G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2004 coupe 105,000 miles...What needs to be done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
Missed out on the Brembos, but they're in my future as soon as I get this SES thing figure out.. Light came on after installing the SC... Because I lack the ability, and knowledge to do the work myself, it's a little more difficult because I have to rely on somebody else to do the work.. But I''m acquiring a pretty good pit team..but it takes me longer to get that cash together..

Where did you order your replacement brake, rotor etc...? Not sure if it's against the rules, so feel free to PM me....Thanks.
no sweat no secret took it to a chain here called Just Brakes.
they took care of everything.. so far so good nice and quiet stops like a banshee no rattles squeels howls.. no nothing.. and lifetime warranty on the pads themselves so free replacement when they wear out.
They did have much more expensive part options but I just wanted the OEM equivalent.
didn't need slotted or drilled.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by felixsc300
This is kind of a no-brainer. I'm sure anyone could figure that out.

Anyways, one thing I know for sure that needs to be replaced at 105k are spark plugs; my service advisor warned me about that (my G is at 98.6k miles). Check the belts for any cracks, plus the level of cooling system fluid. Do the brakes squeal? How about tire pressure/tire tread? Also check the air filter, if its very filthy you may want to replace it.

Yes, my brake squeals a bit. I also recently changed my air filter with a fram one. Do you think I can do the spark plugs myself or are they pretty difficult to get to?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Differential fluid
Tranny flush
Cabin air filter
Coolant flush
Power steering flush
Wipers/washer fluid
Hoses
Axel Grease/Check
Suspension
Bushings
Ball joints
Compression arms
Steering gear and linkage
Lube locks and hinges
Wheel bearings
Brake lines
Fuel lines/connections

When I hit 90k.. in about 8 months or so.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also just noticed a clicking or ticking noise tonight when I parked my car in the garage. Is that normal?

Old 03-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by dragonv
I also just noticed a clicking or ticking noise tonight when I parked my car in the garage. Is that normal?
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Sounds like the axle click. With the car stopped, accelerate slowly and you should here a clicking sound.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...xle-fixed.html
http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drive...rear-axle.html
Could be this

Old 03-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what service at 105k...

Infiniti can actually look up maintenance records on your car, even if they have to request it from 'corporate' - if you give your VIN to a cooperative dealer near you. (That's assuming prior owner used a dealer to do maintenance).

Otherwise, you can go to their website and lookup the periodic service plan to see what inifiniti recommends at every service period... and ask a mechanic to check out your car to see which they believe have been performed recently.

Until then, at least you can start doing basic maintenance (minor service stuff like oil, fluids, lubs, filters, etc).

You've probably already done... ciao

Old 03-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Houston5.0Jay
no sweat no secret took it to a chain here called Just Brakes.
they took care of everything.. so far so good nice and quiet stops like a banshee no rattles squeels howls.. no nothing.. and lifetime warranty on the pads themselves so free replacement when they wear out.
They did have much more expensive part options but I just wanted the OEM equivalent.
didn't need slotted or drilled.
Appreciate it...

Old 03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
The back of the brake pads need to be greased, that will help keep them from squealing. I had a problem with this not too long ago, I bought new pads because my car was squealing loudly. When I went to swap them out I noticed the old pads were barely worn and identical in size to the new pads. I threw the new pads on anyways and they still squealed.

Go get some brake grease and that should fix it.
Huh. Did not know that, I thought it was something I have to live with. Thanks for the heads-up.