G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Buffer gone bad HELP pictures inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:01 PM
|
Angry Buffer gone bad HELP pictures inside

Hey everyone, so i was trying to get into detailing and my friend has done some detailing before and has a buffer wheel. Anyways he was trying to show me how to use one and made me wipe off the hood of my car and he put wax on the buffer wheel and then started to buff next thing I know this happens

what is this crap? I immediately began to was the car continuously and also got a clay bar to try and get this stuff off. Its like glue or something? On the hood i got it smoothened out over some spots but the marks are still there. also on my bumper which we didnt buff has marks on it. Looks like glue or and its rock hard.. almost looks like its melted into some areas. It's also on my headlight and its rock hard there too.. I tried washing it about 10 times today and to no avail and also tried using a clay bar on the hard parts on the bumper to no avail can anyone help me or have a clue as to what this is? I'm so stressed.. just bought the car 3 days ago. Also he couldnt have burnt through the paint i dont think it was quick and he went slow

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:13 PM
Lol, you were waxing when it was cold enough for there to be snow on the ground. The wax hardened on application and stuck, happened to me before but not to that extent. You have to bring the car out in the sun and let the car sit so the wax melts. If that doesnt work try using a hair dryer at a distance, NOT too close to the paint, and melt it off.

Last edited by takeNotes; 03-29-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2011 | 11:17 PM
Banned
I would go here and ask a professional...

https://g35driver.com/forums/care-de...-detailer.html

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:17 PM
you could do that or you are actually lucky its on the hood for the most part. let the car run for a while and get up to temperature which will in turn heat the hood up enough to get the wax back to a removable state

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:19 PM
oh and if it was shooting off the hood and on to the bumper then tell you friend he is going way to quick and needs to slow down with the buffer wheel. should not be flinging wax everywhere

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:19 PM
hahaha wrong forum. ignore this post

Last edited by kennymo; 03-29-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2011 | 11:23 PM
i was thinking how does some mess up a hood like that if they have detailed a car before but as everyone else said you should be ok. just listen to the advice above.

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:35 PM
I wanted to cry when I saw that.. I hope thoes aren't permanent because that's so hard to look at :'(.....

Also.. I NEVER NEVER use a buffer to apply wax. I use do it by hand. Wax off.. wax on. It doesn't take much effort and you're basically doing the same thing in the same or similar amount of time.

The ONLY time you should ever really need a buffer is for getting rid of defects. There are really only a few specified buffers that are recommended for that sort of use. Check out the care and detailing section. You'd get more help if you posted there.

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by prinny
I wanted to cry when I saw that.. I hope thoes aren't permanent because that's so hard to look at :'(.....

Also.. I NEVER NEVER use a buffer to apply wax. I use do it by hand. Wax off.. wax on. It doesn't take much effort and you're basically doing the same thing in the same or similar amount of time.

The ONLY time you should ever really need a buffer is for getting rid of defects. There are really only a few specified buffers that are recommended for that sort of use. Check out the care and detailing section. You'd get more help if you posted there.
LOL what? Waxing by hand easily takes longer. Using a buffer, buffs the wax into the clear coat as opposed to just applying it when you do it by hand. Unless, that is, you apply constant moderate pressure by hand, which would probably kill your arm after doing a quarter panel and a door Ive been doing it by hand lately, since i havent had time to get a new buffer. Its a PITA for sure but well worth it

Last edited by takeNotes; 03-29-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2011 | 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by prinny

A foam pad on a buffer will save you a ton of time applying the wax.

Hand wax jobs are good for a few washes, use a buffer if you are serious about it. You can polish a turd, but it will only glow for so long. Put some work into it and it will shine for a long while.

Old 03-30-2011 | 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by strykez
Hey everyone, so i was trying to get into detailing and my friend has done some detailing before and has a buffer wheel. Anyways he was trying to show me how to use one and made me wipe off the hood of my car and he put wax on the buffer wheel and then started to buff next thing I know this happens
what is this crap? I immediately began to was the car continuously and also got a clay bar to try and get this stuff off. Its like glue or something? On the hood i got it smoothened out over some spots but the marks are still there. also on my bumper which we didnt buff has marks on it. Looks like glue or and its rock hard.. almost looks like its melted into some areas. It's also on my headlight and its rock hard there too.. I tried washing it about 10 times today and to no avail and also tried using a clay bar on the hard parts on the bumper to no avail can anyone help me or have a clue as to what this is? I'm so stressed.. just bought the car 3 days ago. Also he couldnt have burnt through the paint i dont think it was quick and he went slow
Revoke his "detailing" license.

Old 03-30-2011 | 01:15 AM
PM this guy: gdup35sedan. He's a detailer and has a pretty legit looking website ENVautoDetailing.com. I'm sure he can give you the info you need.

https://g35driver.com/forums/members...up35sedan.html

Hope that helps and good luck.

Old 03-30-2011 | 02:52 AM
Damn, I was planning to buff my car for the first time tomorrow. Wow that is very discouraging! But now I'm going to have someone do it for me that has experience with buffing vehicles.

Sorry to see this happened to your G! Just listen to guys here.

Old 03-30-2011 | 06:04 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Guys here's an important tip if you're new to using a buffer. Never start off trying to do a big area on the visible part of your car. If at all possible get some scrap metal to practice on and if that's not available start off on your car in a small spot that's kinda out of the way.

Otherwise you might have to deal with the OP's issue.

Old 03-30-2011 | 08:19 AM
|
my car was in the shop at the time for about 20 minutes.. before we buffed it .. maybe the car was to cold stil. But i used the buffer on a scrap van outside and didnt have the same effect at all it buffed fine? a friend was saying it could be something on the car old wax or something?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buffer gone bad HELP pictures inside