G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

If I lower my car, do I need a camber kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DomeP1ece
advan neova ad08 $230 per tire.... $920

stillen camber front - $919.80
stillen camber rear - $408
stillen toe arms rear - $418
TOTAL = $1745

(There are tons of cheaper camber kits out there but there are also more in this price range and even some that are higher priced)
{I am not in any way saying these are the parts to buy just using them as an example}

Yikes That makes my SPC Front + Rear Camber kit for $500 look like a steal of a deal

You forgot to take into account however that the tires you listed there for $920.. you'll likely go through them probably once a year. In the long run you will spend more for tires than the Camber Kit (even those expensive Stillen ones lol).

At the end of the day I agree that a rear camber/toe kit should be purchased for any type of drop.. the front is optional depending on the severity of the drop... I went ahead and got both front and rear since I installed coilovers on my ride.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by fullvietFX
Only way to find out is to get an alignment after you drop. Every car is different.
+1, thats the best way to do it.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
What makes you think I'm your bud....NOT!

gary c: im sorry bud but you are also very very wrong. where is your upgraded sways? how bout bushings? maybe braces? oh and what about plates? offset specs? wheels? tires? tourque specs for bolts?
oh and for ~$350 you can lower the g and be in spec. so im thinking thats actually the cheap way
as far as perfect goes - there plethora of parts that are available on the internet make this task IMPOSSIBLE.
you have a very long signature there ... how much do you really know about all those parts?
There is no Perfect way to modify your suspension. read up, figure out what works for you and your car. everyone drives differently and not everyone tracks their car. you can go as crazy as you want or as quick as springs only. The g35 responds well to anything, but in my honest opinion the rear camber kit is worth the money even if you dont drop the car.
$150 for a fully adjustable rear camber kit with toe bolts is nothing.
I'm terribly sorry I should have been more specific and this thread is about lowering springs, alignment and camber kits. Not about the vast amount of suspension mods I have and yes I'm aware how they work and why. I was in the brake/alignment business for no less than 10 years. My suspension knowledge goes back to my '72 Datsun BRE 510 I had on the track at the old Riverside race track when you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. Most G35s wear out the inside 1/4s which can be prevented by adding adjustable camber arms lowered or not....fact! When you add lowering springs and get an alignment the tech can tell you how far off OE specs you are if they're knowledgeable. Then you need to decide if you want to spend the $$ on a camber kit now or wait until you need new tires and the kit! If you not lowered you could add the rear camber adjusters and toe bolts but it's not necessary unless you just want to spend the $$....
Gary

Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
stillen camber front - $919.80
stillen camber rear - $408
stillen toe arms rear - $418
TOTAL = $1745
I paid about $650-700 for my SPC front and rear kits.

OP: SPL and SPC front camber kits will adjust for positive camber, if you plan on slamming you car then go with SPL.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
If I had a dollar for everytime this questions gets asked id have enough to buy myself something nice.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Im maxed out on Tein basics with no camber kit and no alignment for over a year, but only drive 5 miles a day. Lower your car and see what kind of camber you are dealing with.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
What kind of springs are you getting?

I'd reccommend getting a rear kit w/ toe bolt

Old 06-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
This is bothering me now.. just got a set of used Tanabe GF210s

Front is a 1.2 inch drop and rear has a 1.5 inch drop. Hope I don't need a camber kit.. damn hmmm

Old 06-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Wrong the perfect way to modd your suspension after adding springs/coil overs is to install the front/rear camber/toe kit. There is no cheaper way because quality tires cost way more than the camber kit. If your suspension is not to OE specs when you have your alignment done you need the kit to bring it back.
Gary

You did mention that it was the Perfect way to mod suspension, which i immediatly jumped on because you are feeding people improper information.

I'm terribly sorry I should have been more specific and this thread is about lowering springs, alignment and camber kits. Not about the vast amount of suspension mods I have and yes I'm aware how they work and why. I was in the brake/alignment business for no less than 10 years. My suspension knowledge goes back to my '72 Datsun BRE 510 I had on the track at the old Riverside race track when you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. Most G35s wear out the inside 1/4s which can be prevented by adding adjustable camber arms lowered or not....fact! When you add lowering springs and get an alignment the tech can tell you how far off OE specs you are if they're knowledgeable. Then you need to decide if you want to spend the $$ on a camber kit now or wait until you need new tires and the kit! If you not lowered you could add the rear camber adjusters and toe bolts but it's not necessary unless you just want to spend the $$....
Congrats on your knowledge, and thanks for agreeing with me. You have proved that years on this earth really do not equate to the amount of knowledge a person has.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by prinny
This is bothering me now.. just got a set of used Tanabe GF210s

Front is a 1.2 inch drop and rear has a 1.5 inch drop. Hope I don't need a camber kit.. damn hmmm
The fronts will be border line but your rears are in definite need of the camber kit

Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 AM
I can tell you I did about S springs and I tried not to buy all the arms and five it a shot and it isn't happening without them. You might get camber set but toe will go out or visa versa

Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I can tell you I did about S springs and I tried not to buy all the arms and five it a shot and it isn't happening without them. You might get camber set but toe will go out or visa versa. I have ended up doing bushings all the arms and finally the toe bolts. I could pull the camber in but like I said toe would go out. The fronts I hit dead on with arms. The leasin here is unless you want to pay for three alignments and keep screwing with it do it all at once and be done with it. I drive apx 3500 miles a month and went through a new set of tires. Stupid me trying to save money cost myself a whole lot more in the end.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by PorschePhD
I can tell you I did about S springs and I tried not to buy all the arms and five it a shot and it isn't happening without them. You might get camber set but toe will go out or visa versa
whats your drop? by s springs do you mean s-techs?

Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Sorry on my phone and can't edit the words the phone makes up! Lol stupid iPhone

Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes S-techs mine was 1.2 in the front and .8 in the rear even with the rear arms and no toe bolts I was sitting at -2.8 and +12 toe. Handles like **** and scrubbed the tires

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If I lower my car, do I need a camber kit?