G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

06 Coupe 6MT - Looking for advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KnowScott
What I think people mean is they don't need to involve a bank for a loan which sometimes requires hoops if you're dealing with someone that shouldn't be buying the car.

The car is still under the power train warranty until July 21, 2012
I dunno.. Personally I would'nt be going to see a car I know I didn't have the available funds for. But I am sure there are those people out there..

Which reminds me: My previous car I was selling was an 87 Buick Grand National, young kid came with his dad to check it out and openly admitted he was going to drive it in the winter. Then pointed out a rust spot on it..

Anyway that warranty is a nice piece of mind. Start to monitor the Oil Consuption as soon as you get it, if you pick it up. As the dealer tests will take some time, you don't want to run into an issue where they push things out a little then your SOL.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 93srvman
I dunno.. Personally I would'nt be going to see a car I know I didn't have the available funds for. But I am sure there are those people out there..

Which reminds me: My previous car I was selling was an 87 Buick Grand National, young kid came with his dad to check it out and openly admitted he was going to drive it in the winter. Then pointed out a rust spot on it..

Anyway that warranty is a nice piece of mind. Start to monitor the Oil Consuption as soon as you get it, if you pick it up. As the dealer tests will take some time, you don't want to run into an issue where they push things out a little then your SOL.
Great advice, thank you very much.

I'm also going to be calling a local Infiniti dealership to find out the service records on this vehicle.

Do you know if the test you are talking about will cost or will they do it with say, an oil change?

Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I have a few things on the mind:

spacer
mrev2
upgrade audio system (jdm double din), components, subs

possibly some sort of HFC
Sounds good, breather wise those choices are the best combo for our NA engines.
Maybe consider adding an oem Z-tube and catback exhaust or axleback with HR y-pipe to the mod list.
Good luck with purchase.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by irishsig
Sounds good, breather wise those choices are the best combo for our NA engines.
Maybe consider adding an oem Z-tube and catback exhaust or axleback with HR y-pipe to the mod list.
Good luck with purchase.
Thanks!

A lot of the parts are in the realm of diminishing returns. And you get a lot of mixed feedback with almost all the parts with the exception of a couple.

With what you have done, did you retune and dyno? before and after? controlled testing? and what was the results if so?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Great advice, thank you very much.

I'm also going to be calling a local Infiniti dealership to find out the service records on this vehicle.

Do you know if the test you are talking about will cost or will they do it with say, an oil change?
Let me know if the records are shared amongst the dealerships, I don't think they are in Canada.

The compression test? This is a seperate test and involves checking the compression in each cylinder. Will let you know right away of a blown head gasket and possibly any other big internal issues. It's a fairly quick test, 30 min tops but will cost you extra. Get it done on top of getting a professional to look it over for other things.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Thanks!

A lot of the parts are in the realm of diminishing returns. And you get a lot of mixed feedback with almost all the parts with the exception of a couple.

With what you have done, did you retune and dyno? before and after? controlled testing? and what was the results if so?
Nah haven't gotten a tune yet.
I keep changing my mind on whether to stick with my axle back Tanabe or eventually go full catback.
Either Ark Grip or Motordyne.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
DONE DEAL! Went and picked her up today.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:59 PM
^^^ Beauty!!! Congrats.

Did you get it checked out/inspected?

Old 04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Not yet, I did pull all the service records, carfax, etc.

The guy that owned it has 6 other cars and is 70+ years old. I'll be taking it to the shop most likely this weekend. Crossing my fingers.