Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Boost it.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark2K8
HAHAHAHHA! I love that guy/thread.

This x100. Also maybe consider painting the mt fuju black. It looks good on light colored cars and it will go well with your tinted tails. I did it to my DG:

You can use plastidip so u dont have to remove the emblem and it will look just as good as any matte paint (in b4 the plasti dip haters come with their "you gotta do it right" crap")

Also, I'd get it dropped. idk if its just me, but you have an usually big fender gap. Clear corners. Paint grill (or get gialla one). What I'd do OP and congrats on your G.

Also OP, if you happen to get a new front bumper or anything, sell me your towing hook cover on your OEM please. lol
Never though of getting the Mt. Fuji painted black, I really like that idea! I'm getting clear corners definitely, cheap and replace the ugly orange. Dropping the ride is a bit expensive, so that may be a while though.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm right there with ya, even though i drove a 93 4runner for a few months haha idk if that counts.

first things i notice that would really complete your look and are fairly inexpensive would be clear corners and spacers !

Old 04-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Anh
Black grill, needs A LOT more low, clear corners, spacers, debadge rear, paint headlight housing black.
I've been really wanting to paint the housings black. I just don't know that much on how to, so I'm gonna be looking that up and getting it done when I get the time.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by cmesidewayz
I'm right there with ya, even though i drove a 93 4runner for a few months haha idk if that counts.

first things i notice that would really complete your look and are fairly inexpensive would be clear corners and spacers !
I'm getting both of those very soon. I need the spacers simply cause the clearance of the brakes being only 1/16 of an inch is a bit scary. And the clear corners are a very nice way to clean up the look cheaply.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
Drop that ****! I could fit my fist in that wheel well (No pun intended)!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerK
I've been really wanting to paint the housings black. I just don't know that much on how to, so I'm gonna be looking that up and getting it done when I get the time.
there is a DIY on it. search under g35papa and choose threads that he has started. it sounds scary to do it but its actually really easy. great start btw

Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
If you do end up painting your heads op, post pics. We have the same color car, and id be intrested on how it'd look.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
drop and clear corners.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Are you looking to do cosmetic mods or performance mods?

Cosmetic I'd say get spacers and clean the rust off your rotors and wheel well...

Performance I'd say lightweight pulleys and a plenum spacer are good starting points.

I'm almost 21 and I've been driving my 04 G coupe since the day I got my license when I was 16...

It's a great car, just use your head when you drive it.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Giving me all kinds of good ideas. I'm planning to get the grille black, housings black, black corners (clear wouldn't go with black housings and grille as well) and spacers. Though tint and lowering the ride are definitely next once I can knock all that out. Any other ideas? I'm liking the idea of a gray body with black details such as grille and such.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Giving me all kinds of good ideas. I'm planning to get the grille black, housings black, black corners (clear wouldn't go with black housings and grille as well) and spacers. Though tint and lowering the ride are definitely next once I can knock all that out. Any other ideas? I'm liking the idea of a gray body with black details such as grille and such.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
tint the windows, black out the roof, black out the rear diffuser section too, would look good with your wheels

Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd agree with several others, I'd say lower it first and throw some spacers on it to flush it up a bit, rear wheels sit a bit too far in at their oem settings in my opinion.

performance wise, 5/16" plenum spacer would be the best bang for your buck, and a cool air intake gives it a touch more throat to the sound. I had an injen cia and loved it to death untill I got my turbo. but at a bare minimum the CIA and plenum made my car sound nice, then I threw on a Fast Intentions true dual exhaust (expensive, but oh so worth it) and that really rounded the car out, still had the signature vq35 pur, but deeper and much meaner sounding, without being over the top.

Since you're in highschool I'd assume you'd want something a bit more "out there" though, mine was to keep it looking and semi sounding stock whilst being upgraded so even the old farts would still appreciate it. road noice and idle tone mean a lot to 'em heh.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Want Some Opinions From More "Seasoned" G35 Drivers