G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

350Z pic @ 110mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 350Z pic @ 110mph

You guys are all my heros. Maybe we need a forum listing funeral home preferences so we know where to send the flowers when you all kill yourselves. 110-145 mph should be reserved for the track. Period. Anyone doing those kind of speeds on public roads shoud have their licenses revoked because they are a danger to themselves and others. I'll get off my soapbox now.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Premium.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:41 AM

the car is so stable at those speeds, and i think they kno wut theyr doin when theyr goin that fast. a little speeds not gonna hurt you if u have a wide open road and half a brain on your shoulders. i say pedal to the metal fellas. anytime i can get my G up above 100 it makes me =)

04.5 DG/G coupe.Prem/Perf/Aero

Old 11-23-2004, 12:01 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

yep, and they can do 112 with a 13.2 1/4 mile time...he he he he

Wanna see mine?

Old 11-23-2004, 12:23 PM

OK, I'll bite. I will get flamed for this but hey what the hell. OK first, vehicle laws today are almost identical to vehicle laws of the early '50's. Now the government hasn't done much to change this for any number of reasons, but todays vehicles are more then capable of hitting speeds well over 100mph at realitive safety. Even most roads are built to sustain higher speeds without the laws governing it. Don't believe me? Why is it ok for a police officer while in high pursuit to obtain these speeds in a crusier with minor modifications to reach such high rates of speed. OK ok, you will say they are properly trained to do so.....well that training is not a very long course that they attend and they don't recive very much behind the wheel time to really prepare them for L.A. traffic at 110 m.p.h. Each driver has different capabilities and over all I think its wrong to flame someone for taking a pic at 110 on a straight away with no traffic. 100 isn't even that high rate of speed for these type vehicles.....OK LET THE FLAMING REALLY BEGIN!!!! JMO Don't like it ...Oh well....

Old 11-23-2004, 12:56 PM

What is this? A contest of stupidity?

To the person who says if cops can do it why can't we? Why don't you put "I like to break laws" on your resume for the next interview.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:11 PM

Not saying cops can do it so can I. I'm sayinmg how are they any better at driving then other drivers......I told you this would be a good one...LOL
I just think it's funny abytime someone says they did x amount of speed then they get flamed for drinving that fast.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

wnt1bd
Im with you all the way

-------------------------------------------------

Old 11-23-2004, 01:30 PM

OK, back on my soapbox. Cops get high-speed pursuit training, so they are better drivers than most of you. Unless you've had performance driving training and considerable track time, you are probably unqualified to drive at the speeds that you do. That's why most traffic fatalities involve young people and insurance rates are highest for them. These are not coincidences.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:39 PM

OK your soapbox.....How long is that training? I believe it is a 2 week course that does not include weekends and of those days 8 are in class...1 watching and riding with instructor...last day I believe they actually drive....I may be off by a lil bit but, I have several officer friends who say these classes are such a joke. Kinda like taking Art to get your Masters degree in Computer Science. I'm not picking fights with anyone and sorry if I've offended anyone but come on you own sports cars.....live a lil.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I think going at those kinds of speed requires a lot of concentration, a car that can be stable at those speeds, and normal pavement.
If something happens at those speeds (even from 70-150) i dont think a lot of us on these forums can do anything about it. But again if you are concentrated enough, you can avoid losing control or even do minor adjustments even going at those speeds..

Just my opinion.

-------------------------------------------------

Old 11-23-2004, 02:17 PM

-------------------------------
OK first, vehicle laws today are almost identical to vehicle laws of the early '50's. Now the government hasn't done much to change this for any number of reasons, but todays vehicles are more then capable of hitting speeds well over 100mph at realitive safety.
-------------------------------

But has the law of physics changed? Have humans have now more supreme reaction reflexes? Have we developed the intuitive thinking that will tell us that this car ahead of me doesn't see me coming at 120mph and will likely swerve in front of me?

The reasoning is somewhat flaky. But don't get me wrong, I have been to those speeds and I'm also at fault. [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2004, 03:03 PM

This is fun....No laws of physics haven't changed at all. But vehicle dynamics have. Vented brakes, ABS, power assisted brakes and steering, better grade tires w/ air sensors, and so on. So basic laws of physics like you say are the same and yes human kind has become quicker, smarter, and more efficent. One more small point is ,are european drivers better then us because they have the Autobahn that anyone with a license has a right to drive on? Keep it coming, this is giving me something to do while I'm sitting here at work.
Again though this is NOT meant to make anyone mad this is me just trying to fight a stupid endless battle of the 56+ mph driver who gets flamed anytime he/she drives and says something about it.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:56 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Driving fast and driving dangerously are 2 differnt things lets not forget. I meantioned I did 140 in my coupe. I did it once, on a whide open road with no on ramps or other cars. I would never even consider passing someone that was going 60 while I was going 120. I don't feel bad for taking my car and using it for what it was made for. No on the day to day I rarely see 100mph. Usually stay with the flow of traffic which around here is about 30mph.

As far as speed limits are concerned It was my understanding that they were put in place due to the fuel shortage of the time and when accidents went down they were there to stay. I think they should be raised a little. I mean lets face it who drives 55 and be honest who in their right mind drives 55. Do some people, yes and I fear for them. With all the road rage and the fact that your going 15-20mph slower than everyone and people are constantly trying to get around you it's just plain not safe to dive the speed limit in some cases. At least here in NY that is.

Old 11-23-2004, 04:10 PM

Let me give you a hypothetical scenario.....Speed limit is increased 20-30 mph, which is basically 75-85, police don't get to write as many tickets, which in turn diminishes there budget, which in turn doesn't allow them to get all the newest and greatest gadgets to try and stop speeders. Police use a reactive response to speeding which is the exact opposite of what a police force is suppose to do. They are here to prevent crime and keep the public safe. Face it, if it were as bad as people say it is don't you think the local or federal goverment would just put speed governers on our engines. They do it for drunks, don't they?

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by wnt1bd on 11/23/04 01:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-23-2004, 04:24 PM

I'm not arguing against the fact that the speed limits are antiquated and need to raised. I'm as guilty as anyone of routinely doing 75-85 on the freeway, flow of traffic permitting. I'm talking about doing 100+ MPH. As someone stated earlier, once you get into those speeds, it is extremely difficult to recover if something goes wrong. In an uncontrolled environment, if something does go wrong, the likely result is probably serious injury or death. If the risk of death only belongs to the driver, then go for it. You're the master of your own destiny. But on public roads, the driver is in a position where he has the potential to endanger others, not just himself. To that end, I just don't think there is any justification do do those kind of speeds in public. Save it for the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350Z pic @ 110mph