G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I locked my keys in the trunk!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I locked my keys in the trunk!!

I had a lapse in concentration, and I locked my keys in the trunk. I wasn't too worried, so I called AAA and they came out and opened the door (they scratched my window tint and messed up the rubber along the door edge of the rear quarter window) which set off my alarm. Little did I know that if the alarm goes off, it disables the trunk release, and there's no release of the fold-down rear seat inside the passenger cabin. So I had to have someone pick me up, drive me home to pick up the spare remote/key, and drive me back to my car. So I have slight damage to my car, but I learned a lesson. NEVER LOCK YOUR KEYS IN THE TRUNK!!!

Which leads me to this question. Why does Infiniti give you that "emergency" key which will only open the drivers door? It won't start the car, your alarm will go off, so you can't access the trunk. It's really hard to lock your keys inside the passenger cabin because I'm sure almost everyone locks their car with the remote.

Anyway, I'm just venting...

The following users liked this post:
ILuvta Singa (04-18-2020)
Old 11-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: I locked my keys in the trunk!!

If you have a coupe, there is a pull for the release of the rear seat.....
You need to put your hand in between the top and bottom cushion, directly in the middle...(behind the console on the back seat) if you feel around you will find a <font color=red>red</font color=red> pull strap that always manages to hide itself when you put the seat back down and then return to the upright position.....

any way, if you find the strap just give it a pull and the seat back will be released.....It took me a few months before I realized it was there. ( I never thought to look in the owners manal...Duhhhhhh) I know its in there somewhere....

Maybe you should keep the wallet key they give you in your wallet....so this would not happen again.......

Hope this helps you in the future....

04 cpe JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 11-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did they mess up your tint and rubber seal? Did they stick a rod through the window/rubber seal? Why didn't they just slim/jim the door? I've never heard of damage as a result of slim/jiming a door lock, but I've always heard horror stories about trying to use a rod/slimjim to hit the unlock button on the door panel...

Old 11-14-2004, 03:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a pull release in both the Sedan and Coupe to open the trunk. It's usually tucked away in between the seat and back cushions near the middle.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Which leads me to this question. Why does Infiniti give you that "emergency" key which will only open the drivers door? It won't start the car"

Thats why infinti Gives you a wallet key

2004 Skyline 350GT 5AT DG/G Clears,Bats, Now wit Bumps in da back! [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2004, 05:00 PM

I don't know about tow companies, but most police departments will not slim-jim vehicles with side impact bags. Ostensibly officers have been killed when bag went off and propelled slim-jim into them. As always, be situationally aware.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:15 PM
CtK

After they got ur door open, why couldnt you just use the trunk release button??

Old 11-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech

on one hand i feel bad for you.. on another, i wonder why you didnt just get your spare key in the first place and ensure a safe unlocking/opening? hard lesson to learn, but this car isn't an 88 lebaron, AAA people don't care about your car.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

i wonder why you didnt just get your spare key in the first place and ensure a safe unlocking/opening?

<hr></blockquote>

My thoughts exactly.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

*blank stare*

To be redundant: You can pop the trunk from inside the car two different ways. If you have your wallet key (which, let's face it, we should all carry-- not like it's huge), this isn't an issue.

Did you forget your wallet key?

G

"If my critics were told I could walk on water, they would say, 'But he can't swim.'"

Black/Willow Sedan. Check profile for specs.

<font color=red>B.A.S.T.A.R.D Squad</font color=red>

Old 11-15-2004, 02:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, yes, I do feel like an IDIOT. I didn't know there was that secret hidden red strap that will release the rear seat.

I was in a location approximately 25 miles from my home, so it was easier to call AAA to come open my car. I don't know why they didn't use a slim jim. I think slim jims work better on cars that have vertically acuated door locks, but then again, I don't know crap about slim jims and how to open cars like a criminal.

..and no, I don't carry my wallet key, because, well.. it's too big.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. Now I know!!

Old 11-15-2004, 03:04 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's all good [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] We were all laboring under the impression that you had your wallet key. Without it, though, I think that we all would've called AAA... well, or our wives.

G

"If my critics were told I could walk on water, they would say, 'But he can't swim.'"

Black/Willow Sedan. Check profile for specs.

<font color=red>B.A.S.T.A.R.D Squad</font color=red>

Old 11-15-2004, 03:45 AM

I did the same thing but fortunately I was at home leaving for work instead of out somewhere. Anyhow I had just got the car and locked all the keys! and I mean all the keys! in the trunk! I have seen some horrible AAA tow truck etc. slim jimming and other techniques and witnessed the bent rubber trim and scratched windows. Instead I just went to the dealer with a copy of my registration and they cut me a new key. Actually the guy took so long to cut the key he gave it to me for free!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I locked my keys in the trunk!!