G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Could this be real??? An Accord???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really think that was a driver, i raced an 04 accord v6 2dr. 6mt and i was able to get 'em c'mon now guys its a SOHC 3.0 V6 (V-Tec) vs DOHC 3.5 V6......I dont bother racing a honda unless your a Accord V6, a TL or a S2000, but a Civic SI or RSX Type S please

Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I believe it. G35 coupe, it looks nice...That's about it....

Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Bozo954
.enroute getting their butts kicked by our dressed up, gussied up, 350Zs.

Hell, a frickin Honda S2000 can't even deal with us. And this is just after the same Accords & TSXs get smashed by their little-bitty S2000 relatives.
Post a video of you out running an S2k on twists with half decent driver (doesn't even have to be good and he'll be all over you and past)

And no, you have a fattened up, longer, poorer handling version of the Z. Don't think just because you have the same motor, transmission and suspension that your car handles exactly like a Z, it's far from it.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Regardless, g35 coupe vs accord coupe vs chicks..

/thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
yes i can't wait to read all of the kill stories to come

Old 03-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm hurt.............then your alarm clock went off. Keep dreamin, my friend to the North.

What ya said looked good, sounded good, I'm sure made ya feel good.

But the numbers DON'T back you up...........our glorified 2+2 Z - minus the hatch, of course - posted similar or better numbers than the oh-so-great 350Z.

I did my research 'fore I bought the car, so don't even try it. Maybe in Canada; not here.

We may be fat boys, but we're fat, athletic fat boys.

I mean, damn!! At least bring a race-bred Evo or WRX to the fight.........not a knife-weilding girly beech-mobile.

What's next, a Mazda Miata?

Oooh. I'm scaaaaaaaaared.

Originally Posted by 4DGS
Post a video of you out running an S2k on twists with half decent driver (doesn't even have to be good and he'll be all over you and past)

And no, you have a fattened up, longer, poorer handling version of the Z. Don't think just because you have the same motor, transmission and suspension that your car handles exactly like a Z, it's far from it.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm hurt.............then your alarm clock went off. Keep dreamin, my friend to the North.

But the numbers DON'T back you up...........our glorified 2+2 Z - minus the hatch, of course - posted similar or better numbers than the oh-so-great 350Z.

I did my research 'fore I bought the car, so don't even try it. Maybe in Canada; not here.

I mean, damn!! At least bring a race-bred Evo or WRX to the fight.........not a knife-weilding girly beech-mobile.

Eh?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't see the G as a drag or stop light racer so this sort of thing doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I find the 6MT to be quite hard to launch well. I think the clutch is tricky and the ratio between 1st and second is too short.

Now, put those two cars in the curves and its a whole other story.

Can the smaller roadsters handle the curves as well or better. Maybe. So what? You can't fit a briefcase in one of them much less luggage for a weekend trip.

The way I look at it is that the G is an excellent touring car. It is reasonably fast. It is reasonably comfortable. It handles very well for its size. I looks better than anything on the road that isn't from Italy and costs less than your house. And you can fit your significant other and a weekend worth of luggage in it. There aren't many other cars for the price that do all that any better.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by N80
I don't see the G as a drag or stop light racer so this sort of thing doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I find the 6MT to be quite hard to launch well. I think the clutch is tricky and the ratio between 1st and second is too short.

Now, put those two cars in the curves and its a whole other story.

Can the smaller roadsters handle the curves as well or better. Maybe. So what? You can't fit a briefcase in one of them much less luggage for a weekend trip.

The way I look at it is that the G is an excellent touring car. It is reasonably fast. It is reasonably comfortable. It handles very well for its size. I looks better than anything on the road that isn't from Italy and costs less than your house. And you can fit your significant other and a weekend worth of luggage in it. There aren't many other cars for the price that do all that any better.
Wow, very well said in my opinion, N80.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you pause the video at 8 seconds you can see the red light on the tree that shows that the accord jumped the start.

We can all sleep tonight

Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 AM

This just got fun.

1. You're dropped on springs and you think your car handles great... (Htechs none the less)
2. You have a skyline converted G.... Oh really? Looks LHD to me and some silly badges.
3. You have a tein sticker on your window, just to show fend off S2000s that might want to take it to the canyons with you.
4. You're on 20s that are probably 15lbs heavier each per wheel than the wheels your car came with (assuming your car has the sport pack which I'm starting to doubt)
5. You've considered 21s if I remember correctly? Or at least a diameter rake with them (that'll make it handle great!)
6. You lack sways, the one thing this car needs most in order to handle half decent.
7. Smoked tails (illegal on most autox or street courses)
8. Last but not least your car is automatic!

So please next time you go to the "track" make sure you bring some yellow tape and blinking LEDs to put on your car when the 6mt S2000 or Miata walks by you and laughs.

If you didn't have your head up your ***, you would know the Miata is one the best handling cars ever made and with a small amount of boost it's power to weight ratio will make your G look like the fat pig it is.

Eh?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
This just got fun.

1. You're dropped on springs and you think your car handles great... (Htechs none the less)
2. You have a skyline converted G.... Oh really? Looks LHD to me and some silly badges.
3. You have a tein sticker on your window, just to show fend off S2000s that might want to take it to the canyons with you.
4. You're on 20s that are probably 15lbs heavier each per wheel than the wheels your car came with (assuming your car has the sport pack which I'm starting to doubt)
5. You've considered 21s if I remember correctly? Or at least a diameter rake with them (that'll make it handle great!)
6. You lack sways, the one thing this car needs most in order to handle half decent.
7. Smoked tails (illegal on most autox or street courses)
8. Last but not least your car is automatic!

So please next time you go to the "track" make sure you bring some yellow tape and blinking LEDs to put on your car when the 6mt S2000 or Miata walks by you and laughs.

If you didn't have your head up your ***, you would know the Miata is one the best handling cars ever made and with a small amount of boost it's power to weight ratio will make your G look like the fat pig it is.

Eh?

But wait, my car is auto ..

Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 AM
But you're not claiming it to out perform and out handle 6mt 2 seaters.

My G is auto too, my Z is 6mt.

Last edited by 4DGS; 03-16-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
Old 03-16-2011, 12:39 AM
LOL 4DG and Euro..

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Could this be real??? An Accord???