G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Am I the only one who likes to roll in a pretty much stock G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
I'll disagree with that point, Fab, respectively though.

I think the ones that have posted images, including myself, and are talking about a clean look are in the category that we don't like driving around in a factory G. So we're just justifying what we like over a factory body, be it aggressive, clean, or over the top. I don't see any harm in that.

Then again, if I were driving in a factory G, then I probably wouldn't have bothered to do any research about my car, hence not discovering this forum or the wolves over at my350z.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts

And then there is always Kevin's car, best example of a clean OEM look with just a front bumper and wheel spacers on OEM Rays. This set up looks like it should have came from the factory like this.

That's perfect! I prefer my OE 06 Sport front though. What size spacers is he running?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm planning on staying pretty stock. I like the clean classy look. I've already clipped my car once getting into parking lots around here, so lowering it is a no go. Most exterior mods are pretty ugly on the car to me.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You'll find that the primarily the only people that claim the G NEEDS to be lowered, or needs wheels, needs, x,y,z, etc. Are people from Texas, Florida, and California. Just about Everyone else appreciates the G for what it is. I still get compliments almost daily on my near Stock 05 OB G. Does that mean I have no plans on changing things up? Absolutely not. I'm always looking at new ideas, and as time goes on, I'll continue to change things up in ways that make sense. At this point, amongst this forums members... if you have a stock G, you have the most modded vehicle of all, as just about everyone else has already added Clear corners, lowered the suspension, added different wheels, added lips, debadged, etc. to the point that there "G's" really aren't G's at all.

And on a side note... is it any wonder the state with probably the worst financial situation in all of the US has the most members with modded G's and are the strongest advocates for modding? Fiscal responsibility isn't exactly a strong point for the Western portion of the United States. I'm all for customizing and making something your own, but far to often people throw common sense to the wind.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[/QUOTE]

What spacers are on this car?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i agree, im not much into the bodykit thing..i love the stock body.as others have said, all you need is a drop and rims and ur good to go

Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
Although I'm happy with the look I have achieved with my G, I def appreciate the clean look I used to have a few years ago:

However, as the years go by, and you start getting bored with your car, the best way to refresh your appreciation for it is by modding it every once in a while.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG35
NISMO is Nissan so the Front is still considered stock
I don't agree with that.. I have nismo front and sides, so would I be considered stock?? I don't think so, most people can't differentiate between an aftermarket nismo bumper and some other brand, say Greddy.. Therefore I'd say both are aftermarket, not stock/oem..

Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleHBK
You'll find that the primarily the only people that claim the G NEEDS to be lowered, or needs wheels, needs, x,y,z, etc. Are people from Texas, Florida, and California.
Geography...
How often do you think it snows in Southern California or Florida. The perks for those who live in temperate climates.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
You'll find that the primarily the only people that claim the G NEEDS to be lowered, or needs wheels, needs, x,y,z, etc. Are people from Texas, Florida, and California. Just about Everyone else appreciates the G for what it is. I still get compliments almost daily on my near Stock 05 OB G.
I'm in Cali and I rarely see over the top body kits rolling around any more. Back in 2002, it would be a common thing.

Now, it's all about classy and clean. I think it's the East Coast that's barely catching onto the scene. West Coast are the trend setter.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
What does being from Texas, Florida or California have to do with appreciating a car from the factory?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
You'll find that the primarily the only people that claim the G NEEDS to be lowered, or needs wheels, needs, x,y,z, etc. Are people from Texas, Florida, and California. Just about Everyone else appreciates the G for what it is. I still get compliments almost daily on my near Stock 05 OB G. Does that mean I have no plans on changing things up? Absolutely not. I'm always looking at new ideas, and as time goes on, I'll continue to change things up in ways that make sense. At this point, amongst this forums members... if you have a stock G, you have the most modded vehicle of all, as just about everyone else has already added Clear corners, lowered the suspension, added different wheels, added lips, debadged, etc. to the point that there "G's" really aren't G's at all.

And on a side note... is it any wonder the state with probably the worst financial situation in all of the US has the most members with modded G's and are the strongest advocates for modding? Fiscal responsibility isn't exactly a strong point for the Western portion of the United States. I'm all for customizing and making something your own, but far to often people throw common sense to the wind.
Way to judge people . So you're saying those of us that live in the states you listed, don't appreciate our cars? I don't know what state you live in, but if you're not in those three states, chances are your G is a fairly rare sight. Over here in Cali, you see multiple G's on a daily basis. So in order for those of us that want to stand out a little, we mod our cars, which is why our states contain the most modded G's (in terms of quantity). Odds are, a stock G won't get compliments over here, unless it's by some person who doesn't know much about cars.

It's only your opinion if you think that our modded G's "really aren't G's at all" anymore, and that your "near stock" G is. I'm sure there's someone out there with a completely stock G that thinks the same about yours.

As for your side note, I paid in full for my car and all my mods in cash, pay all the taxes they throw at us, and will soon be investing in property. So I think I've got my responsibilities in line.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^FAP FAP FAP haha
That's what i plan for mine, coils and nice rims...Done!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yea, your car is pretty much as OEM as it can get.

I'm starting to like the clean look more and more now too, especially looking at Harvey's car when he used to have his T1S.

This is a perfect clean look. Unfortunately, my car is past that point. Its no longer just clean looking, more of a love or hate thing now. People either love it, or hate it.

And then there is always Kevin's car, best example of a clean OEM look with just a front bumper and wheel spacers on OEM Rays. This set up looks like it should have came from the factory like this.

oh my god, i saw kevin's car in sf chinatown couple days ago. i was thinking damn that car is clean as hell.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark2K8
I like to roll with a stock G, but thats cause I dont have extra $$$$ to spend on mods lol. The most I can see being done to my G is clear corners, those gialla grills, maybe rims and thats probably about it. :/

very true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who likes to roll in a pretty much stock G?