G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Am I the only one who likes to roll in a pretty much stock G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modding is a hobby just like any other. People get a lot of pleasure in making their car perform and look better. I don't see how that is hard to understand. Obviously we will not agree with some people's taste, and we may think that they made their car worse. But to each is own. IMO, most people on this forum have done a pretty good job. Some probably shouldn't have touched their cars...

Old 04-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Who wants a car that looks like every one elses....?
What's next?

Who want's shoes, pants, watches, and sunglasses that looks like everyone else?

You gonna start modding your pants too? Maybe add a spoiler in the rear, and some reflectors on the side?

Add some spinners on your shoes? Add an intake to your watch?

No one else is doing it right?

I don't think people do it to be different. They do it as a hobby and sooner or later, will grow out of it. Like most people do.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
What's next?

Who want's shoes, pants, watches, and sunglasses that looks like everyone else?

You gonna start modding your pants too? Maybe add a spoiler in the rear, and some reflectors on the side?

Add some spinners on your shoes? Add an intake to your watch?

No one else is doing it right?

I don't think people do it to be different. They do it as a hobby and sooner or later, will grow out of it. Like most people do.
I do it as a hobby TO BE different, You cant compare clothing, there is SOOO many options out there in most cases you wont find someone with the same thing. Yes it is mass produced' BUT there are more varies of clothes and accessories than cars.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned
You're being different by doing something a bunch of 16 - 23 year olds are doing? Modding.. I mean, you're basically just copying what someone else did, but just adding different parts.

You saw a souped up car, and you said, 'oh snap', I can't wait to get a G35 and mod my car....

You're sill in the same "scene". So it not really different. Yes, it looks different, but to everyday people, they're just gonna say, oh look another ricer.

When I was in the scene, I didn't do it to be different. I never thought of it like that. I just did it because it was something to do and it was 'fun' at the time. A lot of money went into it and now that I think about it, it could have went to something better.

I went all out. turbo kit, rebuilt motor, pistons, rings, bored out the cylinder, chipped ecu (hondata), JDM kits, custom interior, all that stuff.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 04-07-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
They wish they had ricers as nice as ours!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Its not so much a scene. People mod because they want their cars to look/perform differently then in stock form. I believe its fair to say that most people who mod a vehicle do it for themselves, not others (on here).

Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I really do/did my car for me, pretty much what Herrschaft said.
I may have rolled with others who did their cars up too, I guess if you want to call that a scene then so be it, but I always did my car for me and my own enjoyment- no one elses.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned
It's a hobby and you're not doing anything stupid so keep doing it.

Just don't be an idiot and race everyone you see on the street after you installed your intake... lol

Old 04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
You're being different by doing something a bunch of 16 - 23 year olds are doing? Modding.. I mean, you're basically just copying what someone else did, but just adding different parts.

You saw a souped up car, and you said, 'oh snap', I can't wait to get a G35 and mod my car....

You're sill in the same "scene". So it not really different. Yes, it looks different, but to everyday people, they're just gonna say, oh look another ricer.

When I was in the scene, I didn't do it to be different. I never thought of it like that. I just did it because it was something to do and it was 'fun' at the time. A lot of money went into it and now that I think about it, it could have went to something better.

I went all out. turbo kit, rebuilt motor, pistons, rings, bored out the cylinder, chipped ecu (hondata), JDM kits, custom interior, all that stuff.
Im not saying that. If you want to put other stuff on that same level. Like going to concerts or clubbing. its a "scene" right? its SOOO board. Im about making it look different, specific.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is SEX ! Right here!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by moeg35

This is SEX ! Right here!
Beautiful...Very Sick...I think I'm going bite that style a little... What makes a car look that clean??

Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Just don't be an idiot and race everyone you see on the street after you installed your intake... lol
If there's anything I like more than gettin paid, its accelerating much faster than all ricers in my stock G

Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleHBK
You'll find that the primarily the only people that claim the G NEEDS to be lowered, or needs wheels, needs, x,y,z, etc. Are people from Texas, Florida, and California. Just about Everyone else appreciates the G for what it is. I still get compliments almost daily on my near Stock 05 OB G. Does that mean I have no plans on changing things up? Absolutely not. I'm always looking at new ideas, and as time goes on, I'll continue to change things up in ways that make sense. At this point, amongst this forums members... if you have a stock G, you have the most modded vehicle of all, as just about everyone else has already added Clear corners, lowered the suspension, added different wheels, added lips, debadged, etc. to the point that there "G's" really aren't G's at all.

And on a side note... is it any wonder the state with probably the worst financial situation in all of the US has the most members with modded G's and are the strongest advocates for modding? Fiscal responsibility isn't exactly a strong point for the Western portion of the United States. I'm all for customizing and making something your own, but far to often people throw common sense to the wind.
wat a freaking idiot i guess economics failed this fool. so where does the taxes and increased spending from the residents go to?

Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Who wants a car that looks like every one elses....?
old farts do lol

Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is hilarious. Honestly.. everybody do what you want - WHO GIVES A S**T!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who likes to roll in a pretty much stock G?