Want Some Opinions From More "Seasoned" G35 Drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmm

Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Alright, so I'm ginna debadge it, but I need to know if they are glued on or attached in some other manner.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
^ Just glue.. There is a DIY somewhere here, you can search if you want. What I did was use dental floss and a blow dryer to heat up the glue around each letter, then use the floss to pull it off.. You also may want to use goo off after to get the remaining residue off... Then give it a good wash and wax! GL and post pics.
Tom

Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 AM
^^ yeah theres no holes or anything

on my dads avalanche i used floss, WD-40, turtle wax bug and tar remover, then a cleaner wax, then a detailer. came out great !

Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get rid of those rims first of all. I don't really like them but that's my opinion.

Get lighter flywheel and clutches and a get lighter rims and get a true short shifter. leave engine stock. it will be most reliable and rewarding in the long run that way.

If you do all those, i bet you could shave half a second or so from your 0-60.

IMO, G35's look best the way they are. Body kits, and what not just makes it tacky IMO.

The only thing I did was debadging the rear because I accidentally pressure washed the emblem to hard and it started to peel.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by walshtj
^ Just glue.. There is a DIY somewhere here, you can search if you want. What I did was use dental floss and a blow dryer to heat up the glue around each letter, then use the floss to pull it off.. You also may want to use goo off after to get the remaining residue off... Then give it a good wash and wax! GL and post pics.
Tom
Yep, same way I did mine, tried and true and no scratchnig. Just fyi though, as I found out, the combustion point of goo gone is well within the range of the heat gun. So heat gun + paper towel with goo gone on it = fire very easily. Kind of a fine line you walk because the heat makes it much much easier to let the goo gone do its job of removing the glue.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=luvmyzx6r;5812732]
Get lighter flywheel and clutches and a get lighter rims and get a true short shifter. leave engine stock. it will be most reliable and rewarding in the long run that way.
QUOTE]

if you go with a lighter flywheel, you'll get a rattle at idle since the stock flywheel is dual balanced and the new one will not be. I went with the nismo flywheel after I replaced my clutch to cut down on the install costs and my rattle is pretty minimal, however the lighter you go, the more rattling you'll get.

As for your clutch, I don't know if there is a huge need for anything above stock. If you do plan on keeping the engine stock, you should have no problem with the stock clutch adn pressure plate. Mine is still holding up well and I've been boosted almost a year now so you shouldnt have any slipping problems.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
heat gun is way too much temp, hair dryer is a little more freindly, IMO

Old 04-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I would second that, you gotta be really really light with the heat gun lots of fanning it, hair dryer would be easier on your paint overall, it'd just take longer.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by TylerK
Dropping the ride is a bit expensive, so that may be a while though.
You could get a set of used springs for less than $200 if you don't have the $$ now for coilovers. Trust me, it's worth that little of an investment from a looks and performance standpoint.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think you should get clear corners first! Your fender gap is pretty big so I'd lower it also! Also, if you like the look, paint the grille. It's easy and it looks great

Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
What's wrong with just rims, suspension, and then power mods? Beyond that I think most coupes (and lots of cars in general) start to get ugly and look tacky

Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by AdamSanders
What's wrong with just rims, suspension, and then power mods? Beyond that I think most coupes (and lots of cars in general) start to get ugly and look tacky
Agreed. I'm not doing much else besides that. Painting the grille and headlight housings will pretty much be it.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Here's the best cheap thing you can do. Take the wheels off and clean and the spray paint your fender wheels. Part of the wells are plastic so they can be removed, cleaned and then use your plastic detailer of choice. When looking at your pictures that's the very first thing I noticed!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Lower the car, get wheel spacer for the front and rear, tint the windows, debadge everything in the rear except for the mt. fuji emblem, clear corners, painted gialla front grill.

Those are just to start. Good luck with the car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Want Some Opinions From More "Seasoned" G35 Drivers