G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Base radio in g35 coupe worst I've ever heard.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maclovio
Maybe i'm use to s%ith...cause I'm happy with my Bose + Sub and a Epic Center Eq for added bass. I'm just thinking about replacing the tweeters
NON-Bose

Old 03-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by icrazy2u
Or you could just power the speakers with a amp... I use a 2 channel amp to power speakers and subs on my old car, and it made the stock speakers louder. So aftermarket speakers should be much louder. I need a 4 channel though.
Yep, I may need to do just that.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Iagent
Oh yes, they work exactly the same. You do realize that I have the Non-Bose system right? I might not have been clear about that.
Stock and aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm. I actually think there is no major difference after the 6.5 change. I just expected so much more.
As for the sub addition, I just ended up with more bass and still have the boom in front. An equalizer would fix this, but the wiring would be a nightmare.
Link to speakers you put in? If they aren't complete trash I can guarantee you are severely underpowering them trying to run them off a stock system. Pretty much no car can drive aftermarket speakers on stock setup, they aren't comparable much less interchangeable.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
Link to speakers you put in? If they aren't complete trash I can guarantee you are severely underpowering them trying to run them off a stock system. Pretty much no car can drive aftermarket speakers on stock setup, they aren't comparable much less interchangeable.
Okay, here they are:
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/SR65-P605.aspx

Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Affalterbach
Do you mean Bose? Because I am fairly satisfied with my Bose sound system and don't plan on touching it. If you meant Base like bottom of the barrel, then yeah most Base sound systems suck *** on any car.
Stock Bose sucks rocks..

still replacing mine..
head unit replaced with Pioneer 3200DVD DD with video override and XM and BT modules installed.

had a custom box built and installed with a Kicker 12 L7 and a Memphis Amp.
Box sounds good takes about half the trunk which is fine. is custom fit to the rear so that the amp is mounted flush in the rear of the box and visible with LEDs through the Seat pass through hole when the seat is down.

Appearance we are still tuning though we tried it with Black Vinyl covering with Infiniti embossed in it but neither the shop nor I were impressed with it.
They are going to recover it in matching carpet and then do a custom grill with LEDs as well.
will post pics when I'm happy with the custom work.

next up is to replace all the factory Bose speakers with some Focal's and another Memphis amp.

The Bose speakers are really crap they sound so muddy in comparison with good separates.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
What?? My Bose system has not distorted or blown out or anything! Not even once, and I have owned my car for almost three years. And the bass is good, I turn the bass up when I listen to heavy music so I can here the bass drum. I don't listen to rap/hip-hop though. That might be why it has sounded so good.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by willis555
What?? My Bose system has not distorted or blown out or anything! Not even once, and I have owned my car for almost three years. And the bass is good, I turn the bass up when I listen to heavy music so I can here the bass drum. I don't listen to rap/hip-hop though. That might be why it has sounded so good.
guess you aren't an audiophile really..
They are terrible stock speakers.. no range at all.

and if you call that tinny crappy mid range they pass off as bass all the power to you.

My stock Shaker1000 system in my old stang rocked the socks off the Stock Bose.

Im a metal head myself and dont listen to bass music.. but I want Metallica and megadeth to HIT hard.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Turn the music up a little louder. There WILL be distortion.