G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

is the g35 a drivers car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
So first you compare the G35 to your boyfriends Miata and Porsche (not knocking your sexual preferance), and try to say it wouldnt be far behind in cornoring... sorry but your wrong. Then you try to use the reverse argument agaisnt the Turbo Sonata, then you would be wrong again. It would most likely match or be right behind the G35 on a track. I promise you that you car would barely out perform a 2T Sonata (it would be very close) in straight line or track. They have a better power to weight ratio, upgraded suspension, and start to spool at 2k rpms.

I have done about 15 track days between my procharged firebird, my turbo charged rsx, my super charged G35, my sprayed G35, and my sprayed Yamaha R1. Also attended the Bondurant racing school when I lived in Arizona. I am not claiming to be professional by any means, but driving a car is not new to me kid.

You are just like every single fan boy kid I see on all the forums. Every SRT4, RSX, Civic SI, Mustang, Mazda 3 ect owner thinks his car is the fastest thing in the world and it can easily hang with or even out perform obviously better cars witht the right driver. But you do not drive a performance car, it is an over weight entry level luxury car.

Put the magazines down? You are the one trying to quote random R&T articles. Try driving a real performance car then come back and talk to me.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let's play a different game. Would anyone who says the G35 coupe is not a driver's car say that the Ferrari 348 TB/TS is a driver's car?

If you said no, well, either you live in the rarified air of the super car owners or you don't know what you're talking about.

If you said yes, then you'd have to explain yourself since it has nearly identical horsepower, 0-60 and top speed as an 06 6MT, even though it weighs 500 pounds less.

So maybe you'd say that the Ferrari 348 was a driver's car back then but isn't now. Is that possible? How did it become less of a driver's car?

The point is, whether or not a car meets some arbitrary criteria of 'driver's car' does not have that much to do with what other cars can do. A car is either a driver's car or it is not. Time and other cars don't change that. A BMW 2002 and a Datsun 510 are and always will be driver's cars and their stats look sad compared to a G35.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If HP makes the G35 a driver's car, than the Nissan Maxima must be a better driver's car. lol

It all depends on your PREFERENCE. My previous car was a S2K and a Integra GSR. Both those cars have a better feel than the G has. You have more control and it has a better response.

None of that Drive by wire BS.

I drove to Vegas from Cali in the GSR and didn't have any problems. Even my passengers were comfortable. In the G35, I drove 2 hours to Pechanga and it was very uncomfortable.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:27 PM
No old legacy ferraris are not drivers cars. Only a retard would think that. They are collectors cars. They are not powerful, comfortable or anything, they simply look good and worth alot of money.

Do I have to take you by the hand and teach you everything? Things change over time and standards adjust. Just like this forum use to be a good place to go for information and was not full or retards. But obviously that changes with time.

OK Kid, I will play by your example
10 years ago she looked like this

Now she looks like this

Still going to call her hot?

Now you are trying to compare the G35 to old Ferraris? Really? Common sense is simply lost on you.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 PM
N80
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
(not knocking your sexual preferance)
Why would you? You don't like girls?

and try to say it wouldnt be far behind in cornoring... sorry but your wrong.
Tell him that. He races a 944 and drives a Boxter. He finds that the G35 stands up well to his Boxter.

I do not know anything about Sonatas and was not making any argument about them.

driving a car is not new to me kid.
That makes your lack of knowledge all the more puzzling. Kid.

You are just like every single fan boy kid I see on all the forums. Every SRT4, RSX, Civic SI, Mustang, Mazda 3 ect owner thinks his car is the fastest thing in the world and it can easily hang with or even out perform obviously better cars witht the right driver. But you do not drive a performance car, it is an over weight entry level luxury car.
Wow. How do you know that? Where is 'performance car' defined? And make no mistake, I'm no fanboy. I know exactly what the limitations of this car are. You seem not to. You list the 350Z in your fanatsy list but not a G35 coupe? Seriously?

Put the magazines down?
Hit a nerve?

You are the one trying to quote random R&T articles.
Nope. Just the raw data.

Try driving a real performance car then come back and talk to me.
You know, you seem to have everybody pegged. If we think our car is a 'driver's car'.....as yet undefined.....you immediately lump us into brand fanboys.

Why don't I play your game and size you up? You're the know-it-all that has paid for a few track days where you either stayed in the slow pack or had to be removed from the track for poor driving and who has tinkered with a few off-the-shelf cars and now thinks its his job to go around busting bubbles (but either can't bust them or can't really find any to bust). You're not a racer, but you have pretended to be one and that's makes everyone else a deluded fanboy. Is that fair? No? Too bad.

See my previous post.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 PM
N80
No old legacy ferraris are not drivers cars.
That's all I needed to hear. Thanks.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by N80
Let's play a different game. Would anyone who says

So maybe you'd say that the Ferrari 348 was a driver's car back then but isn't now. Is that possible? How did it become less of a driver's car?

Time and other cars don't change that..
Ok Kid.

Here is the Ford 999. It was the fastest race car in the world in 1902. It has 75 hp and set the world speed record for 112 mph. It was the ultimate drivers car then, comparable to a bugatti veyron now.

You still consider it a drivers car? I thought time didnt cant change that.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
That is exactly my point, only a retard would consider a Sonata a performance car. It is nothing but a comfortable commuter car. But they have very similar power and weight (though the Sonata will respond better to simple mods).

To call a G35 a performance car would be exactly like calling a Sonata a performance car. Plus most people here do not have the an 07 or 08, they have an 03 or 04.

EDIT

HA HA BlkCoupe deleted his post because he helped prove my point.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 03-02-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nuff said

Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
That is exactly my point, only a retard would consider a Sonata a performance car. It is nothing but a comfortable commuter car. But they have very similar power and weight (though the Sonata will respond better to simple mods).

To call a G35 a performance car would be exactly like calling a Sonata a performance car. Plus most people here do not have the an 07 or 08, they have an 03 or 04.

EDIT

HA HA BlkCoupe deleted his post because he helped prove my point.
No that's not the reason at all. I am just sick and tired of the BS spewed forth by you and JibberJabbers. You don't own a G anymore but still have to come on here and trash talk. I just decided posting in these threads is a complete waste of time and I didn't feel the need to feed your obvious need for attention.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
1989 Mercury Cougar XR7 w/ 5-speed.

Perfect drivers car. Fat, heavy, and more torque than a Mustang GT.

What's not to love?!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
No that's not the reason at all. I am just sick and tired of the BS spewed forth by you and JibberJabbers. You don't own a G anymore but still have to come on here and trash talk. I just decided posting in these threads is a complete waste of time and I didn't feel the need to feed your obvious need for attention.
So your first post where you basically said the exact same thing I have been saying, was a complete waste of time (you even spent the time googleing all the Sonata specs).

But coming back to delete it and post again about how it was a waste of time, must have obviously not been a waste of time.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you basing all of your comparisons on a high mileage 04 coupe? that may be your problem.

Is my 07 coupe a drivers car? yes.
Is it a sports car, performance car, or whatever other qualifier you may have? no.

It is a drivers car because of reasons mentioned previously, handles well (yes, not great), has enough power (not so sure bout an 04) to get up and go but ...

IT IS A LUXURY COUPE

why have people forgotten that Infiniti is Nissan's luxury brand...

was my 02 wrx a better drivers car? yes it snapped my neck plenty of times, i could feel every groove in my flywheel, and it also rode like a brick and could feel every damn pebble it went over...