G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

To easy to get a Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To easy to get a Coupe

Is it me, or is really easy to get a G35 Coupe (probably just in the LA area). It took me one day to find the one I wanted. Fully packaged 6mt. The dealer I went to had 2 new one and just arrived to their lot and was getting prepped. By the time I got there 4 hours later, one was sold and I grabbed the other one.

The last 5 days, I have various dealers calling me everyday that they have the coupe I was looking for. It seems it is getting easier to pick one up. I was thinking of ordering one, but thank god LA has 8+ dealers withing a 100 miles I guess.

Old 04-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Re: To easy to get a Coupe

It was easy to get one when I got mine in Feb and I think it's easier in general to get one where there's a major population center. They seem to be getting a bit more scarce in Atlanta - dealers used to have more than 5 or 10 and now have none or less than 5. It's really hard to find a 6MT in this area now..

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 04-17-2003, 11:46 AM

You guys are lucky.
Theres only 2 STEALERSHIPS in Colorado,
One WANTS to make a profit rather than selling the car.
The other has cars that are rejects that no one wants.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Running for his life!!

Heh.. Seriously, call ever single dealership in the LA Area. They will call you back and you will find what you want. Also use all the online tools to find you car too in LA.

What was funny was, that I didn't realize I called Cerritos Infiniti twice. When I was signing the contract for my car, a sales person called my cell phone and said "This Jane from Infiniti Cerritos, we just got a car that meets your specs.". I was like "DOH, i'm already here picking my new car" . I kind of felt like crap. Not sure which sales person I called first. All I know I just reacted to the one who followup with my request the quickest.

G35C 6MT / E55

Old 04-17-2003, 12:17 PM

In canada, (toronto area) we are on a 3 month waiting list. Deliveries are to the day of 3 months.

You guys are quite lucky.

CanG35c

Old 04-17-2003, 02:34 PM

The internet is a wonderful thing. I live in Oregon where we only have ONE dealership for the entire state. My experience with them was "okay" but they didn't have the coupe i wanted. So, I just called a bunch of dealerships in California, found the one I wanted, and had it shipped up. No muss, no fuss. (and no tax either! =)

Old 04-17-2003, 02:44 PM

It's just you...or your area. In my neck of the woods...NC...the wait list is still outrageous and my dealership has 27 Sedans in stock and zero coupes.
Typical wait is 8-9 weeks.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:27 PM

I live in a major population center, metro Philadelphia, where we have like 6 Infiniti dealers within less than an hour of my home. There are still waiting lists for the coupe, especially if you want the 6MT.

Consider yourself lucky! I wouldn't call your experience typical, even at this point in the model year, and not even in a major population center.

Oh and by the way, congrats! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 04-17-2003, 06:57 PM

I got my G35c way back in November with no waiting.....call me lucky, but I went to the dealer late one night and the delivery truck had just off-loaded the exact G that I wanted and bought. This was in S-California. The Infiniti and Nissan dealers are loaded with G35 Coupes and Z's.

You guys from out of state should come out here to pick yourself up one.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Even fewer available here in Cambridge: Nearest dealer is Guelph, next nearest is London (and Toronto) . Peeps on our W/Lists are waiting at least 3 months. I was lucky, I got the first Coupe sold from London Infiniti, (and one of the first Sedans they sold last year).
As someone said, 6 speeds are rare; Autos not so much.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-17-2003, 08:12 PM

Yeah, but even for those who are closer to CA, I don't think many out-of-staters would want California Emissions on their cars.

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 04-17-2003, 08:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought all our cars had the same emission standards. Or is it only a level of CAFE?
If the cars built for Cali are pollution equipped/controlled to a different level, would there be a difference in performance? Anyone------------[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they have to do something extra for CA, then yes, performance would suffer a little. I thought most car companies managed to build 50-state cars these days, though.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-17-2003, 08:32 PM

Maybe they all do by now, I'm not sure. I just know for decades, CA had more strict emission controls, as well as a small handful of other states.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To easy to get a Coupe