tires for about $550 all around. Thats if your running stock 19'.
ya...imma say myth to that. this tire is at least 199.99 a piece and thats for a 245. the 275 was a little more, and i have a hankook dc right here in chicago i get them shipped to discount tire co and they put em on for me

Old 02-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got my hankook v12's for $175 a piece from discountiredirect.com free shipping no tax

Old 02-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tibasnatch
Just got my G and i knew I would need tires....they are a bit bald on the inside....so I bought some like new 80% tred tires....put them on and the road noise is 10x worse...POS tires....so I had to have them put back on the old ones cause I can live with that...

so what 2 tires should i get....looking to go cheap....the ones that were on them were NEXEN.......also would u recommend an alignment?
Used tires??? That means they were put on another car(assuming not yours) and worn 20%, then put on your car. This is never going to end well.

As others said, I wouldn't want to skimp on tires or brakes. Those are the things that save you when things don't go as planned.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i put Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires on my mom's G coupe and my step mom's G coupe and they both love them

smooth quiet ride and they handle great, only thing i do not like is the soft sidewalls

overall a great tire for the price

www.Tirerack.com has great prices and they are a vendor on this site

Old 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
That argument can be said for ANY part. Buy a G, gotta get the best gas, oil, tire wipes, wipers, stickers, neon lights... etc.

Thing is, ya bought sub $20k car. If you wanted the BEST, you'd have bought a better car.

So, put a good tire on them, many will do and many are junk. Read reviews, a lot of reviews.

It's a used car, not a Bugatti.

Edit: I love the car, don't get me wrong. It's why I bought one and opted not for a new car. I just think it needs to be kept in perspective, and to counter a few previous posts. I firmly believe a quality tire is necessary, but not to be bashed for not buying high end tires.

Last edited by jstudrawa; 02-09-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG35
Conti ExtremeContact DW
Continental ftw. I have dws's and love them. nice quiet riding tire. Although they are quite spendy

Old 02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I recommend the Neogen. They are great for our cars since our car has bad suspension straight from the factory.

They don't come in a lot of good sizes, but you can get them close enough within oem spec.

I have 19's and I might get the neogen, but if the shop say no can do, I'll get the hankooks.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 AM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My 06 6MT, which I bought used for $17k, came with Kumho SPTs on it. I have been very impressed with these tires and will likely buy them again. They handle great, wet traction is good and believe it or not they did okay in the snow a few weeks ago (not good, not great but not a disaster either...but, its a summer tire).

They are not the cheapest tire but they are far from the most expensive. The Hankooks are a little less but not much. (I just put 33" Hankook mud tires on my pickup but have not had enough time to assess them well.)

The SPTs are a little noisy up front and are starting to wear on the inside edges. From what I've read and seen both of these problems probably have more to do with the suspension geometry on these cars than the tires themselves.

Based on a recommendation from someone here, I'm going to have the fronts unmounted and swapped so the inside edge will now be on the outside. This should allow me to squeeze another 5-10k out of these.

Anyway, I think the Kumhos are one of the less expensive true performance tires and the do perform very well in dry and wet.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's and I love them. They have done well at the track and do great in the rain. If you drive in wet conditions get the Hankooks, if not, look into Nitto NT05's.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by jstudrawa
That argument can be said for ANY part. Buy a G, gotta get the best gas, oil, tire wipes, wipers, stickers, neon lights... etc.
Thing is, ya bought sub $20k car. If you wanted the BEST, you'd have bought a better car.
So, put a good tire on them, many will do and many are junk. Read reviews, a lot of reviews.
It's a used car, not a Bugatti.
Edit: I love the car, don't get me wrong. It's why I bought one and opted not for a new car. I just think it needs to be kept in perspective, and to counter a few previous posts. I firmly believe a quality tire is necessary, but not to be bashed for not buying high end tires.
........this is some funny ****! I didn't buy my coupe used, tire wipes, stickers and neon lights aren't in the pic either. Bugatti, I don't know anyone that could afford one especially one from the '30s when they were cool. Quality tires are available without spending a fortune but don't complain when the "Junkyard Dogs" don't last!
Gary

Old 02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Continental ExtremeContact DW. It's a nicer riding, quieter, better gripping (wet and dry) PS2 for half the price. The only negative is there is slightly less initial turn in response (due to slightly softer sidewalk that contributes to ride quality), but I doubt you'll be able to tell. The comparison was done on a BMW 3 Series, which is like a go kart compared to our cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tires suck.....