G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Want Some Opinions From More "Seasoned" G35 Drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by luvmyzx6r
Get rid of those rims first of all. I don't really like them but that's my opinion.

Get lighter flywheel and clutches and a get lighter rims and get a true short shifter. leave engine stock. it will be most reliable and rewarding in the long run that way.

If you do all those, i bet you could shave half a second or so from your 0-60.

IMO, G35's look best the way they are. Body kits, and what not just makes it tacky IMO.

The only thing I did was debadging the rear because I accidentally pressure washed the emblem to hard and it started to peel.

i second on the rim idea...i would say just sell them and put toward some decent wider wheels,,,believe me man, i went through like 5 sets and still am not wide enough. Its all about offset, as long as you have at least a 8.5, 9 inch in the front and a 10,10.5 in the rear with a decent offset.....and dont think that only work wheels are the only wheels that can do this and pull off the look for a g, there are cheaper wheels that you can find, just take your time...as for the spacer idea that was given to you earlier in this thread, just be careful how big you go, cuz the bigger you go in the front, you have a good chance at developing a shake in your steering wheel..remember to look for hub centric spacers and hub centric rings if you need them for the rims anyway. I recommend and wheel in the 20+ offset or lower range , and play with spacers from there...im currently on a 8.5 in the front with a +7 offset, thanks to spacers as well....my rear is +5 in a 10.5....bottom line, new rims and lowwer ....

Old 04-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice.....im 19 n I just got my 06 g35 coupe two weeks ago I'm loving it. It's cherry red so my plan is to paint the factory wheels black and get a GTR style 4 hole overlays and paint the badges black. But when it comes to intake n headers I have no idea what to get, I don't have a lot of money considering I pay rent n $650 a month for the g35. So any ideas?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by G35sanjose
Nice.....im 19 n I just got my 06 g35 coupe two weeks ago I'm loving it. It's cherry red so my plan is to paint the factory wheels black and get a GTR style 4 hole overlays and paint the badges black. But when it comes to intake n headers I have no idea what to get, I don't have a lot of money considering I pay rent n $650 a month for the g35. So any ideas?
wow...i hope you have a baller job to afford all that!!...dude when i was that age, i was driving a 1995 s-10...but honestly if your looking to do any mods on your car and your basically are somewhat tight with you money, just try to take your time making decisions as to what you can afford and also what mods you like the most. I remember when i was 19 and how i just went crazy with my s10, but i also remember redoing the look of my s10 multi times becuase of that. I would recommend clean, simple mods, basically stance, wheels, hids, tint if wanted 35%....those are just examples.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by leoverte
wow...i hope you have a baller job to afford all that!!...dude when i was that age, i was driving a 1995 s-10...but honestly if your looking to do any mods on your car and your basically are somewhat tight with you money, just try to take your time making decisions as to what you can afford and also what mods you like the most. I remember when i was 19 and how i just went crazy with my s10, but i also remember redoing the look of my s10 multi times becuase of that. I would recommend clean, simple mods, basically stance, wheels, hids, tint if wanted 35%....those are just examples.

I wish I had a baller job lol the only reason I still have the job is cause I keep putting of college. But yeah I'm going for the clean and easy look I love the way the car looks already. I'll post some pics when I'm using my pc Thanks fir ur advice man

Old 04-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sanjose
I wish I had a baller job lol the only reason I still have the job is cause I keep putting of college. But yeah I'm going for the clean and easy look I love the way the car looks already. I'll post some pics when I'm using my pc Thanks fir ur advice man
Putting off going to college so you can afford a car is a terrible idea. There really is no way to justify it to me.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by AdamSanders
Putting off going to college so you can afford a car is a terrible idea. There really is no way to justify it to me.
yup...that is acutally very very true...but lets just stay focused on topic of his thread....before we make him depressed

Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by AdamSanders
I know graduated from high school in 2009 I only wanted to work a year but I got another job out of no where but yeah I'm probably going to sign up for summer classes.