G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

350Z pic @ 110mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 350Z pic @ 110mph

I thank you for our brief debate, and will leave you with the last word. I would like to apologize to the starter of this thread for hijacking it and turning it into a personal fun debate. Hope no feelings are hurt and I'm not public enemy number 1...LOL

Old 11-23-2004, 04:56 PM

LAPD gets a 2 day course on high speed pursuits.

No the don't automatically become better drivers.

Highspeed police pursuits often escalate to bystander getting hurt.

As result, LAPD backed off on highspeed pursuits policy.

So the logic of police doing triple digits and cause no harm is invalid. They do contribute to more accidents.

Speed kills, period.

Kills,
everyday drivers,
police,
and professional racers.

Old 11-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speed does NOT kill......stupid soccer-moms talking on the phone whilst piloting their 6500#GVW "off-roaders" kill.

Since the national double-nickel was repealed, 33 states have raised their limits. Vehicular deaths are lower.

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/speed-doesnt-kill.pdf

Remember, however, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium

"May you lead an interesting life..." -- Old Gypsy Curse

Old 11-23-2004, 06:49 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the speed limit were to get raised I would say that fine should also and probably would be raised too. I mean at least here in NY is XXmph over the limit = $XXX.XX fine. A simple adjustment in the fines would make up for the loss of people speeding cause they're doing it legally now.

As far as the track yeah thats a great place to speed but lets face it. If your talking about an open stretch of track or an open stretch of road the dangers are the same assuming that there are no other cars around, dogs, cats, kids playing, etc. Blowouts dont just happen on the road.

My point is that reckless driving is just that, reckless, but to open up your car (by your self) on lets say an open stretch of desert road is not a horrible thing to do. Illegal yes but then again so is going 65 in a 55. Is it 100% safe, no but then where is the fun in it being 100% safe lol. I think everyone gets a kick out of the adreline rush that comes from a brief stint of pushing the envelope. Remember I agree that endangering the public for an adreneline rush is selfish and moronic. But living on the edge while being as safe as possible needs to be done every now and then, after all life only happens once.

Old 11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So cookielover, you meant to tell me you havent gone over the speed limit by even 1 mph in a 30 zone, 55 or w/e? If the answer is yes, and will most def. be BS if you say no, quit being a hyocrite, unless you own your own business your resume will be saying the same shi! ..

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 11-23-2004, 08:44 PM

Everyone speeds it's just how it is. Speeding isn't something easily avoidable. I don't see how driving 100+ on an empty freeway is that dangerous.. I'm more afraid of what other drivers are doing or 86 corrolas swervin in and out of traffic. When you have a car like this speed is easy and safe. This car is meant for high performance and is stable at all speeds. The zero lift helps out too becuase this car doesn't bounce all over the place. I'm sure speeding isn't the number one killer in auto accidents. Following too closely is what causes the most accidents. I'm sure the majority of you have hit 100+ in your life so stop complaining about these guys having a little fun on an empty freeway.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:07 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

So cookielover, you meant to tell me you havent gone over the speed limit by even 1 mph in a 30 zone, 55 or w/e? If the answer is yes, and will most def. be BS if you say no, quit being a hyocrite, unless you own your own business your resume will be saying the same shi! ..

<hr></blockquote>

I anticipated someone going to make this comment. I know most of us are here because we like the g35coupe which is a fun sporty car which implies most of us enjoy speed and will speed once in awhile. However, it's one thing to speed and it's another to encourage/egging other drivers to speed as well. This is why a lot of forums ban street race stories.

It's like that Anti-Drug commercial. If you see your 10 years old brother / son drinking liquor or doing drugs will you say yes that's hella cool man and buy him drugs? What if he said you drink too you hypocrite you should shut the hell up. Is that going to stop you from keeping your kid away from drugs/liquor?

That's saying ex-criminals can only promote crime. Ex-drug addicts can only promote for drugs. I have done wrong but since I don't want to be a hypocrite I should promote others to do wrong as well.

I think you completely missed the point and there is no need for that attitude.

Besides I am not going **** over 10-20 mph over the speed limit. It's 55 mph over the freeway speed limit. The amount of distance required to stop goes up exponentially, you know that.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:07 AM

Sorry about that.. My pic was made at 6:30 on a Sunday morning. I was cruising down the A5 Autobahn near Karlsruhe(about 120 miles south of Frankfurt). It was early, I was coming back home, and I thought it might make a neat picture. I actually got it up to about 158. I was over 150 for about 15 minutes just letting the car move down the road. The scenery was nice too, just watching everything zoom by. After awhile I slowed down to about 120 and cruised the rest of the way to Stuttgart. I made the 70 miles in about 35 -40 minutes or so. Oh, and there ARE NO other G35's here as they don't import them yet. Pretty fun to watch the Germans spin their heads as they try to figure out what it is. As for safety? I check all fluids, tire pressure and anything else on the car before I do these speeds. The funny part is that although I've gone over 170 on the autobahn(on a bike), done 4 or 5 different tracks in Europe including Jennings in FL, my last and most serious accident occurred in Atlanta last August. Rear ended by a pizza talking on his cell phone. Hit me going about 45 or so, broke my back, messed me up real good. How fast was I going? uh, exactly zero miles an hour, just sitting on my bike with all my safety gear on.
now back to your regularly scheduled program of soapbox deliberations..

Asphalt don't play

Old 11-24-2004, 02:50 AM

Ok ok ok guys, First I thank you all for the post on my thread! See I really had no idea the pen it would get! I would also like to say thanks to GForceI for having his head on straight. And you are all right, I should not be taking pics while traveling at speed. However I did not take my eyes off the road, I have a sub LCD mode for the camera and I work for a cell phone company and I use it all day so i am pretty good at it., Next I would like to defend myself. Please give me a situation where it would have been dangerous. Keep it real worldly. Not like what if a comet fell in front of you, or what if a wheel fell off. No, something everyday that could happen. There was a car about 20-30 lenghts a head of me when I hit my brakes to match speed. I finished at about 5-6 lengths between me and the Cavalier. So please give me a situation where i would be dead wrong for traveling this speed. (The nearest on ramp wa s over 1 mile away on the right hand side.)

Old 11-24-2004, 02:56 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I anticipated someone going to make this comment. I know most of us are here because we like the g35coupe which is a fun sporty car which implies most of us enjoy speed and will speed once in awhile. However, it's one thing to speed and it's another to encourage/egging other drivers to speed as well. This is why a lot of forums ban street race stories.

I think you completely missed the point and there is no need for that attitude.

<hr></blockquote>

You know what, you are 100% correct and i appologize for my post, BUT you didn't make yourself clear like you just did and now i understand where your coming from and i agree!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 11-24-2004, 09:15 AM

WOW.......this really took off last night!! Sorry

Old 11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LoL nothing like a good clean debate.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:08 PM

You know what, you are 100% correct and i appologize for my post, BUT you didn't make yourself clear like you just did and now i understand where your coming from and i agree!

No hard feelings.
I probably came to work a little fast with m3 all up on my ***.

Old 12-02-2004, 12:39 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by cookielover

No hard feelings.
I probably came to work a little fast with m3 all up on my ***.

HAHA cookie its all good man